Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Re: Season 4 of 'Grey's Anatomy"- Seriously!

Since the episode has aired ... I'm not using spoiler tags.

At the end, George walks into their hotel room and Callie is there. And she says something like, "Just say it" and he says, "I slept with Izzie".

I want to smack Alex.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    Since the episode has aired ... I'm not using spoiler tags.

At the end, George walks into their hotel room and Callie is there. And she says something like, "Just say it" and he says, "I slept with Izzie".

I want to smack Alex.

Alex has always been a jerk, those moments that he is supposed to be sympathtic were pathetic because it's moments like that it's just ruined.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by dontbecheekin View Post

I'm so mad at Karev for the elevator scene! Grr...What a jerk.
    And I was just starting to like him. That was a jerky thing to do.

• Circle of Ancients

This was the best Grey's episode in awhile IMO.

Alex is back to being a jerk. Cool surgeries (that needle thing in the eye was cool). Meredith and Derek are having secret sex.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    (that needle thing in the eye was cool).
    I SERIOUSLY had to turn away during that!!! I'll never be a doctor!

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I SERIOUSLY had to turn away during that!!! I'll never be a doctor!
    I did too. I made my husband tell me when it was done.

• Banned User

So, this seems to be where everyone currently stands:

Cristina, one of the best characters and best actresses on the entire show, is now a storyline-lacking caricature of herself who is almost certainly doomed to become nothing more than a mediocre background character. What a waste.

Meredith, whom I had thought could not possibly be any more neurotic or childish, is not only now a gajillion times more neurotic and childish, but is also now a raging bitch. Blech. I'd love to see Princess Pissy Pants get called out and thrown down by her sister. That would be sublime.

Izzy. Wow. Somebody needs to nickname her "McSuccubus." Seriously, her "Everything's about me! Pay attention to me! Leave your wife for me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" is so old, so lame and so boring that I wanted to fast-forward through every scene she was in. I now cringe at the very sight of her.

George. We lose the awesome character of Burke and the amazing screen presence of Isaiah Washington all so we can keep Mr. "I have no honor and cheated on my wife and now I want to leave her even though she's a gajillion times the woman that Izzy is?" Lo-oo. Ser-rrr. Get rid of this ninny and bring back Burke.

Shepherd: Limp. Noodle. Enough said.

Sloan. Thank Zeus he's still around as there needs to be someone who isn't a rewrite of a Dawson's Creek character on this show. He steals every scene he's in and if he goes, so does all wit and edge, which would make this show a butterknife in a sea of razors.

Bailey. Much like Cristina, Bailey is woefully underutilized. We spend seemingly forever on juvenile melodrama like "The George & Izzy Affair" while Bailey only gets to pop up every few scenes like a raging Jack-in-the-box, give us a few seconds of engaging television, then disappear again. Another waste.

Alex. Dude, you'd think the bada$$ of the bunch would be Sloan, but in reality it's Alex. How wicked was that eye thing? And calling out Wunderdouche in the elevator was classic and so cathartic that I applauded. Awesome. Alex's no-nonsense honesty and cut-the-crap attitude is exactly what this show needs more of.

And last, but certainly not least, Calli. Why did the writers decide to pick her to dump all over? With Addison gone Calli is the show's resident Queen of All Babes, and yet she's the one who gets cheated on, called out, crapped on and disrespected? Lame lamity lame lame lame. I'd crawl naked through ten miles of rusty thumb tacks just to drink a cup of her cold bath water. Show Calli some love! I'm afraid that if she and George split then the writers won't see a need for her anymore and we'll lose her, which would suck monkey balls.

Overall, I'm totally underwhelmed. It seems as though there is an ABC Curse where shows (LOST, Grey's, Housewives) start out really strong with great, fresh writing only to deteriorate rapidly with each successive season. Sad.

Oh well, at least I know that in a couple of months I'll have my 24 back. Viva le Bauer!
    Last edited by Jazzman; 10-13-2007 at 02:01 PM.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I have to agree with some of what Jazzman says. I've been watching all the Grey's episodes this season the exact time they air and not waiting to watch it on my Tivo but I still feel like the new season hasn't started. I guess I am just not used to having Burke and Addison gone, Christina dealing with Burke's absence, the whole George/Izzy crap. It has been underwhelming so far but it was nice to see the surgery and eyeball scene.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post

Alex. Dude, you'd think the bada$$ of the bunch would be Sloan, but in reality it's Alex. How wicked was that eye thing? And calling out Wunderdouche in the elevator was classic and so cathartic that I capplauded. Awesome. Alex's no-nonsense honesty and cut-the-crap attitude is exactly what this show needs more of.
    You know, you are right about Alex. He's a jerk, but I LOVE it when he shows up on screen. He is giving the show some spark!

I disagree about Callie. She bores me to tears. I have no empathy for her being dumped on because I haven't found a reason to care about her character... yet.

Your other character comments: spot on. We need more Alex, more Christina, more Sloan (drool), more Baily.

