Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toon Disney

Toon Disney

Is it just me, or has Disney let the Toon Disney Channel turn into another Kids WB? In the olden days, the WB used to play the classic shows like Animaniacs, Freakezoid, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Pinky & the Brain, and Earthworm Jim. Then the Anime craze started with Pokemon and Card Captors.

The Disney Channel used to be THE channel for watching classic Disney cartoons, like Quack Attack, and Mouse [Tails?], Aladdin, The Little Mermaid. Then, they started making these stupid shows with a bunch of people that thought they could act, Lizzie Macguire, That's So Raven-starring Raven who thinks she's too good for Disneyland when openly said to the Disney public, "I'm [over] 18 now, so I don't go to Disneyland, I go to Six Flags;" Even Stevens, the Suite Life of ?????-who are attempting pull a Hanson with their long blond girlish hair. Honestly, if you didn;t know any better, you'd think they were girls.

So, Disney installs Toon Disney; a channel dedicated to the Disney Channel of the past, showing classic Disney cartoons as well as Aladdin, The Little Mermain, Gargoyles, Quack Pack, Tale Spin, Goof Troop, and House of Mouse. Then, what does Disney do, they introduce "Jetix" a section of the Disney Channel with nothing but Anime crap shows. But it seems to me that this Jetix keeps growing and it's taken over Toon Disney to where it should be called AnimeToon Disney.

Sadly, the Disney Channel, as a whole, has turned into a Kids WB/Nickelodeon combined.

• far, far away from DL

Re: Toon Disney

I agree with you. I can't stand "jetix". Bring back the 80's and 90's cartoons!!!!!

• Hiding in the shadows

I completely agree, but unfortunately it appears that Disney has made a choice to constantly cycle through new shows to keep the content new and updated. Its a fine line because they want to keep viewership up, and with the short attention span of kids, they need new shows to do this.

The older cartoons could be seen by some as childish, so the anime can target that audience. I hate it, especially when there are so few kids channels that are worth while.

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I hate Anime so I can't watch Saturday morning cartoons anywhere now. I have to watch Family Guy, which is okay but I like me the kid cartoons. Bring on the Snorks, Smurfs, Ducktales, Goof Troop (is it bad that I had a cartoon crush on Max from that show as a kid/teenager?), Pepper Ann, and Doug. Love me the Doug. There is a song on that show that I use in music time.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

• Loves Fajita!

Jetix makes me insane. My 5 year old likes it, but I dont care for it at all. I like the Toon Disney programming and try to change the channel before it changes to Jetix. Jetix just has an entirely different type of content that I am not thrilled about her watching.

Boomerang on demand though... that is good stuff. Flinstones, Smurfs, Jetsons. I love the fact that she likes the same cartoons that I watched - and I feel better about the content.

• Minion

I feel the same way as everyone else, but in reality, your kids will feel the same way about Anime when they're older.

I wish Disney made a channel that showcased it's older properties though.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Ahaha I HATED Donald Duck presents!

One of the coolest things about WDW is that the hotels have a channel thsy shows old cartoons.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    "I wish Disney made a channel that showcased it's older properties though."
    Do the name Vault Disney ring a bell?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Isn't that the ugly store at Downtown Disney?

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    Is it just me, or has Disney let the Toon Disney Channel turn into another Kids WB? In the olden days, the WB used to play the classic shows like Animaniacs, Freakezoid, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Pinky & the Brain, and Earthworm Jim. Then the Anime craze started with Pokemon and Card Captors.

The Disney Channel used to be THE channel for watching classic Disney cartoons, like Quack Attack, and Mouse [Tails?], Aladdin, The Little Mermaid. Then, they started making these stupid shows with a bunch of people that thought they could act, Lizzie Macguire, That's So Raven-starring Raven who thinks she's too good for Disneyland when openly said to the Disney public, "I'm [over] 18 now, so I don't go to Disneyland, I go to Six Flags;" Even Stevens, the Suite Life of ?????-who are attempting pull a Hanson with their long blond girlish hair. Honestly, if you didn;t know any better, you'd think they were girls.

So, Disney installs Toon Disney; a channel dedicated to the Disney Channel of the past, showing classic Disney cartoons as well as Aladdin, The Little Mermain, Gargoyles, Quack Pack, Tale Spin, Goof Troop, and House of Mouse. Then, what does Disney do, they introduce "Jetix" a section of the Disney Channel with nothing but Anime crap shows. But it seems to me that this Jetix keeps growing and it's taken over Toon Disney to where it should be called AnimeToon Disney.

Sadly, the Disney Channel, as a whole, has turned into a Kids WB/Nickelodeon combined.

I agree with you 100 percent. Disney channel is losing its classic format well I guess that format is gone. But I wish they would show the the animations of the past.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

Isn't that the ugly store at Downtown Disney?
    no valt disney was the great idea that used to be on disney channel, they would show classic shows like zorro, mickey mouse club & walt disney presents. it was great unfortunatly it faded away so that it disney could replay there current shows like the replacments. this is why i keep saying that disney needs a boomerang like channel for disney cartoons and live action shows!
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• far, far away from DL

I love Boomerang. I tear up when my 3 yr old sings the theme to the Snorks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I don't get boomerang on our t.v. What does it play?

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I miss me some old Disney Cartoons. I used to love watching Bonkers, Chip and Dale, Tale Spin, Quack Pack, and now they've completely gone anime on it. It doesn't help that they purchased Saban Properties; they were owned by Fox, and it has nothing to do with Disney. Please bring back the ORIGINAL Toon Disney, somebody!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast