Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Tonka's Skipper

Smile What is your favorite DVC Resort????

I saw this on another DVC blog and found the answers interesting. What do you folks think?

We are dyed in the wool OKW fans....its our home resort since 93 and we love the large units and the theming.

Its also a bit layed back and qiuet resort. We enjoy getting a unit back bye the Turtle Crawl pool, family bbq grills, tables and the snack shack there.

Now mind you , the other resorts are all great, we just like OKW the best

Best Regards....AKK

• Refugee from a island

Re: What is your favorite DVC Resort????

We have points at Bay Lake Tower and The Villas at the Grand Californian, but we have only stayed at VGC. So at this point, I'd have to say VGC. But, I would probably say that anyway, since Disneyland is really our home resort and where we spend the most time, and I have always loved the Grand Californian anyway. We actually bought into BLT because it put us on the priority list to buy at VGC when it opened up.

All that said, I am looking forward to a stay at BLT, and my youngest daughter is very excited about the resort in Hawaii opening.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I've stayed at all of them. I'd have to give a nod to the Boardwalk for abundance of dining options and proximity to Epcot and the Studios.

However, Yacht and Beach Club is a great substitute.

Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge both offer fantastic theme and out of the way (relaxing) locations. However, both seem remote and further out of the way to get to the parks.

Bay Lake Towers is absolutely lovely, walking distance to the Magic Kingdom, and a bit of an inconvenience to get to the Monorail station in the Contemporary. Much faster to just walk to the park.

And, like you, I also love the Old Key West resort. It is relaxed and has the largest rooms. However, it has a rambling layout of buildings which can make getting to and waiting for buses inconvenient. But still a great location if you want a relaxing vacation.

As I get older and spending full days at the parks is less and less important to me. I find that the more remote properties are actually more desirable. It is all a matter of personal preference.

I like to have great dining options close at hand - and that makes Boardwalk, Bay Lake Towers, and Saratoga Springs (next to Downtown Disney) good options for me.

Haven't stayed at the Treehouse Villas yet. I'm looking forward to doing that soon.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I have only stayed at BLT and GCV. I like BLT better, but really, I liked GCV a buncha buncha lot too!
    Looking forward to staying elsewhere!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• DVC owner and loving it !

Smile Re: What is your favorite DVC Resort????

We bought in at Saratoga Springs and love staying there. The rooms are fine and it always seems that the place is not crowded. I guess that has to do with it being so spread out and every section has a pool (now) and we like the fact that it is close to downtown disney. This adds more eating options. It seems like the buses are always coming in, one after another after another, which is great. The only downside that we have experienced is the pool-side snack-shop-Bar is hardly ever open. We did stay at BLT this Jan 9-14 and it is the cream of the crop. You have a private hotel with keyed entry into the lobby, a shorter walk to the Contemporary for any services needed---The walk is shorter than staying at Saratoga and going to our front desk or snack shop. Access to the Fireworks viewing area and Top of The World if you are a DVC member staying on points. Ultra clean and quiet and a 5-min walk to MK. Did not get to go to the pool it was freezing cold that week. The lake view (SSE, Expedition Everest, HTT and the lake) in my opinion is better that the MK view(parking lot). We could see the Fireworks at Epcot and boats running around the lake. I would have to give the edge to BLT.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

So far GCV. The proximity to the fun is unsurpassed.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

I have stayed at BLT OKW BW SSR AKK out of the 5 I would say Bay Lake due to the fact before I bought into DVC I always stayed at the Contemporary.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Like NNL, I have only stayed at BLT and GCV. I think BLT has the edge, but it's hard to call it. I think I'll say BLT is my favorite East Coast, and GCV my favorite West Coast DVC.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I think it's also about proximity and what your plans are for the visit. For example BCV and BWV are ideal for the Food & Wine festival at Epcot. I have a 1BR reserved at VWL for December, because I think the theme of WL is especially appropriate for the holidays!

I love the location of BWV and BCV, they were really the only DVC resorts within an easy stroll of one of the parks (before BLT opened of course). The location of BLT can't be beat as well, as the only DVC resort on a monorail line. I'm dying to stay there!

Another place I haven't stayed is AKV, but I don't like the remote location. And I hate that you have to take a bus even to get to AK! I hear the layout is sprawling also, and that if you have a unit in a bad location it is a long walk to anywhere. I think I would only be interested in the Jambo House units in the main building if I were to stay there.

For me though, the remote DVC resorts are not much different from staying off-property, which I do often as an HGVC member (and I have come to really enjoy). So when I do a DVC exchange the real point for me is to be in a great location.
    --Jonathan

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

I've stayed at all 7 DVC resorts at WDW, and my favorite is 1) BLT, followed by 2) BWV, 3) BCV, 4) VWL, 5) AKV, 6) SSR and then 7) OKW.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

• Tonka's Skipper

DVC Mike!

Looking at all those resort ownership interests........You are one dedicated DVC Member.I tip my hat to you Sir!

AKK

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
    DVC Mike!

Looking at all those resort ownership interests........You are one dedicated DVC Member.I tip my hat to you Sir!

AKK
    Yup, I've seen DVC Mike around a couple of boards, and I always get just a little be jealous when I see his sig line.

• Tonka's Skipper

hmmm.....maybe he could use some help, in using all those points he must have????.(jkg)

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
    hmmm.....maybe he could use some help, in using all those points he must have????.(jkg)
    Strangely, I never have any trouble year after year using up every single of my 1,250 points.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
    Strangely, I never have any trouble year after year using up every single of my 1,250 points.
    I thought I'd remembered hearing about that total somewhere else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast