•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Anyone Going to the DVC Event in Garden City NY? (Doorway to Dreams)

There is a preview event (for the DVC booth coming to the Roosevelt Field mall, mostly) Aug 28 to 31. My husband and I are going on Aug 30.... We can't afford to buy right now (as much as I want to!!!!) but we thought this would be a good event to get more info about DVC.

Is anyone else going to one of these sessions?
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 08-24-2009 at 05:56 PM.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone Going to the DVC Event in Garden City NY? (Doorway to Dreams)

Well the event was great! So much more than I thought it would be.

It took place in a ballroom of a hotel. As people were arriving, there was a 3-piece acoustic band playing Disney music. The pitch itself was cute and "Disneyfied" with a couple of "streetmosphere" characters along with 2 DVC hosts. They explained the program, the different DVC resorts and the other places you can stay worldwide, and the basics of the program. They also had the DVC as your "doorway to dreams" with a character opening a door each time they revealed something else about the program. They also had a few giveaways during the presentation.

I wasn't expecting any "goodies" except refreshments, but what a treat we got.

On each chair was a bag.

And in each bag was a nice portfolio - inside was a notebook of paper, a pen and a pocket ith DVC literature.

Also in the bag was a little light up wand keychain. The colors rotate. )It was used in the presentation).

But the BEST gift of all????
    MOUSE EARS!!!!!!!!!

After the presentation, you were free to leave, see a DVC representative or go down to the dance party!!!

Um, no brainer.

At the dance party, there was a lot of little bite sized desserts, lemonade and iced tea. Waaaaay beyond what i was expecting! You could also meet Mickey and Minnie. Goofy and Pluto were on hand and dancing as well. Very cute.

We did go back up to see a DVC rep. (We were down in the party discussing it, and a CM started talking to us about it.) While the sales pitch defiantly isn't high pressure, it still is subtly there. Of course, they DO want you to uy. But the person we talked to was really great, and there really wasn't any grand pressure.

It was a very good time, and a good experience. The best part is that in a few weeks, the new Doorway to Dreams store is opening in a mall near us. We'll probably go to that to check out the BLT models and hopefully can make the grand opening in Oct.

If you get an invite to one of these, then check it out! It's worth it, even if you don't want to buy into DVC. I believe there is one coming to Chicago in a few months (Chicago is where the only other Doorway to Dreams is located AFAIK)

Nothing more to say about it...

All in all, it was a great time.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone Going to the DVC Event in Garden City NY? (Doorway to Dreams)

Just an update... Thurs was the opening of the Doorway to Dreams store (with grand opening on Oct 17). MY DH and I went today to look t the BLT mockup rooms - just gorgeous. The studio is nice but the 1 bedroom just BLEW me away!!! I can't wait to stay there.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain