Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

The I Love Lucy Thread

Here's the thread where we can enjoy clips from the show and reminisce about our favorite episodes and scenes.

Here's two scenes from the famous episode "Job Switching" where Lucy and Ethel get jobs while Fred and Ricky stay at home and play housewife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>Here's a few gems from the episode "Lucy Does A TV Commercial," including the camous "Vitameatavegamin" routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>
    I Love Lucy has always been one of my favorite TV shows. I've never grown tired of watching it, ever. I have certain episodes positively embedded into my brain, and I love seeing and hearing the reactions and laughter of people who've never seen a particular episode before.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-03-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: fixed youtube link

• Minion

Re: The I Love Lucy Thread

^

"Me, too" to all of the above

I once dated a girl primarily because she also had all of the Lucy episodes commited to memory and we used to recite the shows together. When it was on TV, we would compete to see who could identify the episode first. She also knew the words to all the old Nick at Nite songs, like the one that put words to the Dick Van Dyke Show theme.

(Unfortunately, she turned out to be a controlling semi-psycho, but the Lucy/Nick at Nite moments were still fun )

• love my friends

Love this show

Friends for life

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I go back to having seen these first run back in the 50's. Then growing up it was my routine to watch the reruns. During the 60's on summer vacation I would exercise to Jack LaLanne and then watch I Love Lucy. I like the fact that young people today find this show to be among their favorites.

What is so neat about these shows is that they are still fresh all these years later. I like the fact that for the most part Desi Arnaz seldom filmed anything that was relevant or topical to what was going on at the time. That way they are still timeless today. I also salute him for coming up with the 3 camera technique still used today and for putting these shows on film. He was a forward thinking man who did not get the credit he deserved for what he did.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I Love Lucy is my all-time favorite TV show. Has been ever since I was a kid. My favorite episodes are "Lucy Does a Commercial" and "Home Movies". I only have seasons 1 & 3 on DVD (need to get the others someday but they're expensive). I love how this show is absolutely timeless. I can watch an episode once or 100 times and still find it just as funny. I'm glad TV Land is showing episodes again (they didn't for a long time). Last week they had a "Best of Lucy" marathon every night from 8-11pm.

Last fall my folks visited Lucy's hometown in New York and visited the museum there. My mom said I would have absolutely loved it as they had sets from the show, costumes and all sorts of goodies on display. I've visited the mini Lucy tribute museum at Universal Orlando several times. It's always a must-see for me when I'm there.

• Winter in Oceanside...

My name is PrincessY and I am an I-Love-Lucy-aholic. I'm watching it right now - Lucy is Enciente. That episode chokes me up every time when Ricky finally finds out.

I have every episode on VCR tape, bought through Columbia House. But now I want them all on DVD.

I'll choose this show over most any new show out there. Dick Van Dyke is a very close second fav.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I am also a fan of the I Love Lucy show. My husband 'borrowed' the logo for his first tattoo.

Blog Entries

My favorite episode is "Lucy is Enceinte" where she finds out she is pregnant and tells Ricky at the club. I love the looks on both of their faces!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    My name is PrincessY and I am an I-Love-Lucy-aholic. I'm watching it right now - Lucy is Enciente. That episode chokes me up every time when Ricky finally finds out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    My favorite episode is "Lucy is Enceinte" where she finds out she is pregnant and tells Ricky at the club. I love the looks on both of their faces!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

• Winter in Oceanside...

Favorite episodes, Season 1 (1951-52):

• The Diet (Chick chicky boom)
    • Men Are Messy (been there )
    • The Gossip ("Lucy Ricardo. You've been gospin too." "Oh, fine. My conscience has an accent.")
    • Pioneer Women (Mrs. Pettybone and Mrs. Pomerance. "Homemade bread with home churned butter.")
    • The Freezer ("Grab a knife and fork and bottle of ketchup and join me in the biggest barbecue around")
    • Lucy Does a TV Commercial (Vita-meata-veety-mat)
    • Lucy's Schedule (We first see Ricky's boss, who would become Mr. Mooney)

• Feeling LOVED

Thank you for making this thread!!! Im a huge Lucy fan myself...have all the seasons on DVD. So far most of my favorite episodes are on here. I remember when and where I was when she died. She is the only celebrity I have ever shed a tear for.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• Feeling LOVED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=qeidM9j6Jq4

This is another favorite....Everytime this episode is on...my best friend or I, whoever is watching will call the other to let her know. It cracks me up everytime.

Oh and anything with Cousin Ernie!!! It just never gets old
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

I also like this show. It's true that it's so timeless. Many of the shows now wouldn't be able to last that long. A couple of my favorite episodes are "Pioneer Women" and "Job Switching." I also like the episodes in Europe.
    "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay,
    Home sweet home is the lesson today."

You're wrong, Brer Rabbit, why would I want to be home when I can be at Disneyland?!?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Favorite episodes, Season 2 (1952-53)

• Job Switching
    • Redecorating (first of the New Furniture themes)
    • Lucy Goes to the Hospital
    • Lucy Changes Her Mind
    • The Ricardos Change Apartments
    • Never Do Business With Friends

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing I also love lucy

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast