• That Guy

2 Awesome BBC Shows - Hotel Babylon & Chef Ramsey to the Rescue

So I was channel surfing, trying to find some new shows to TiVo, and I taped both these shows.

I was so impressed with both shows. I must admit, when I watched Hell's Kitchen, I wasn't very taken with Chef Ramsey, he came across as a tool.(Side note, I don't know why US entertainment insists on taking a great UK show, and F-ing it up by making it American)

His show essentially takes the chef to restaurants who are failing, and about to close. He reviews what they are doing, and helps them to improve every aspect of the restaurant. It was so awesome. Last night, he was in Spain helping a very cocky chef, turn his business around. Chef Ramsey's comments were so funny, I was laughing out loud, kind of like that embarrassing family member, at Christmas.

The other show is called Hotel Babylon, which is a drama which takes place at an upscale hotel. I was first struck by the beauty and talent of the actors, but then a solid script, production, and acting really impressed me. There is a star who is so beautiful, she would kill here in the states. I like the show, very racy and fun.

I HIGHLY recommend both shows, they are great. They do a funny thing at the beginning where they suggest that US viewers use their closed caption, so they may understand what is being said. The voice over women then states, "If the Boston Tea party would have gone differently, you wouldn't need closed captions."

• Minion

Re: 2 Awesome BBC Shows - Hotel Babylon & Chef Ramsey to the Rescue

Ramsey is so much better in this series than in Hell's Kitchen. I don't know, I guess because in some ways, he gets to be more nurturing. He's still a jerk, but comes off nicer somehow.

• "Always On The Move..."

Haven't had a chance to watch Hotel Babylon yet...but am completely addicted to Chef Ramsey To The Rescue. Yup...GREAT SHOW!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I caught one To the Rescue and I thought it was great! And I've never been a big Gordon Ramsey fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    Haven't had a chance to watch Hotel Babylon yet...but am completely addicted to Chef Ramsey To The Rescue. Yup...GREAT SHOW!!!!
    Is this the same show as "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares"? At least that's how it is labeled on the BBCA that I get.

And I thought he was going to be doing a similar show on FOX this season going into American eateries.

If it is indeed the same show, and I think it is, I agree - it's tremendous - we've been watching for a couple of years now.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    Ramsey is so much better in this series than in Hell's Kitchen. I don't know, I guess because in some ways, he gets to be more nurturing. He's still a jerk, but comes off nicer somehow.

I agree 100%!!!!!

He is still funny as hell, but man, you can tell he is passionate about fine cooking, and using good ingredients. I LOVE this show. I watched another episode last night, and he is so funny, I am laughing my azz off. It is also cool that they can use more curse words on BBC, it makes it a bit edgier.

I am so impressed with how much he really seems to care about the field of running a restaurant.

(On a side note, he looks SO different from him on Hell's Kitchen. I wonder if he got Botox, or what? He has some very prominent creases on his chin and face.)

• That Guy

And again, it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Hell's Kitchen. That show sucks. He doesn't teach the chef's anything, and as a viewer, I don't learn anything either.

LinkBacks (?)