• Mischievous Mouse

What's your all-time favorite M*A*S*H episode?

It's hard tto pick a favorite, 90% of the first 3 seasons and 70% of the remaining seasons are simply great entertainment.

But picking just one...

has to be...

TUTTLE! Season one, episode 15.

It's so funny!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: What's your all-time favorite M*A*S*H episode?

I used to love this show, but I haven't watched it is so long that I really can't recall any specific episode (except the one where Henry dies and the final episode).

I did like the Maj. Winchester era.

• Seasick

That's a tough question. Offhand, I'd probably say one of the episodes where they have a prank war.

I have the box set, but I'm only on season 3 or so I think.

• Nuts about Disneyland

I think it was called "The Game", the episode with the on-going poker game. Through the course of the show everyone ended up at the poker table. Flag, Sidney and Sam were all in it. Great show, I have it on tape somewhere.

• Banned User

The last episode is my favorite one of all time. "Goodbye, Farewell & Amen". It was SO good and so touching. I bawled and laughed the whole way through it.

• =)

Awww, I remember M*A*S*H. Boy, it's been a long time since I watched it very consistently, and I was quite young...so I'm afraid I can't point to an exact episode. I do know what you mean about the series finale, though, I Heart Disneyland.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    The last episode is my favorite one of all time. "Goodbye, Farewell & Amen". It was SO good and so touching. I bawled and laughed the whole way through it.
    I remember watching that.......and at the end, I remember having a lump in my throat. Funny thing is, it's a TV show that lasted 11 years about a war that actually lasted about 2 or 3. I was always puzzled by that - loved the show, no less, though.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zippythesquirrel View Post
    I think it was called "The Game", the episode with the on-going poker game. Through the course of the show everyone ended up at the poker table. Flag, Sidney and Sam were all in it. Great show, I have it on tape somewhere.
    The name of it was "Deal Me Out" and it's one of the laugh-out-loud funniest episodes in the series. My favorite, too.

http://www.tv.com/mash/deal-me-out/e...236/recap.html

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by zippythesquirrel View Post

I love the poker shows.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

One of my all time faves is when they're doing surgery
    and there's a clock in the corner of the screen. I have no idea what the name of that episode is, but i'm enthralled buy it every time i see it
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

I think my favorite episode is one of the Christmas ones. The one where the soldier comes in and Hawkeye, B.J. and Margaret try to keep him alive until just after midnight so his family won't remember that he died on Christmas Day.
    M*A*S*H was my favorite show as a teenager. Now my son as discovered it and so we watch them again. Seeing it through his eyes is like seeing it for the first time again.

• The line's too long...

M*A*S*H is one of those things that deeply reminds me of my childhood. The Colonel Flagg episodes always cracked me up. Just remember what Reader's Digest is if you take out the a, e and r... Red's Digest!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I didn't catch on to MASH at first, because when I was still living at home my Dad, a Korean War vet, didn't like it and we only had (gulp) one TV set.

I started with the Winchester era and caught the earlier episodes in syndication and still enjoy the reruns to this day, principally on TV Land and the Hallmark Channel.

Favorites off the top of my head...

"Old Soldiers" - when Potter loses the last of his World War One buddies and he gets the liquor bottle as the last remaining survivor. My favorite.

"The Time Capsule" - which was, as I understand it, the last episode filmed since the finale was already in the can.

I loved all the Flagg episodes, of course, and thought Alan Arbus did a great job in the recurring role of Dr. Sidney Freeman.

And how about the ones featuring Alan Alda's dad Robert - first, where he's drunk and can't face the OR when the time comes for an arterial transplant - and later, here he and Hawkeye both break their hands, and save a guy at batallion aid working together.

But to be sure, nothing matches the emotional roller coaster of "Abyssinia Henry" - and the moment when someone drops a piece of equipment to break the silence after Radar's final announcement.

What a great show.

-- Barry

PS...Add to the great ensemble cast some efforts of people that were with the show almost from the start, such as Nurse Kellye (Nakahara) and "Igor" (Jeff, I cen't remember his last name).
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I'm currently on Season 8 of MASH. I've been really enjoying the show. I can't really pick out a favorite, as there are so many. My parents used to watch it when it was on every week, but I was a little young to 'get it'. I'm glad we can enjoy the episodes on DVD now.