Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Banned User

Re: The 2007 Emmys-thoughts and comments?

Ryan Seacrest, I don't understand why he is popular or even has a job. He just loves himself so much, and he is an awful presenter, everyone who has him as am employee should fire him!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Ryan was good on Star 98.7 before he got big. Now he seems like a hole.

Radio Barry- Maybe that's why I don't like Fox.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    "There was the infamous young Indian (excuse me - Native American) woman accepting Marlon Brando's Oscar for "The Godfather"...among other examples from that period."
    However, it turned out decades later that she really wasn't a Native American. She was an actress hired by Brando.

• We're number one!

I'm just surprised people actually watch the emmys.

• Minion

I really enjoyed the Family Guy song in the beginning (even though I'm not sure why they said Scrubs wasn't funny). Sadly, the show went completely downhill from there. The theater configuration was a terrible idea.

I like 30 Rock but The Office is far superior. James Spader for best actor? Was this a joke? I personally think Dennis Leary deserved that honor.

I also love the Amazing Race but I don't think it deserved the Emmy this year or last as I think Project Runway and Top Chef are superior shows.

I think the Amazing Race had a couple of off seasons in a row. Don't get me wrong, it's one of only two reality shows that I can stomach (the other being the oft forgotten the Mole with Anderson Cooper), but I'm not sure it truly deserved the award this particular year over Project Runway.

As for the longer breaks in between seasons for some shows, I do feel the pain of a long break. However, I don't believe that some shows truly need it as much as others. I don't feel that the Soprano's really needs to break for over a year to come up with 8 or so new episodes. On the other hand, as frustrating as it is, I'm completely ecstatic that Lost is able to almost fully complete filming it's season before the first one airs. That way, they could fully script up where the reveal will come better, and they'll be able to make the overarching story lines of the season much more cohesive.

I do have to admit, I consciously avoid a certain genre of television almost completely: crime and punishment shows. I hate how the procedural has completely taken over CBS's lineup to the point where I can no longer tell the shows apart. I mean, the only defining difference to me between Criminal Minds and Cold Case for example is that the former used to star Mandy Patinkin, of Dead Like Me and the Princess Bride. Otherwise, on threat of death, I honestly don't know anything else about those shows.

I agree with the general consensus that the theater in the round idea was horrendous. The only redeeming moment was the Conan writer asking to be let off stage by the trap door. I did like that the casts got to sit together though, because it was quite obvious that some of the casts really get along with one another (the Office and Ugly Betty).

I couldn't help but smile when I saw my girl Kristen Bell sitting front and center in the Heroes section. She single-handedly has convinced me to stick with Heroes next season.

One more voice to add to the Office love here. It's my most anticipated returning show this fall. Can't wait. 8 more days!
    Last edited by Mr Ness; 09-19-2007 at 02:24 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I had major issues with Lost last season and... the almost year break. Dude. I don't even remember last year's major "issues." I remember watching the finale, not reading any spoilers (because I heard it was so good to spoil.), and figuring it out without ten minutes of it. I was like "dude...here's where it goes."Does it really need that long? I am all about quality on t.v. but I write a novel in a month! I write a huge script in a month (movie scripts are typically 90 pages. T.v. scripts are 45 pages, typically. The script you write for script frenzy are 120ish). I don't know...

Kristen Bell's new show starts tonight.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ness View Post
    I think the Amazing Race had a couple of off seasons in a row. Don't get me wrong, it's one of only two reality shows that I can stomach (the other being the oft forgotten the Mole with Anderson Cooper), but I'm not sure it truly deserved the award this particular year of Project Runway.

As for the longer breaks in between seasons for some shows, I do feel the pain of a long break. However, I don't believe that some shows truly need it as much as others. I don't feel that the Soprano's really needs to break for over a year to come up with 8 or so new episodes. On the other hand, as frustrating as it is, I'm completely ecstatic that Lost is able to almost fully complete filming it's season before the first one airs. That way, they could fully script up where the reveal will come better, and they'll be able to make the overarching story lines of the season much more cohesive.

I do have to admit, I consciously avoid a certain genre of television almost completely: crime and punishment shows. I hate how the procedural has completely taken over CBS's lineup to the point where I can no longer tell the shows apart. I mean, the only defining difference to me between Criminal Minds and Cold Case for example is that the former used to star Mandy Patinkin, of Dead Like Me and the Princess Bride. Otherwise, on threat of death, I honestly don't know anything else about those shows.

I agree with the general consensus that the theater in the round idea was horrendous. The only redeeming moment was the Conan writer asking to be let off stage by the trap door. I did like that the casts got to sit together though, because it was quite obvious that some of the casts really get along with one another (the Office and Ugly Betty).

I couldn't help but smile when I saw my girl Kristen Bell sitting front and center in the Heroes section. She single-handedly has convinced me to stick with Heroes next season.

One more voice to add to the Office love here. It's my most anticipated returning show this fall. Can't wait. 8 more days!
    Agreed about the Amazing Race. I love the show, but the last couple of seasons weren't spectacular, especially the "All Stars" season which featured about 2 memorable teams.

I agree about the crime shows too. They are way overdone. I guess a lot of that was fueled by CSI's success.

• Minion

Wasn't the season just before the All Stars the season with Joyce and Uchena? I thought that was a really great season.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    Wasn't the season just before the All Stars the season with Joyce and Uchena? I thought that was a really great season.
    No - I'm pretty sure they were at least 2 season before the All-Stars. That was a really good season though. I was so happy they won to because they surprisingly came from behind. I hardly saw the season right before All-Stars, but I remember one team was the two huge red necks who had probably never been outside their swamp and another team was the first Hindu team ever on the race. They got kicked out the first episode though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I just wanted to say:
    This is the first thread I've started that was on miceage's micechat round up. Yay!

If anyone wants to see the best actress winner, America Ferrra, all day today is an "Ugly Betty" marathon.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I just wanted to say:
    This is the first thread I've started that was on miceage's micechat round up. Yay!
    I had a thread on Round up...it's a fun feeling....Good for you

• Still lost in Neverland

I watched about 10 minutes and turned it off. Television is mostly Crude nowadays anyway. I really watch the shows I like and really don't care anything about winning anymore. Winning a statue does not influence me at all anymore in what I watch.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345