• Me and Tommy Kirk

My Three Sons coming to DVD!

Got this in my e-mail today. My Three Sons coming to DVD in June. Whoo hoo! I loved this show as a kid. (of course it was all re-runs)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Son...-Volume-1/9030

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: My Three Sons coming to DVD!

You and I may be the only 2 who are excited about this. I love this show!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

PrincessY, I'm glad somebody else cares.

The first season had Tim Considine playing the oldest brother, Mike, and William Frawley as Uncle Bub. As I recall, Ernie didn't show up until season 2.

Can't wait to get this one!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Make it three...although I don't know if I'll rush out to buy the DVD's.

If TV Land wasn't so busy with shows from the 80's and 90's...well, what can I say.

All of the first-run episodes I remember, Saturday nights on CBS, came after William Frawley's death when "Uncle Charlie" replaced "Bub" as the gruff, kind-hearted chief cook and bottle washer...the eldest son, Mike, had also left, making room for Ernie. (Did he come in as early as season 2? I thought it was later.)

You have to admit that toward the end, the show got a bit unwieldy when Robbie got married and they had triplets, and Steve got married and adopted a daughter, etc...I think the show eventually went off the air because no one had room in that house any more...

Anyway, Fred McMurray was there from beginning to end...and was consistently good.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I agree Radiobarry. Once Dodie came along and Chip got married I think the Douglas family officially "jumped the shark".

When I was a kid in the early '70s most of the re-runs were the second season on. I'm really looking forward to seeing the first season just because they'll all be new to me. It'll be fun to see William Frawley doing a different character besides Fred Mertz, although I'm guessing that Fred and Bub were very similar?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    I agree Radiobarry. Once Dodie came along and Chip got married I think the Douglas family officially "jumped the shark".

When I was a kid in the early '70s most of the re-runs were the second season on. I'm really looking forward to seeing the first season just because they'll all be new to me. It'll be fun to see William Frawley doing a different character besides Fred Mertz, although I'm guessing that Fred and Bub were very similar?
    As I recall, the characters were fairly similar.

And I forgot about Chip getting married too!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• My cuties!

I loved this show too!! I love the episode when the triplets are born and they keep mixing them up and having to take them back to the hospital to figure out who is who.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I didn't mind Robbie's triplets, or Chip's wife (Polly?), but I could not stand Dodie!

You are SO right about TV Land, Barry! I went to turn on Lucy at the regular 5:00 hour on Monday, and they were playing a movie (Sixteen Candles), which they've played about 25 times in the last week! Idiots!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I, like Barry, also go back to seeing these first run. But I only watched the beginning seasons and then lost interest.

Also, in case anyone is interested, Father Knows Best Season 1 is also being released on DVD on April 1.

• Circle of Ancients

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! AWESOME! Thanks for the heads-up! Now I have to figure out a way to get I Love Lucy (The entire series), the rest of Dark Shadows, and My Three Sons without going broke...

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! AWESOME! Thanks for the heads-up! Now I have to figure out a way to get I Love Lucy (The entire series), the rest of Dark Shadows, and My Three Sons without going broke...
    Ha! I know what you mean. I've had my eye on the I Love Lucy set at Costco, but WOW is it expensive.

• Winter in Oceanside...

How much was Lucy at Costco? I saw the set at Target. I don't remember the price, but I do remember it was out of my budget! Oh, well. I still have them all on video.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    Ha! I know what you mean. I've had my eye on the I Love Lucy set at Costco, but WOW is it expensive.
    I am trying to find it as cheap as I can get it. So, far I haven't had any luck.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    How much was Lucy at Costco? I saw the set at Target. I don't remember the price, but I do remember it was out of my budget! Oh, well. I still have them all on video.
    It's $139.99 to be exact. (Online it says the list price is $241.98) I don't know, I guess it would be a good Christmas present to ask for. Amazon has it starting at $135 from marketplace vendors.

Here are some of the specifics of the set:

Fall in love again and again with the timeless comedy that entertains generation after generation. This special 34-disc DVD collection contains every hilarious episode of every classic season of I Love Lucy – from the Lost Pilot to the The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour shows. Join Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel for non-stop laughter as you savor every magical moment of the greatest sitcom of all time.

Additional Features:

• I Love Lucy: The Movie (1953)
    • The First Fully-Colorized I Love Lucy episode
    • I Love Lucy at the 6th Annual Emmy Awards (1954)
    • Highlights of Lucy and Desi’s First Joint TV Appearance (1949)
    • The LostPilot and all 35 First Season Episodes – Digitally Restored