Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Gossip Girl, anyone?

Did anyone watch the pilot of CW's Gossip Girl?

I really liked it! Can't wait to see the characters fleshed out, except Chuck. He needs to go straight to jail for his record TWO date rape attempts in one TV episode. Usually you can eventually like a villain, but I don't think I can ever like him.

I hope Blair's sidekicks have more of a personality in the future....and that there are more characters on the horizon, because this was a very tight little cast.

And Blair's mom is no Julie Cooper, but I hope she can develop into one.....

• Banned User

Re: Gossip Girl, anyone?

It's an interesting idea for a show. I liked it and I am not in the demographics for sure, with all the narration it reminds me so much of desparate housewives for teens. and I have always been a fan of kristen bells. glad she got a job so soon after veronica mars was cancelled. I hear it's based on a series of books.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I liked it! I am glad I am not the only "grown up" who likes it. I really like Dan. He just seems like a cool cat. And Eric, Serena's suicidal brother, why do I think he is going to get with Jenny? Blair, I feel bad for. I really do... And I liked the dress she wore before her mom told her to change. Chuck, I don't get him. Like why does he feel that need? And that scarf? It's dumb. Nate. He seems really one note. The parents, I like Rufus (like the name too), Lily I am totally confused by her. I don't like Blair's sidekicks. They seemed dumb.

Apparently there's a main character that was left out of the pilot.

But yeah Penn Bagdely I really like. He seems like such a cool cat. And Blake Lively she really portrays the troubled girl well.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I dvr'd it! Going to watch it this afternoon.

Chuck seems like he's trying too hard to be James Spader circa Pretty In Pink/Less Than Zero. I'm hoping for a little more personality from Blair's sidekicks also, Nate's a cute kid but he needs to step it up, he's a little blah so far.
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 09-20-2007 at 07:58 AM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

It was nice hearing Kristen Bells voice again, but it was weird hearing her stay dumb sounding stuff, instead of talking snarkily about clues from her case or whatnot.

Overall, it ranged from pretty good to okay. I enjoyed the outsider guy's relationship with his sister, but I thought that the evil guy was drawn too broadly and too sinister.

Quick question: Why was outsider guy's sister allowed to hang with the rich popular kids? I thought it was all about money.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

I tried to watch it but just couldn't get into it... maybe if I read the books first... :/
    <3 Chloe

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ness View Post
    It was nice hearing Kristen Bells voice again, but it was weird hearing her stay dumb sounding stuff, instead of talking snarkily about clues from her case or whatnot.

Overall, it ranged from pretty good to okay. I enjoyed the outsider guy's relationship with his sister, but I thought that the evil guy was drawn too broadly and too sinister.

Quick question: Why was outsider guy's sister allowed to hang with the rich popular kids? I thought it was all about money.
    She did all the caligraphy for the invitations and was allowed to go to the party.

• Minion

I liked it. Looking forward to seeing what happens/happened between Dan and Serena's Dad and Mon.

It's no OC but it will do.

• Love Dole Whips

I really liked it. I loved looking at all the desinger handbags they carry. I am a handbag addict so I look at that stuff.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

So far, I'm really liking this show!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Nate annoys me. Today Blair seemed very Sarah Michelle Gellar ala Cruel Intentions to me. Still enjoing it!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

Blair is gorgeous. I love that she's completely evil.

Dan's dad and Serena's mom are going to get together at some point (again), but she's going to try to marry Chuck's dad to get his cashola....this is my best guess.

Dan's dad is hot.

We need new characters, pronto.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Dan's dad is indeed hot and he's got the coolest name. I agree with new characters, Blair's sidekicks need to amp it up, they're boring.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

I'm thinking they need a Summer Roberts type sidekick, who turns into another major character. Because, yes, so far Blair's sidekicks have barely said a word and they look like their wearing costumes, not clothes.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Defintely costumes, I hate that, it bugs. If not a Summer Roberts type then a Gretchen from Mean Girls type of sidekick, unless that's where they're trying to go with Jenny. Someone for Blair to shoot down at every turn.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast