Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Little House On The Prairie

I love this show, always have. I own the first 4 seasons on dvd.
    Although I love most all the episodes...
    My favorite episodes are three-fold, and in no particular order.

•The Blizzard - Season # 3, Episode 11

•The Lord is My Shepherd - Episode Number: 14 Season: 1

•I Remember, I Remember - Season 4, Episode 16

Do you have any favorite LHOTP episodes?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Little House On The Prairie

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    I love this show, always have. I own the first 4 seasons on dvd.
    Although I love most all the episodes...
    My favorite episodes are three-fold, and in no particular order.

•The Blizzard - Season # 3, Episode 11

•The Lord is My Shepherd - Episode Number: 14 Season: 1

•I Remember, I Remember - Season 4, Episode 16

Do you have any favorite LHOTP episodes?
    I liked the episode that had a bloodthirsty wild pack of dogs running loose and killing livestock. In the meantime a farmer and his don (who was friends with Laura adopted an orphaned wolf pup. The pup grew into a young wolf, and of course was blamed for the killing by a group of other farmers.

As it turned out the wolf gave it's life trying to protect Laura and the other kids, and the farmers realized how wrong they were in jumping to conclusions due to their pejudice and fear. It truely was a heart warming episode.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Shablagoo!

My sister got the DVD of christmas episodes. The episode from season 8 is really nice.

• love my friends

Love this show.. LOVE it.. always watching it here in vegas.. I dont own any DVD's want a few os the seasons for christmas though

not really sure what is my favorite....

i love the one when laura gets married to almanzo, love it when mary marries adam.. (the older episodes)

Friends for life

• Clearing my Calendar

I Little House on the Prairie!

My favorite episodes are the pilot, The Lord is my Shepherd, the episode when Laura befriends and tries to make a pet out of a raccoon (when Charles walks in and she's holding him and she grins, "Hi Pa!" it just cracks me up!), the Christmas episode where they all buy each other something but sell or trade the item that someone else bought them the gift for, and the episode where Laura thinks she's found gold and dreams about the Olsen's being poor.

I like all the seasons. The episode I'd have to say I like the least is when Laura and Albert are getting ready to go to the Halloween party and he dreams they're kidnapped by Indians.

I have the first three seasons, the pilot, and the final episode ( "special" ) on DVD. We're almost through season three - we'll need to pick up season four soon.

Is it wrong that part of me hopes that, as a result of the WGA Strike, the networks will start airing these type of shows and, as a further result, when the writers finally do come back to work - they'll be forced to write quality stuff because the "people" remember how good TV used to be?

Edit: One of my most favorite jokes in the series is when Carrie picks out the turkey and starts treating it like a pet. Mary says, "Oh no! She thinks we're having him for *dinner*, not having *HIM* for dinner!"
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My mom likes watching reruns of this show. I never liked it.

• All You Need is Love!

I love this show. I'm 17 and everyone thinks it's funny that I like it, but it is so good!

BTW, I live in Vegas too Kelly!
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Nellie rocks. That is all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I love Nelly too, but I think I like Nancy a little more. She is just so evil!
    Love all the episodes, especially the one when Mrs Olsen opens up the chicken restaraunt(KFC).

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    I love this show. I'm 17 and everyone thinks it's funny that I like it, but it is so good!

BTW, I live in Vegas too Kelly!
    thats great ((maybe we are neighbors))

Friends for life

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by samsma View Post
    I love Nelly too, but I think I like Nancy a little more. She is just so evil!
    Love all the episodes, especially the one when Mrs Olsen opens up the chicken restaraunt(KFC).
    I lvoed that one Prisiclla.. when Coronel sanders came by at the end I lvoed that part

Friends for life

"Little House" is being set to music. Its being slated to hit Broadway as a full blown musical in the next couple of years. Here's an article about it from Playbill.com

Little House on the Prairie, a new musical based on Laura Ingalls Wilder's popular "Little House on the Prairie" book series, will make its world premiere at the Guthrie's McGuire Proscenium Stage in summer 2008.

Little Mermaid's Francesca Zambello, who helmed an April 2007 workshop of the musical, will direct. The creative team will also include Michelle Lynch (choreography), Kristen Blodgette (music director/supervisor), Adrianne Lobel (sets) and Martin Pakledinaz (costumes).

In a statement Guthrie artistic director Joe Dowling said, "The work of Laura Ingalls Wilder has a deep and powerful connection to the people of the Midwest. This musical fits perfectly within the Guthrie's goal to develop new work that speaks directly to this community. I'm particularly proud to welcome Francesca Zambello and a world-class artistic team to the Guthrie. Francesca's work has been seen on stages around the world and we're thrilled to have her here."

Director Zambello added, "There is no better place to develop this musical than the Guthrie in Minneapolis. I wanted to make a musical from these poignant stories the moment I rediscovered them as an adult. Reading of the exuberance of these characters as they encountered the immense power and force of the Prairie speaks to our history as a country and a people. It did in the 1880's and it does now. Our musical focuses on the independent spirit of the teenager, Laura Ingalls Wilder and her struggles to become an adult; along side the story of the land – as it becomes the American West. The Guthrie allows us to fuse together an integral part of American culture with unique theater writers of today in the heartlands where the Little House began its life."

The new musical features a book by Rachel Sheinkin, music by Rachel Portman and lyrics by Donna DiNovelli.

No Little House casting has been announced, although the April workshop in Manhattan featured Melissa Gilbert, who played Laura in the TV version of the "Prairie" books, as Ma with Patrick Swayze as Pa. The cast also included Sara Chase as Laura, Tony Yazbeck as Almanzo, Sara Ford as Nellie and Olivier Award winner Jenny Galloway as Mrs. Brewster.

Little House on the Prairie is being produced at the Guthrie by special arrangement with Global Prairie Productions, Inc.

The Guthrie is located at 818 South 2nd Street in downtown Minneapolis. For more information visit www.guthrietheater.org.
    Anything you do, let it come from you, then it will be new. Give us more to see. ~Stephen Sondheim

• Clearing my Calendar

That'd be funny to see Melissa Gilbert come "full circle" and play Ma.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I love Nellie. The actress says people still give her dirty looks for being mean to Laura Ingalls.

I hate Nellie-lite aka Nancy. She was horrible.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    I love Nellie. The actress says people still give her dirty looks for being mean to Laura Ingalls.

I hate Nellie-lite aka Nancy. She was horrible.
    I didnt really like nancy either

Friends for life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast