Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: The 2007 Emmys-thoughts and comments?

This is what Perez Hilton is reporting Sally Field said that they cut out.

The Emmy telecast bleeped part of Sally Field’s acceptance speech for her best actress in a drama win.
    What did she say?
    “If mothers ruled the world, there wouldn’t be any god-damned wars in the first place.”

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

^^^ Yes! Terry O'Quinn! I love him. That was the only category I was seriously torn over. I love love love Masi Oka, he's probably the reason why I watch "Heroes." Because his character and his acting is... the character is so real, you know someone like that (I'm like that!), but there's an honesty to his portrayal of it that is amazing. Michael Emerson, dude so scary and he is just so good as Ben. And I kinda' love him because he looks like my dad (except my dad isn't as creepy and taller.) and I think that non-super maintenced guys should get some Emmy-lovin'. And Terry O'Quinn... Locke is so kick ***! I love him. He is amazing. If one of those 3 won I was happy.

I looked at Yahoo's Worst Dressed and Best dressed list this morning. If the pictures had been separated, Outside of Jamie Lee Presley, I am not sure I could have guessed who would have been placed in which column.

With some of the most awful stuff hitting the fashion runways lately, who can tell the difference?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    Quick rant......James Spader!!????

Do any of the voters actually watch TV?
    Seriously! Any of the other 4 are much better than this guy! I just don't get the James Spader love.

• Winter in Oceanside...

And does anyone here actually watch 30 Rock?

• Man O Lantern

I'm sorry I missed this moment. I heart them.

I watched Jeremy Piven win and Jaime Pressley and Terry O'Quinn. Other than that, we didn't watch. It was awful! I hate the stage and I pretty much boycott anything and everything with Ryan Seacrest. I hate him with the passion of a thousand bunnies.

I hate how they made it look like they were just plucking the people out of the audience to be presenters. Cheap and stupid looking.

And I've never met a single person who ever watched 30 Rock. WTF.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I can't get into 30 Rock. The comedies I watch weren't nominated. I mean I watch Ugly Betty but is that a comedy? I don't know...I don't watch My Name is Earl because I can't stand (!!!!) Jaime Presley. Her voice is the most annoying thing on the planet.

• For You!

I didn't watch the show - frankly, there are so many award shows now, they just don't interest me - We watched the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Award shows used to be cool, glamorous, and classy. Now they are opportunities for political comment, self promotion, and free advertising for the television/film industry. Very little of the stuff that gets recognition doesn't deserve recognition: most of it is cheap, knockoff crud that glorifies sex and is unable to recognize a good plot or joke if it bit them on the proso.

I just cannot stand award shows, and avoid watching them every time. When they start broadcasting award shows for policemen, firemen, teachers, and people in the armed services, then I might be interested. But the rest of these yay-hoos offer no reason to pay them attention.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainTeach View Post
    Now they are opportunities for political comment, self promotion, and free advertising for the television/film industry.
    I agree. I want to watch TV comedies, drama, etc. to be entertained. Keep your political opinions to yourselves during a ceremony that celebrates your acting abilities. You want to show your political opinions (on either side), find a different venue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    I absolutely hated the new stage configuration. When the show started, I expected to see Regis appear and start asking the audience to key in the people they think would win that evening, and then give the celeb with the most correct answers a chance for the hot seat at actually winning an award.

Also, I didn't like Ryan Seacrest's material AT ALL.

Overall, I wasn't impressed by this year's show.
    Agree. And was the absolute worst and most painful to watch Emmys ever, IMHO. We all just sat with our mouths hanging open in disbelief. Didn't even feel like an awards show.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Award shows used to be cool, glamorous, and classy. Now they are opportunities for political comment, self promotion, and free advertising for the television/film industry. Very little of the stuff that gets recognition doesn't deserve recognition: most of it is cheap, knockoff crud that glorifies sex and is unable to recognize a good plot or joke if it bit them on the proso.

I just cannot stand award shows, and avoid watching them every time. When they start broadcasting award shows for policemen, firemen, teachers, and people in the armed services, then I might be interested. But the rest of these yay-hoos offer no reason to pay them attention.
    I kinda' felt like you did while watching the show. I was like "dude why do I feel like I am watching a promo for Fox?" And I don't like Fox... at all.

But I am with you regarding most of these people... I hate the fake Hollywood and when they did the whole "look at who does charity." It was like "oh good, so these highly paid celebrities do a few good deeds and the people who are actually do good in this world aren't being recognized." There's the exception of Sally Fields who... that wasn't good.

• Banned User

"Award shows used to be cool, glamorous, and classy. Now they are opportunities for political comment, self promotion, and free advertising for the television/film industry."
    This has gone on for the longest time, mind you. Need I remind you people that Jane Fonda ("The Hanoi Hilton Whore" as my mother called her) spoke out at the Oscars decades ago.

"When they start broadcasting award shows for policemen, firemen, teachers, and people in the armed services, then I might be interested."
    Disney Channel used to have a Teachers' Awards show every year until the "refocused" on the so-called "Tween Audience" 24/7/365 a couple years ago. That makes me angry why they do this, and further drag Walter Elias Disney's great name through the two parts H2O and one part topsoil mixture.

• Minion

It didn't seem to me that there was that much political commentary going on. Sally Fields plays a mother of a soldier, so it seemed a natural comment to make. Some of the jokes fell flat, but it seemed like more of the punchlines hit. Great opening song. Seacrest wasn't GREAT, but didn't get in the way and actually had a few nice moments.

There has been some good comedy on the air lately and it was fun that a number of those shows got recognized.

• Banned User

<snip>most of it is cheap, knockoff crud that glorifies sex <snip>
    Thank goodness, or there'd be no reason to watch TV at all anymore!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast