Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Any Next Design Star and Food Network Star viewers out there?

Have you been watching The Next Food Network Star or The Next Design Star? I love that they play in in the middle of summer when nothing else new is on.

I love Aaron from the food show and Matt from the design show. What are your thoughts?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Any Next Design Star and Food Network Star viewers out there?

I've really enjoyed Food Network Star and am hoping they get someone as personable as Guy is to make the show seem like a winner. They are 1 for 3 in "brand marketability" of their Food Network Star winners!!

I feel like Kelsey has already won the job and this is just "her story" most of the time. I really have a problem with Lisa but she is growing on me - she seemed so real when she was covered in sauce and less polished on the Coast Guard episode. I'd enjoy watching her if she could be more like that - and less eye makeup too! Kelsey is just adorable, but I don't find myself wanting to watch her on a regular basis. Perhaps I'd watch Adam but Aaron hasn't done much to catch my attention as a fan either...that said, I do love this show!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^OMG How funny, we are watching The Next Food Network Star now.

I'm sorry I can't take Lisa, it doesn't help that everytime I look at her she reminds me of an Oompa Lumpa. *shudders*

Kelsey is adorable but I don't know if that would be a long standing quality I'd like. It's that whole too perfect that it's disgusting principle.

Adam and Aaron...eh, I really have no opinion on either of them.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I actually went to high school with Adam. We were in a few shows together...nice guy, but he was an amazing actor, reason why he is so personable. With that said, I have a reason I want him to win. I just hope his food skills begin to become more obvious, because he's gotten me worried a few times he was going to leave.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I love that show. I hate to say but none of the women seem like they have it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Next Design Star is good, I like what they did with the individual spaces, although I'm discovering that what I think looks great, they think looks horrid and vice versa. LOL

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I think Blondie's gonna win.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I think Blondie's gonna win.
    That would surprise me. I always knew something was off about her and when the judges told her she seemed fake I said "AHA!" that was it.

Although I mentioned my favorites for both shows, nobody seems to have it in the bag. Nobody seems to be outstanding. I think the marketing and PR people will have a tough road ahead of them no matter who wins.

The last Food Network star only lasted for one seaon. They need another personality like Guy.

Kim Myles and David Bromstead on HGTV have very good shows. But out of the remaining five? I don't see the huge talent there.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

So, was anyone else blown away when Kelsey was booted on Next Food Network Star? I sure was! And wahoo with the final 3 continuing as the final 3! I'm so rooting for Adam, only because he's the only one of the final three I'd watch.

The last episode was a great one! I think that the commercial challenge was a bit unbalanced. Aaron had Bobby Flay totally holding his hand for the whole thing and giving him tips while Adam and Lisa had Guy basically telling them things like "you got up too fast" or "look at the camera when you say that line" - no real help there. It was no surprise to me that his commercial came out the best.

The Vegas Buffet challenge was wonderful! What a fun way to really showcase their cooking too. I'm glad that Adam finally impressed with his cooking skills and it was with a style of cooking that he wants to showcase in his show idea too. I'm hoping it isn't too little too late though.

What is with Lisa and her eye makeup? She looks so much more approachable and comfortable when she is in the "confessionals" and not all made up - or like she did on the Coast Guard boat after the big sauce spill.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I don't like any of the finalists for Next Food Network Star, Adam is entertaining, but I'm not impressed with anything he's cooked, and cooking doesn't seem like his passion but a secondary interest. I also think the commercial wasn't fair and they spoon fed Aaron his lines, he looks like a good cook, but I don't think he's entertaining to watch. Lisa seems like an expensive cook, that will have recipes that will take hours to make and lots of dollars at the grocery store.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I'm rooting for Adam, since I went to high school with him. However, I agree his cooking his somewhat hit or miss. But, with this last challenge, he proved he does have the skills to cook. Also, out of the three, I think he has the best personality for a show. I'm not really sure the other 2 can hold a show. Also, I think it's interesting that the previous winner, Guy, does not actually have a cooking show, but is best know for visiting other people's diners. Maybe this is something Adam or the winner can do also?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I'm sure Adam is a great guy, but I'm not sure he is a great cook. I like Aaron, but I think there are plenty of shows like he would do already on the air. Lisa brings a new perspective to the network, an idea of beautifully simple foods. I am rooting for her.

What about Design Star? I was shocked to see Trish go. I like Jen, but who can do all that artistic stuff she does? I am rooting for Matt. I think he is easy going and has some great ideas.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Also, I think it's interesting that the previous winner, Guy, does not actually have a cooking show, but is best know for visiting other people's diners. Maybe this is something Adam or the winner can do also?
    Actually, he does have an excellent food show called Guy's Big Bite. It's lasted longer than either of the other winner's shows. The thing with Guy though, is that he's the kind of personality that could have eventually found his way to the network even without the reality show win. He just has the intangible watchability factor that many others don't.

I think, given the group they had, they narrowed it down to the correct final 3, but I'm still not sold on any of them as possible Food Network personalities. Lisa has a polished look and good cooking skills, but she freezes in front of the camera. Aaron is a likeable guy, but his food is good not great and he lacks in the presentation department. Adam has really stepped it up at the end, but I think it might be too little too late. It'll be interesting to see how the voting goes and if that person is still around the network at this time next year.

I like both of the Design Star finalists and will be happy with either as a winner. I've liked Matt throughout the competition, but I keep going back to the thought of Jen winning the show and pulling in her husband to do it with her (since he also auditioned for the competition).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Anyone go, "Whhhhhattt?" when Lisa started singing at the Vegas buffet?

I'm glad she is starting to show more of herself but I wonder if it's enough?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast