Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone booked to stay at the Villas at the GCH?

I am so hoping I am able to stay down there in September to go to the D23 Expo. I was just curious to know how many of you booked to stay there, and if there is any problems in booking a stay.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

Re: Has anyone booked to stay at the Villas at the GCH?

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymark34 View Post
    I am so hoping I am able to stay down there in September to go to the D23 Expo. I was just curious to know how many of you booked to stay there, and if there is any problems in booking a stay.
    I have a reservation for NYE and then a few other reservations booked for different dates in 2010. But the scheduled opening date is Sept 23. Isn't the expo at the beginning of the Sept? Unless they change the opening date of the Villas again, they will not open in time for your visit.

To answer your other question I had no problem booking my reservations but I own DVC and VGC is my home resort, so we got to book there 2 weeks before DVC memebers with other home resorts could make reservations. Even then I was reading places that two weeks later when people called they were getting the reservations they wanted and were not on hold very long.

I forgot when the Villa's were scheduled to open. I wonder if they will let me use my points to stay at one of the other hotels.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

The date is getting close, so you should call to check availability. Currently you can use your points at all three of the hotels. Starting in 2010 you will no longer be able to use points for the Grand Ca hotel, only the villas, but you will still be able to book hotel rooms at the other two hotels.

• WDW CM & HM fan

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymark34 View Post
    I forgot when the Villa's were scheduled to open. I wonder if they will let me use my points to stay at one of the other hotels.
    I have only used points to stay at GCH, and while it's not the greatest usage of points, it was worth it! I wouldn't have stayed there otherwise. I have stayed at all three hotels, and if you have the points to use, the accomadations are great at all three (in my opinion...)
    AKA doombuggy
    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani

I thought the Expo is next week, and VGC won't open till the end of the month?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

We are debating staying there for MiceChat's 5th anniversary, but without dates, it most likely won't happen since we need to bank soon.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

We booked a studio for October 17th. And 2 reservations for 2-bedroom villas for December 11-12..had no problems booking; which left us with 3 vacation points left..do you guys know if there is any way we could apply those 3 points to something else before they're void by November 30th?? Much appreciated!

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

Quote Originally Posted by PaperCutter92 View Post
    We booked a studio for October 17th. And 2 reservations for 2-bedroom villas for December 11-12..had no problems booking; which left us with 3 vacation points left..do you guys know if there is any way we could apply those 3 points to something else before they're void by November 30th?? Much appreciated!
    You can't bank 'em?
    DVC Member: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

Nope..something about their having to be used before November 30th of this year. I just haven't faced a situation like this before where I have 3 vacation points left. Is there any "trade secret" for situations like this?

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

Quote Originally Posted by PaperCutter92 View Post
    Nope..something about their having to be used before November 30th of this year. I just haven't faced a situation like this before where I have 3 vacation points left. Is there any "trade secret" for situations like this?
    You could transfer them to another member, but since the quantity is so small and since they expire so soon, that's probably not likely.
    DVC Member: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

Smile Re: Has anyone booked to stay at the Villas at the GCH?

Awesome! My cousin and his family are heading to VGC and could use some points! Thanks, DVC Mike!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Well we did book the GCV for the anniversary weekend. Just a studio. I'm so excited!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Just booked ours for my son's 15th birthday....

After touring during the grand opening today I was so excited, I rushed right home and made the reservations.

Cheers!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Well we did book the GCV for the anniversary weekend. Just a studio. I'm so excited!!
    I just book VGC or GCV for the Anniversary Weekend TOO
    One Bedroom.

you know me alot picture are comming that days
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31