• Circle of Ancients

Callie bores me to tears as well. I have no doubt she's a good actress but I just don't buy her character AT ALL.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Hi not reading this yet I only have watched the first ep so far but Mere's sister is so annoying, UGH.

And no freaking comment on George telling Izzy he loves her! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Does anyone on here listen to the Grey's Anatomy podcasts that Shonda Rimes and Betsy Beers puts out every week after the episode airs on ABC? They're pretty cool to listen to so you can hear from the creators and writers' POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    So, this seems to be where everyone currently stands:

Cristina, one of the best characters and best actresses on the entire show, is now a storyline-lacking caricature of herself who is almost certainly doomed to become nothing more than a mediocre background character. What a waste.

Meredith, whom I had thought could not possibly be any more neurotic or childish, is not only now a gajillion times more neurotic and childish, but is also now a raging bitch. Blech. I'd love to see Princess Pissy Pants get called out and thrown down by her sister. That would be sublime.

Izzy. Wow. Somebody needs to nickname her "McSuccubus." Seriously, her "Everything's about me! Pay attention to me! Leave your wife for me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" is so old, so lame and so boring that I wanted to fast-forward through every scene she was in. I now cringe at the very sight of her.

George. We lose the awesome character of Burke and the amazing screen presence of Isaiah Washington all so we can keep Mr. "I have no honor and cheated on my wife and now I want to leave her even though she's a gajillion times the woman that Izzy is?" Lo-oo. Ser-rrr. Get rid of this ninny and bring back Burke.

Shepherd: Limp. Noodle. Enough said.

Sloan. Thank Zeus he's still around as there needs to be someone who isn't a rewrite of a Dawson's Creek character on this show. He steals every scene he's in and if he goes, so does all wit and edge, which would make this show a butterknife in a sea of razors.

Bailey. Much like Cristina, Bailey is woefully underutilized. We spend seemingly forever on juvenile melodrama like "The George & Izzy Affair" while Bailey only gets to pop up every few scenes like a raging Jack-in-the-box, give us a few seconds of engaging television, then disappear again. Another waste.

Alex. Dude, you'd think the bada$$ of the bunch would be Sloan, but in reality it's Alex. How wicked was that eye thing? And calling out Wunderdouche in the elevator was classic and so cathartic that I capplauded. Awesome. Alex's no-nonsense honesty and cut-the-crap attitude is exactly what this show needs more of.

And last, but certainly not least, Calli. Why did the writers decide to pick her to dump all over? With Addison gone Calli is the show's resident Queen of All Babes, and yet she's the one who gets cheated on, called out, crapped on and disrespected? Lame lamity lame lame lame. I'd crawl naked through ten miles of rusty thumb tacks just to drink a cup of her cold bath water. Show Calli some love! I'm afraid that if she and George split then the writers won't see a need for her anymore and we'll lose her, which would suck monkey balls.

Overall, I'm totally underwhelmed. It seems as though there is an ABC Curse where shows (LOST, Grey's, Housewives) start out really strong with great, fresh writing only to deteriorate rapidly with each successive season. Sad.

Oh well, at least I know that in a couple of months I'll have my 24 back. Viva le Bauer!
    WOW, you nailed it. (only my "other" show is Heroes and not 24)
    Thanks for the excellent synopsis.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I disagree about Callie. She bores me to tears. I have no empathy for her being dumped on because I haven't found a reason to care about her character... yet.
    I do understand your point about her. I guess I can't forget how Calli started out; sassy, strong, alluring. She debuted with a lot of potential and could have really grown into a great engaging character, but when she became nothing more than a foil for the George & Izzy Show she pretty much got neutered. I still hope for a return of her character the way she started out, but I can totally see how she would bore somebody now.

• my two sunshines

I agree about Christina - she is totally under utilized
    Meredith - she is sooooo childish!
    Merediths sister - even more childish than Meredith, oh wah wah wah - your there to learn medicine not get in good favor with your sister who has told you that you did not have the same father, blah blah blah
    George - geez just do it and get it over with - stop with all the nervous ticks and grow a pair of ballz!
    Izzy - stop second guessing yourself, your beautiful, a doctor and you still have no self esteem - she can get any guy she wants yet she wants someone that doesn't have any self esteem either!
    Bailey - she is being groomed to take Burkes place as head of surgery, the only reason why she isn't the head of the interns or whatever Callie does - geez such a strong character who is doing nothing with her time
    Callie - who married George at his lowest and is acting like a spoiled brat - she's been appointed the head of whatever now grow a spine, stand up and do your job!
    Sloan - they need to do something with him, he doesn't smile enough
    Shepard - geez he's a world reknown brain surgeon, act like it!
    Karev - love em! But calling out George wasn't okay - he has the most to offer so far out of all the interns, or doctors, or whatever they are now

You guys are right - these characters have turned into spoiled brats, I'm surprised anyone comes out of the hospital alive! I still do enjoy the show but I think the end is near if they don't come up with some REALLY GOOD storylines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast