• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Samantha Brown's Disney Favorites

Sorry if this is repeating any other thread, but I've been away from these boards for a while.

Did anyone else see this (I believe new) show on the Travel Channel, where Samantha rated her favorite experiences in both Anaheim and Florida?

I especially enjoyed her return trip to the Grand Californian and Napa Rose, since I finally had the chance to eat there a few weeks back, and meet the master sommelier (sp?) Michael Jordan, and meet (in a group setting) with Chef Andrew Sutton.

Mr. Jordan seems like a fine man and he's now the head of wines for the company and all its parks, or some such title. But I'm sorry, when I hear that name, I think of a certain premier former basketball player who sells underwear on television.

During a class Jordan was holding on rating wines, Sutton finally piped in - can you believe this man's fascination with...grape juice? "That's all it is," Sutton said..."glorified grape juice" with a laugh.

I like Samantha Brown.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Samantha Brown's Disney Favorites

We saw parts of this last week, not the whole thing. It wasn't too bad.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband pointed this program out out to me last week when it was on. I like Samantha Brown also. I especially liked the parts of Disneyland that she showed. Usually Disneyland takes a back seat on the Travel Channel. Samantha's favorite's are not necessarily mine, but I do enjoy her enthusiasm.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I especially liked the parts of Disneyland that she showed. Usually Disneyland takes a back seat on the Travel Channel. Samantha's favorite's are not necessarily mine, but I do enjoy her enthusiasm.
    Couldn't agree more about Disneyland getting second class treatment on most network shows. I thought maybe it was just my Anaheim bias.

My favorite part of the whole makeover of the "resort" in the last 15 years or so is the Grand Californian. I'm hardly an experienced traveler, but this has to be one of the more beautiful hotels around. I share her enthusiasm about that.

But I will add that I get just as much enjoyment out of strolling and sitting in the lobby as I did when we got a regular room (on the other side of DCA with a view of...the parking lot) - a room I found to be small for the money. The Bambi shower curtains are kinda neat.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

HUGE Samantha Brown fan here........
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com