Be an Imagineer Reality Show?

I had a thought the other day and wondered what others might think of it. The thought was of an Apprentice-type reality show with a group of people competing for a job as a Disney Imagineer. It seems like this would be a great fit for ABC and would be great advertising for the parks themselves. The winning contestant would be given a one year (renewable) contract as an Imagineer and be given the opportunity to pitch an original idea for an attraction, show or themed area. The judges could be Roy Disney, Joe Rohde
    and perhaps Steve Jobs or someone else on an executive level.

What do you all think?
    Is it commercial enough? Would it be a hit? Would you watch?

I know I'd be applying to be a contestant!!
    Anything you do, let it come from you, then it will be new. Give us more to see. ~Stephen Sondheim

• Shablagoo!

Re: Be an Imagineer Reality Show?

Well I would be more likely to watch this than most reality TV. Still, in the end, I probably wouldn't. I am not a fan of the reality game show like The Apprentice or American Idol.

Re: Be an Imagineer Reality Show?

Wow, I would totally try out for that show. And if I didn't make it, I would totally just watch it - record it & rewatch it. I can even see this being on ABCFamily or some other Disney channel.

It would be rad if it can attain a certain "Project Runway" level of critique and talent.

Wow, image the type of challenges the contestants would face: remodel this old version of a WDW attraction; create a new holiday themed layover for this Disneyland Paris land; try to make the old America Sings bird dance in a 21st century style of dance.

I've always heard that it's pretty difficult to get into WDI thru the main Disney Company hiring channels, such as: https://disney.recruitmax.com//main/careerportal/. You either hafta keep sending yr resume or know someone in the inside already.

Ah, this idea seems so much better than any back door entrance to WED; more likely that one would actually get a gig instead of being given the run around - like Terri Hardin seemed to have gotten back in the day.