• My prices are INSANE!

Question Doctor Who Season 4

Saturday was the big day for the start of the new season of Doctor Who.

The episode is called "Partners in Crime" and marks the return of Donna played by Catherine Tate. Her character was originally introduces in the 2007 Christmas Special "The Runaway Bride".

I live in the States but was still able to watch it on the boob tube. (hint)(hint)

Looks like the new season is off to a great start, I won't say anything more for those of you who don't want to know to much.

The ending has a what, What, WHAT!!! moment.......... but that's all I'm saying.

The Doctor is BACK!!!
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Re: Doctor Who Season 4

Ugh I hate the "Pig Lady" as I call her (she says "Oie!" a lot). I wished they had stuck with Martha... she was the only smart sidekick that the doctor ever had.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Oh my Goodness!

Just so you all know - there is a Doctor Who Club in the gold section of MiceChat! Myself and TraceCub run it and we love new people to come in and join in the discussions. We are REALLY careful to keep spoilers well labeled so people who are waiting for SciFi to air the series won't be spoiled by those who are lucky enough to have BBC or those impatient enough to watch it online (or those of us who HAVE to... ) The club is called TARDIS and we'd love to have any of you along for the ride!! Enjoy Season 4!!! (I'm currently uplaoding it now....so TONIGHT )

• My prices are INSANE!

O.K. I joined up with the other micechat kids in the TARDIS.

I feel like a companion, hopefully not Mel.

Stop by my website

• Oh my Goodness!

Yay! Glad to have a new 'companion' on board!

Which one was Mel? I'm not up to date w/ the classics too much yet

• My prices are INSANE!

Mel or Melanie "Mel" Bush is one of the most disliked Doctor Who companions of all time.

Mel, a computer programmer from Pease Pottage, England, was companion to the sixth and seventh Doctors during the mid-eighties. She's usually associated with two acts: screaming and putting the Doctor on a fitness programme.

Stop by my website

• Oh my Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry View Post
    Mel or Melanie "Mel" Bush is one of the most disliked Doctor Who companions of all time.

Mel, a computer programmer from Pease Pottage, England, was companion to the sixth and seventh Doctors during the mid-eighties. She's usually associated with two acts: screaming and putting the Doctor on a fitness programme.
    Hmm. Sounds like a blast. Yeah....don't be like Mel....

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry View Post
    That's the best way to put it!
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

But Adric has to win as the most hated.

He was a maths nerd who was a complete prat. The only companion to actually die. I cheered.

No Doctor Who download for us yet in Australia -but we just saw the last episode of Season 2 of Torchwood. The whole season was awesome -so much better than the first it was a different show. Yay for downloads. Now I only have to wait a year to buy the DVDs with extras.
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

• My prices are INSANE!

Adric, the Wesley Crusher of Doctor Who.

"Likes: Maths, eating and sulking.

Dislikes: being out smarted by Tegan and Nyssa....

Uses for Adric:
    As an interesting wall decoration in 'Castrovalva'.

General Description: Total wimp.
    From his pudding bowl hair cut (the kind of cut that parents force on their kids) to his love of maths, at school he must have been the class nerd...."

I fast forward his scenes.

Stop by my website

• Time Lord

The Doctor wants to bring this thread back up top. Got a problem with that. By the way (I don't like to abbreviate), this season is FANTASTIC!!!
    "Into the Void. HA!" - The Doctor

• Senior Minion

Season Four is good but is suffering slightly by the presence of Donna. Saying that, she is the first companion that I recall ever daring to question the Doctor and his methods which has already made for some very interesting and emotional scenes.

Do you guys in America get The Sarah Jane Adventures?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Season Four is good but is suffering slightly by the presence of Donna. Saying that, she is the first companion that I recall ever daring to question the Doctor and his methods which has already made for some very interesting and emotional scenes.

I know that a lot of people are down on Donna, but I think that she is good as a change of pace and I agree I like the way she questions the Doctor's actions. That being said, I hope we only see her for this season and then from time to time after that.

Yes, we are also getting The Sarah Jane Adventures. I have them recored but have not had time to watch them yet.

• Senior Minion

Catherine Tate who plays Donna is well known in Britain as a comedian with a lot of comedy characters (akin to Tracy Ullman). The British audience's familiarity with her has (I think) made Dr Who both appealling to a wider audience but also slightly 'mainstream' (although Dr Who is a massive ratings winner on prime time Saturday night).
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Oh my Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post

I have to disagree with you here Nathan - I think part of WHY this season has been so fun is BECAUSE of Donna - her questioning - her compassion - the fact that she let's the Doctor know what she thinks about things as they are happening. It's great. And the fact that she isn't moony over him. I think I could have really liked Martha - but after a while she just REALLY got on my nerves when she wouldn't let go. Granted her 'love' for him was an important part in getting her through that year at the end of Season 3 - but still. Never felt the Martha Love. LOVE Donna. My own (and TraceCub's - because we share a brain and I know she would agree w/ all I said above) humble opinion of course!