Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Change Disney Channel Back

I can't stand what they have done to the Disney Channel. I know they are going after the tween and pre-tween market with all these horrible new animated and live action kids shows. Here is a suggestion.

Take all the kids shows and move them over to Toon Disney. Make that silly channel for the kids.

Put the Disney Channel back into operation for the fans of Disney Theme Parks, the Disney, and yes Pixar, Movies and animated shorts from the past. You know, the ones that are fun to watch and have great animation to boot.

In other words make Toon Disney a kids channel and Disney Channel an adult oriented/fan oriented channel.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Change Disney Channel Back

Disney Channel isn't going to change. It's making so much freakin' money right now.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

LB, you're my best friend here, but I have to agree with Tui. They are a business only in it for the money and ratings. They can give a rats behind about anything else.

It probably won't be changing anytime soon, but they could at least give the adults something worthwhile in the late night. When I have been waking up in the middle of the night (often lately) and can't sleep I turn on the Disney Channel cause I keep thinking they might have brought back Vault Disney or even classic shorts. But nope it is the same crap they play in the daytime. Seriously who is up past 11 watching that? I understand if they focus is the pre school to tween market now but they can have the rest of the day for it, if they are watching TV at that time then Toon Disney is still there for them.

I'd would rather watch infomercials than Disney channel now.

• Banned User

As much as I hate disney channel, I do know that as long as Hannah Montana and The Cast of High School Musical are still alive, Disney Channel will be as crappy as Closing the Submarine Voyage (Yes, I meant that since The Subs came back, then Disney Channel can turn itself around and be an "Everyone channel", not just another Nickelodeon.)

I just think Sunday-Friday it should be kids programing from 6 am to 10 pm and then 10pm-6am vault Disney and on Saturdays 6am-11 pm kids 11pm-6am Vault Disney. Just like Nick and Cartoon network

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I'm a teen and I hate it.. I still perfer to watch the animated shorts and Walt Disney's World of Color, I remember when I was about 10 I used to see those shows come on. I kind of get my share when House of Mouse used to come on, but I dont even see that anymore.

• Banned User

How many threads are like this? About sixty...give or take ten?

Welcome to the club...

• Me and Tommy Kirk

They don't have to change the Disney Channel back - I would say either have the retro stuff back in the evenings (like after 9:00pm when the kids are SUPPOSED to be in bed!) or have a completely different channel, like a Vault Disney Channel for those of us who love the old stuff. There's no reason they can't do that. TVLAND used to be Nickelodeon, which branched off to "Nick" and "Nick, Jr". All three have proven successful. What I don't understand is why Disney, who should be the leader in the industry, hasn't thought of it first!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I wonder what the numbers are late night and early morning~
    There would certainly be at least a 2 or 3 hour block they could
    dedicate to new "Vault Disney" with old Wonderful World of Disney,
    old Disney movies, etc. I would even think it would increase
    viewers.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I say make Disney Channel a PREMIUM STATION like it was in 1983 when it premiered. It ROCKED from 1983 through 1987 or 1988. I loved that station....then it became 'basic cable' and got terribly watered down. I stopped tuning in then........

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I say make Disney Channel a PREMIUM STATION like it was in 1983 when it premiered. It ROCKED from 1983 through 1987 or 1988. I loved that station....then it became 'basic cable' and got terribly watered down. I stopped tuning in then........
    That's an excellent point, and you're right, it was great in those first years.

I wouldn't make it a pay channel though. Maybe extended cable...with theme park coverage in HD...

• Banned User

The "watering down" of Disney Channel as we know it was started in 2002 IIRC.

• Banned User

Making a Vault Disney Channel is really the best solution. Disney would be able to open up yet another profitable revenue stream for very little cost. If they're smart, they'll do it. If they're not, they won't. So what's it gonna be, Disney Television execs? Are you going to be smart and open up another revenue stream for the company, adding another feather in your corporate resume cap, or are you going to be stupid, and completely ignore the wishes of a huge market that eagerly wishes to revisit classic Disney again, and miss out on making Bob Iger and audiences pleasantly surprised? We'll see....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I think there's something everyone here is missing:

How many people would really want a vault channel? How many "grown ups" would turn to classic cartoons in favor of prime time t.v. or news? I watch the classic Disney during the preschoolers naptime, so I get a daily fix. But think about what you watch, what your friends watch, co-workers, etc. Would that type of channel work? I am just saying... Hannah Montana, I can tolerate it. Has a good message, etc. I like the movies they have on...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast