• insufferable know-it-all

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse creeps me out

I know it's a Playhouse Disney show, but that's a pretty weak excuse for making a show that wipes out any trace of classic characters' personalities. Have you tried to watch this thing? The animation may be 3-D, but the rest of the show is about as 2-dimensional and flat as it gets.

I seriously wish the people responsible for that show would go back and watch the classic Mickey Mouse cartoons. Today's Mickey resembles Walt's Mickey in looks only (and barely that, with those freaky 3-D things they keep pushing on the public)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Re: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse creeps me out

Have you seen the commercials for the traveling stage show???? Mickey and Minnie look too thin, not enough of the round middle. Minnie attempts to do the dance she does in the animated show opening and they have the animated heads. Wrong on so many levels.

(Plus the Little Einsteins are human. Their animated selves are way too animated to make them humans!)

• Incognito

Blog Entries

All I know is, this show is what pulled my 4 year old great niece into loving absolutely everything Disney (and it looks like it's pulling her 18 month old brother in too). Who am I to complain. If it's appealing to the demographic, then it must be working.

Mickey and friends barely resemble what they looked and acted like back in the day, IMHO they are just evolving.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Yeah same here..my kid is quiet and watches it intently and he learns his numbers and letters. I like it and can't wait for it to be installed at the Playhouse Disney show in DCA!

• She was sweet as a peach

My family loves the show! My daughter absolutely adores Mickey and gang now!

• Hiding in the shadows

It is true these characters a not the original, but the content of the show is meant for preschoolers and for that I do think its perfect. When my 28 month old son sees Mickey Mouse and I ask him who that is he says "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" not just MM. This show has grown my childrens love of Disney and they learn stuff too!

Like Clara, I am eagerly awaiting their arrival in the DCA show!

A little piece of heaven

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

For me, it's the way they look that freak me out. I haven't watched an ep long enough to know the characters personalities - they way they're animated creeps me out way too much.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• She was sweet as a peach

When my 28 month old son sees Mickey Mouse and I ask him who that is he says "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" not just MM
    My daughter used to exclaim "Hotdog!" when ever she saw Mickey and gang. Their closing song was very influential!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    I know it's a Playhouse Disney show, but that's a pretty weak excuse for making a show that wipes out any trace of classic characters' personalities. Have you tried to watch this thing? The animation may be 3-D, but the rest of the show is about as 2-dimensional and flat as it gets.

I seriously wish the people responsible for that show would go back and watch the classic Mickey Mouse cartoons. Today's Mickey resembles Walt's Mickey in looks only (and barely that, with those freaky 3-D things they keep pushing on the public)
    you must have been watching it enough to get creeped out. step away from the tube

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    All I know is, this show is what pulled my 4 year old great niece into loving absolutely everything Disney (and it looks like it's pulling her 18 month old brother in too). Who am I to complain. If it's appealing to the demographic, then it must be working.
    Exactly. When my son was really little, there wasn't really any shows that made him love Mickey. Now my 1 year old son and my 2 year old niece LOVE Mickey already. I like it because it helps us Disney fanatic parents start the Disney brainwashing early.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post

Mickey and friends barely resemble what they looked and acted like back in the day, IMHO they are just evolving.
    Yep. I mean, look at how dumb Donald looked at first with that long beak.

I don't see anything wrong with the show. Most of us aren't in the target demographic anyway.

• Dreams do come true

My 22 month old loves it and I don't want to jump off the roof while watching it like higglytown heros, now that show stinks.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

There are a lot worse things that kids could be watching.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.