Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

• Minion

Re: Project Runway: It's Sew Time!

I was quite happy they picked Rami. I can't wait for the finale next week!

• Making my own Mousekteers

I like Rami but I felt that his looks were a blatent collesion of Jillian and Christian. I mean, that jacket? The sleves were totally Christian and the neckline was totally Jillian. The grey number was a typical Rami drape and so was the dress under the rip off jacket. The only thing that was remotely original was the black dress. Which I admit was cool. I think Chris might have made it in if it wasn't for the human hair. He should have used monkey fur or faux or something else. I thought his designs were much more original. I haven't seen the full lines yet

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Chris's garments were so much prettier on tv than the pictures, I really loved the way the hair looked. He is so creative and Rami is sooooo boring. I am glad Chris got to show his collection anyways because I think he deserved it more.

Very interested to see the judges reactions next week.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Well, I am definitely rooting for Jillian now.

I'll wait and see the collections but pre-emptively I'd say I'm voting for Christian. Particularly after seeing that he lives in a closet. Compared to the spaces that the rest of them were working in he was basicly creating on a hope and a prayer.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

I, too, thought Rami's final collection was a complete 180 from his work on the show. He took that last runway and "borrowed" a little from Christian and a lot from Jillian. Chris really is too costumey, but I did like him as a person and was glad that he got to come back.

MonkeyDishwasher- Thanks for that info! I wondered if they didn't do something like that, otherwise some blogger or tabloid would have spilled the beans on who was at Fashion Week by now!

Also, did they tape the reunion after Fashion Week? They said Victorya showed a collection. Does that mean they already knew who the winner was when they taped the reunion? I can't get the timeline right in my head.

I think it will obviously come down to Christian and Jillian. I do like Jillian, but unless Christian gets stuck with too much of one look, I'm thinking he has to win. He's definitely been the strongest designer this season. (I can't believe Jillian didn't go back to work at Ralph Lauren! YIKES!)
    <o>

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    MonkeyDishwasher- Thanks for that info! I wondered if they didn't do something like that, otherwise some blogger or tabloid would have spilled the beans on who was at Fashion Week by now!
    No problem! I always think the most interesting aspect of the Reality genre is how they have to manipulate their filmings so that no major secrets are given away, how they information from contestants, etc.

Also, did they tape the reunion after Fashion Week? They said Victorya showed a collection. Does that mean they already knew who the winner was when they taped the reunion? I can't get the timeline right in my head.
    I really don't know aboutthat particular. I might even think that they filmed it when Chris and Rami went back to show their stuff to see who would go to Fashion Week. That particular piece I don't have, unfortunately.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

SO...what do you all think?! Don't read on if you haven't seen it, yet!

I thought Jillian's collection lacked cohesion like Nina said. Not her best work, IMO. It didn't look very feminine to me and lacked the charm we've seen her bring. The color pallette was so dull and dreary.

Rami's collection was terrific. I don't think people gave enough credit, especially to that gold/cream dress made with all the antique lace. WOW! Maybe the colors looked hideous in person, but on TV, I thought they were great. He was really the only one who used color. His collection changed a bit from what he showed Tim in L.A. He edited out several pieces they showed last week.

Christian. His Fierceness. Loved it! It was great to get to see him be vulnerable, too. I think some of his hat choices didn't help the outfits, but he brought that high fashion drama I loved all season. It was A LOT of black & I totally got it when the judges said it got a little monotonous. Victoria Beckham could have walked away in any of those pieces, though! MAJOR! He definitely didn't do ready to wear, but we've seen he can do that this season, too. I'll admit, I cheered when he won!
    <o>

• Minion

Yay! Loved Christian's collection it was so fun to watch. And lucky for him Victoria Beckham was a judge. I thought Rami did a really good job, the last two dresses were amazing and I'd love to own that red blouse he made. Jillian, didn't like it and don't really understand all of the hype about her.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

I was surprised that Rami didn't win. He had the
    most complete collection.

In the end, I though Christians collection looked too
    costumey, similar to some pieces he had already done,
    and like the judges said, too much black.

Before they announced the winner, it looked like
    Christian was expecting them to announce Rami
    as the winner. It's really the 1st time I've seen
    any kind of disappointment from Christian.

I am happy for Christian, although I wouldn't have
    chosen him as the winner. Chrisian did deserve to
    be in the finale, and is obviously very talented.

• For You!

I think I liked Rami's clothes better too - but, Christian is such a characterand really made a show of everything he did.

Frankly, I couldn't wear any of the clothes shown - because I'm not a size zero - I'd love to see a few regular sized women come down the runway.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I think I liked Rami's clothes better too - but, Christian is such a character and really made a show of everything he did.
    Agreed. I laughed at so many of Christian's comments - especially when he told his models, "think thin - don't eat!"

I really didn't care for Jillian's line. I felt the Ralph Lauren influence. Particularly that hideous striped sweater. I thought Jillian's stuff was very unflattering. Her knits were so bulky. Rami's collection was diverse but I thought he borrowed a lot from his fellow designers and his colors were awful. That being said, I would totally wear the gold dress or the antique lace dress.

OK, so we all know that I love Christian... here is why. When I saw his line I could say definatively that every piece was Christian... 100%. Every piece he sent down the runway was perfectly created and extremely high fashion. Yes, his palette was drab but so was Jillian's. That feather dress that closed his show was so amazingly created I was dumbstruck. Almost every piece that came down the runway had a WOW factor. Other than the exquisite lace dress of Rami's I don't think I was truly awed by anyone else's stuff. OH and can I just say that Christian's hats were FIERCE!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910