Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,640

    saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    And I am both excited and creeped out...it sounds like the show is headed in a sorta horror movie like direction. And they say that something worse is coming? What in the world could possibly be worse than polar bears, smoke monsters, psychotic others, or John Locke???
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  2. #2

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    And I am both excited and creeped out...it sounds like the show is headed in a sorta horror movie like direction. And they say that something worse is coming? What in the world could possibly be worse than polar bears, smoke monsters, psychotic others, or John Locke???
    jacob

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Getting off the Island?

  4. #4

    • Neep meep beep
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seven miles from Disneyland/DCA!
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    This year according to spoilers they are going to spend some time on

    Spoiler
    Kate's prosecution and trial.


    Nothing scarier than legal proceedings!

  5. #5

    • my two sunshines
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,434

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Oh no.....will we start to see the cartoon face of Saw now???? It was already borderline horror movie fan fic I really didn't want it to go farther into that direction

  6. #6

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Nothing scarier than legal proceedings!
    I don't know about scary, but legal proceedings are very nerve racking, but my lawyer was wonderful. (divorce proceedings)

  7. #7

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,080

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    And I am both excited and creeped out...it sounds like the show is headed in a sorta horror movie like direction. And they say that something worse is coming? What in the world could possibly be worse than polar bears, smoke monsters, psychotic others, or John Locke???
    Where did you see this commercial? I ask because I have seen dozens of fake LOST commercials out there(mostly on youtube)...some of them even claiming to be "official".

    If you saw it on ABC TV then there you go but if it was on the internet I would have to wonder if it wasn't just a very well made fan-trailer. The exception being the Hanso video being shown on ABC.com.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  8. #8

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,640

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Where did you see this commercial? I ask because I have seen dozens of fake LOST commercials out there(mostly on youtube)...some of them even claiming to be "official".

    If you saw it on ABC TV then there you go but if it was on the internet I would have to wonder if it wasn't just a very well made fan-trailer. The exception being the Hanso video being shown on ABC.com.
    They were showing it at ABC Commisionary. I doubt that a restaraunt that was soley made to promote it's network would air fake commercials for their shows.

    The commercials that ABC have a tendency of showing to promote their new seasons of Lost have always consisted of old footage, NOT new ones. When you really think about it. The season isnt gonna start till February. You cant expect them to show us new footage anytime soon. But I was quite surprised at how early they were showing commercials for season 4 myself.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  9. #9

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,080

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    They were showing it at ABC Commisionary. I doubt that a restaraunt that was soley made to promote it's network would air fake commercials for their shows.

    The commercials that ABC have a tendency of showing to promote their new seasons of Lost have always consisted of old footage, NOT new ones. When you really think about it. The season isn't gonna start till February. You cant expect them to show us new footage anytime soon. But I was quite surprised at how early they were showing commercials for season 4 myself.
    They started filming in late August...so they must have some footage by now.

    Perhaps not fake commercials but even the producers of LOST were quite upset at some of the misleading commercials ABC did last year......and sans any new footage I have my doubts about this commercial revealing anything more than what some guy in Marketing thinks is going on

    I do love the short Orchid orientation film that ABC.com is now showing...at least that is new(and creepy)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    A state of happy whimsy.
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    What in the world could possibly be worse than polar bears, smoke monsters, psychotic others, or John Locke???
    Watching Season 3 of Lost.

  11. #11

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,080

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Watching Season 3 of Lost.
    Perhaps the last three seasons of LOST will just be the first three shown in reverse
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    A state of happy whimsy.
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Perhaps the last three seasons of LOST will just be the first three shown in reverse
    Well then, at least we'll know that it's going to get significantly better with each remaining season!

  13. #13

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    What in the world could possibly be worse than polar bears, smoke monsters, psychotic others, or John Locke???

    2 words:
    Hurley Naked.

    Full body shiver.
    Last edited by knittingknerd; 10-10-2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: I was using his real name, Hugo

  14. #14

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,080

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Well then, at least we'll know that it's going to get significantly better with each remaining season!
    One would hope so
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  15. #15

    • Oh... it's a bobby pin.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oakley, CA.
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: saw the first commercial for "Lost" season 4...

    Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    2 words:
    Hurley Naked.

    Full body shiver.
    HA!!

    To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Similar Threads

  1. Millionaire Season 7: It's the illegimate child of "Play It!", "Super", and "Classic"
    By Monorail Man in forum Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 06:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •