Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBC's 2008-09 Schedules

From the mixed up world of Ben Silverman:

Michael Ausiello over at TV Guide is reporting the upcoming schedules for NBC. Prepare to be bewildered.

The schedule continues through to Summer of 2009. Among the strangest/most notable developments:

• Friday Night Lights renewed (YAY!)

• 30 episodes of the Office ordered for next season (Way too many if the early hour longs this season are any indication)

• Office spinoff to premiere after the SuperBowl (What!?! Will it be called The Office: Miami?)

• Saturday Night Live to air several episodes on Thursday (So ridiculous it's funny!)

It's like bizarro NBC. I'd be convinced that this was an April Fool's Day joke if it wasn't already April 2nd...
    Last edited by Mr Ness; 04-02-2008 at 12:27 PM.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: NBC's Fall Schedules

I love The Office and just hope that these episodes are good. An Office spin off? I guess I don't get it.

I was thinking what I watch on NBC and frankly, the only program I can think of is The Office.

I love the Office as well. But I'm worried that Silverman is running it into the ground. And what are the chances that an Office spinoff will work when the original shouldn't have worked either?

I'm happy that 30 Rock is back, as well as Friday Night Lights and the previously renewed Chuck. I'm also surprised to not see 1 vs 100 anywhere on the schedule since that show has become a fairly reliable pinch hitter for the network in recent years.

None of the new series are really jumping out at me as being must see. Which is weird since I'm willing to try most TV shows at least once (and I usually do).

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Just remembered I also watched Chuck and look forward to its return.

• For You!

Thursday Night Live?? For 3 weeks up until the Presidential election - oh dear, while an occasional presidential candidate joke is fine, I don't know if I want to watch that much - which you can guarantee, all the skits will be about the candidates.

And why is ER splitting time with another waste of space - Celebrity Apprentice??

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• My cuties!

I can't believe that NBC is going to try to do Kath & Kim!! The original show is HILARIOUS but I just don't see a US version working.

Link to info about the show: http://www.kathandkim.com/

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    I can't believe that NBC is going to try to do Kath & Kim!! The original show is HILARIOUS but I just don't see a US version working.

Link to info about the show: http://www.kathandkim.com/
    The show's from Reville, the production company responisble for importing the Office and Ugly Betty (and Coupling and several other disasters for that matter). Reville, of course, is Ben Silverman's old production company, and since becoming NBC network president, he seems to be favoring their shows when programming the schedule.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Bye bye, Scrubs. It was good while it lasted. Let's hope ABC treats the last season well.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

I really hope ABC picks up Scrubs for a real last season. The Writers Strike didn't really let the show have much of a season, and I just started watching the Comedy Central reruns of it. But I hope ABC only runs it for one more season, as that's all it really needs.

The Friday Night Lights idea is interesting, but at least it's safe for another season.

Too bad about Las Vegas, I really liked it, but hopefully Knight Rider will live up to my expectations, as it's written by the same person.

Also, why did they order that many episodes of The Office? Jeez, is 30 really needed? The spinoff is overkill IMO.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

NBC hasn't aired anything I want to watch since Friends ended. The first season of My Name is Earl was amusing but I lost interest after that.

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ness View Post
    The show's from Reville, the production company responisble for importing the Office and Ugly Betty (and Coupling and several other disasters for that matter). Reville, of course, is Ben Silverman's old production company, and since becoming NBC network president, he seems to be favoring their shows when programming the schedule.
    Here's why Kath and Kim won't work -- in the original, the mom and daughter are played by comedienne's who are roughly the same age. That is one reason why it is so funny. The US version has Molly Shannon (who I can't stand) as the mom and Selma Blair is the daughter. Where is the humor in this??

• Clearing my Calendar

It frustrates me that NBC can't keep a consistent schedule with their renewed shows. Deal or No Deal shifts from the 8:00 time slot to 9:00 a lot, and Medium hasn't been on the same night two years in a row in its five year run. It's always being switched from Monday to Sunday and back again.

Argh!

Maybe if they would keep a consistent schedule, they wouldn't feel the need to cancel shows like Las Vegas at the drop of a hat. Let's just say I'm glad I didn't try to catch up with Journeyman. I don't like this trend of airing dramas that need a lot of devotion and regular viewing just to see them dropped.

If Medium and Celebrity Apprentice weren't returning, there'd be nothing for me to watch on NBC.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    Here's why Kath and Kim won't work -- in the original, the mom and daughter are played by comedienne's who are roughly the same age. That is one reason why it is so funny. The US version has Molly Shannon (who I can't stand) as the mom and Selma Blair is the daughter. Where is the humor in this??
    I was wondering why they had Molly and Selma because they're pretty close in age.

As long as Chuck and Heroes comes back and Heroes isn't dumb (last season was bad.).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I loved Las Vegas but I stopped watching partially because of cast changed but mostly because of its shift to Friday night. I always forget to watch TV on Fridays!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I loved Las Vegas but I stopped watching partially because of cast changed but mostly because of its shift to Friday night. I always forget to watch TV on Fridays!
    It's all your fault!

But yah, I was the same way. I enjoyed it at the start but I actually stopped watching tv more and more as I got older.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast