Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: The 2007 Emmys-thoughts and comments?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I hate how they made it look like they were just plucking the people out of the audience to be presenters. Cheap and stupid looking.
    They did that? Ugh, that would have made me crazy. I'm glad I skipped it and read a book instead.

And I like 30 Rock, when I remember to watch it.
    A signature should go here.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

^^What book? Seriously if I were one of the presenters or winners I would have "accidently" mooned someone from the Ugly Betty cast because their whole cast was right behind the microphone and they had the worst view.

I am really torn about the Emmys this year. I can't be completely upset since the Sopranos were rightfully almost completely shut out. I don't understand where all of this junk about the Sopranos being a landscape changing show and universally adored by enlightened people. I've seen the Sopranos. Newsflash: It's not that good. The acting isn't that good. The writing isn't that good. It's better than a lot of television, but most definately not worthy of all of the awards that have been heaped onto it over the years.

On the same note, how tacky was it that they had a tribute to it in the year that it received nominations? You would never catch the Oscars giving a tribute to a film nominated that year. How unfair to the competition. Did Seinfeld receive a tribute the year it ended? M.A.S.H.? Hill Street Blues?

Ryan Seacrest was unable to leave an impact since he left most of the jokes to "actual" commedians (the quotes around actual naturally refer to Ray Romano). The opening Family Guy segment futher cemented why I absolutely loathe their show, actually insinuating that Scrubs wasn't funny. Why not take a look in the mirror.

America and Terry O'Quinn winning were both absolutely amazing moments. Jeremy Piven (from the atrociously bad Entourage) and James Spader, not so much. Katherine Heigl was fairly random, but I couldn't get excited about any of those nominees besides Rachel Griffiths (where was Connie Britton?). Sally Field was also very well deserved. Probably the most brilliant moment of the entire broadcast (outside of the Office video clips) was Steve Carrell accepting Ricky Gervais's award and jumping around the stage. One word: Awesome.

Otherwise, fairly typical Emmys. Wake me up when the Golden Globes role around. They are always good for restoring my faith in humanity.

P.S. Emmys people, next year, hire an actual commedian so that I can at least laugh the pain away of you guys awarding the wrong people. Conan O'Brien made a great host, solely for bringing Bob Newhart out in a bubble.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    ^^What book?
    Critical Issues and Alternatives in Educational Philosophy. I'm still thinking it was the better deal from all I've heard.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I had was reading David Elkind's stuff last night and watching the Emmys while knitting. Still I saw L.A.'s mayor at the awards show and was pissed. I really dislike that man.

• Minion

Wow, it's like there isn't anybody reading this thread that A) actually watches TV and B) enjoys doing so. The Sopranos was a great show, for that matter, Entourage is a lot of fun to watch. It's always funny to me that these shows come on and so many people can't wait to complain about the industry self congragulating itself or having a fun night. I mean, if you disagree with so much that's on and with the shows that actually win awards, why watch?

• Circle of Ancients

I agree with The Sopranos, great show.

I've tried to watch Entourage, I just couldn't get into it. It's one of those shows (Like Scrubs, 30 Rock, My Name is Earl and Arrested Development) that really aren't funny (to me), but somehow you are somehow "cool" if you watch them.

As for James Spader ... give me a freaking break. Why is the "acadamy" or whoever votes for these so up in his butt? I was actually surprised when Shatner didn't win.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I agree with The Sopranos, great show.

I've tried to watch Entourage, I just couldn't get into it. It's one of those shows (Like Scrubs, 30 Rock, My Name is Earl and Arrested Development) that really aren't funny (to me), but somehow you are somehow "cool" if you watch them.
    Sopranos - great show! (Have you watched Brotherhood yet? A reasonable Sopranos substitute now that it's gone) I also don't get Scrubs, 30 Rock, My Name is Earl and Arrested Development so I guess I'm not cool. Never seen Entourage, but if looks like we have the same taste so I'll trust your judgement!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Here's the thing: I love t.v. I am a t.v. whore. But look at what I watch:
    -Heroes
    -Lost
    -Notes from the Underbelly
    -October Road (love this show! Brian Greenberg. So hot.)
    -Ugly Betty
    And I plan to watch "Private Practice," "Bionic Woman," and "Chuck." Maybe the Viva Lauglin. Oh and Origins but that doesn't count. So..."Oh look! Ryan Seacrest!" Doesn't appeal to me. I don't like the Sopranos/anything violent. Honestly I wanted to see Heroes win. I watched to see Masi win. I think Masi right now is the best actor on t.v. and portrays the best character on t.v. ("Super Hiro!"). Plus Rain Wilson makes me giggle. He's in "Galaxy Quest."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I also don't get Scrubs, 30 Rock, My Name is Earl and Arrested Development so I guess I'm not cool. Never seen Entourage, but if looks like we have the same taste so I'll trust your judgement!
    See, I like all of these shows, plus Boston Legal. Okay, maybe not Earl so much, but for sure the others.

Do you guys like The Office then?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post

Do you guys like The Office then?
    I love The Office!

• Circle of Ancients

LOVE The Office. Perfectly cast, perfectly written, perfectly hilarious.

To be fair when it comes to 30 Rock, I hate, HATE, Freakin' HATE Alec Baldwin, so my view is slightly off. But I've tried to watch it, maybe I will try again.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I love the Office, I think John Kranski is probably the most attractive normal guy ever. Rain Wilson is... :::giggle giggle::: and I want to look like Jenna Fischer. But I always forget it's on. I should just buy the series. Here's my love of that cast though: I've seen every movie the main 4 have been in in the last 3 years.

• Banned User

Every Awards show is a cluster**** for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I love the Office, I think John Kranski is probably the most attractive normal guy ever. Rain Wilson is... :::giggle giggle::: and I want to look like Jenna Fischer. But I always forget it's on. I should just buy the series. Here's my love of that cast though: I've seen every movie the main 4 have been in in the last 3 years.
    john krasinski is soo adorable,i also love the office.Rainn lookd cute at the emmys he had this rivers cuomo vibe going on.I love his nike commercials! Steves cute too. You should buy the dvds! I just got season 3 the other day,good stuff. I dont know why but rashida jones buggs me...just something about her..hm..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast