Thread: BigShots

• Winter in Oceanside...

BigShots

Did anyone watch this last week? I watched the premiere episode. It seemed to be a kind of Sex in the City with men who are all CEOs. I may be in the minority, but I liked this better than Dirty Sexy Money.

•   
    • So fetch

Re: BigShots

I liked it. I didn't watch Dirty Sexy Money but I know a lot of people are comparing the two. I hope it doesn't get canceled. I hate watching new dramas just to have the show taken off the schedule

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    \I hate watching new dramas just to have the show taken off the schedule
    I'm afraid of that too. Seems the networks don't give shows much of a chance before canning them.

I'm pretty sure Big Shots is staying put for a while. They have already brought in a new show runner to try and tweak the show, like Greg Berlanti did last season with Brothers & Sisters.

The latter show had a dark first couple of episodes before Berlanti injected some humor into the show, which in turn really improved the quality and enjoyability (not a real word) of the show. Bringing in Rob Lowe and Emily VanCamp didn't hurt either.

Rob Thomas, who was brought on last minute as a Consulting Producer on Big Shots, has already brought with him Charisma Carpenter in a recurring role (which is what Rob Lowe originated as on Brothers & Sisters) and is also working with several of his producers back from Veronica Mars.

ABC will let the show survive until some of the revamped episodes are able to air. After that, it's all based on numbers.

• Winter in Oceanside...

That is good news! (I've never seen Brothers and Sisters)

• phbbbbbt

I taped it but haven't had a chance to watch yet. I did watch the opening scenes, and it piqued my interest!
    xo, Deanna