Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Making my own Mousekteers

Re: Without Writers, Leno Clobbers Scripted Letterman Ahh Naturel In Ratings

[quote=Ride Warrior;2496649]Too bad that coverage would be balistic if it had been the screen actors on strike. quote]

This may be a when not an if. Unless negotiations take a different turn soon, SAG will strike. I doubt that coverage would be a whole lot different though . No one covered when most of TV's stars were out on the picket line with the writers (it was bring a star to the picket line day). The entire cast of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Scrubs, House and The Office have all gone out at different times to picket with their writers and I had to go to youtube to see footage of it.

Well, maybe these informal talks will yield positive results ::fingers crossed::

• Iron-Clad Allie

[quote=Queentitania19;2496690]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Too bad that coverage would be balistic if it had been the screen actors on strike. quote]

This may be a when not an if. Unless negotiations take a different turn soon, SAG will strike. I doubt that coverage would be a whole lot different though . No one covered when most of TV's stars were out on the picket line with the writers (it was bring a star to the picket line day). The entire cast of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Scrubs, House and The Office have all gone out at different times to picket with their writers and I had to go to youtube to see footage of it.

Well, maybe these informal talks will yield positive results ::fingers crossed::
    ::fingers crossed:: here too. Got to admire these hot shot actors for supporting their writers.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Well, I only partially admire them. Lord knows, I am an actor and they are just looking out for themselves. SAG's contract comes up next and they are using the WGA as a battering ram on the studios for when it's their turn to negotiate. I mean, they will strike, don't get me wrong but if the WGA has already beaten up on the studios enough they'll be sweet as pie to the actors. That way SAG won't have to strike themselves. It's very clever of them.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    Well, I only partially admire them. Lord knows, I am an actor and they are just looking out for themselves. SAG's contract comes up next and they are using the WGA as a battering ram on the studios for when it's their turn to negotiate. I mean, they will strike, don't get me wrong but if the WGA has already beaten up on the studios enough they'll be sweet as pie to the actors. That way SAG won't have to strike themselves. It's very clever of them.
    Building good will while riding self-serving piggy back must be great fun and folly. Are you sure that SAG doesn't stand for Scheme Actors Guild?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-21-2008 at 12:20 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567