•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Disney Employee Skims Credit Card Numbers from SSR and OKW Resorts

Just an FYI...

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A Disney employee is off the job after being charged with stealing from tourists. Investigators say the woman would help visitors check in to Disney's Saratoga Springs and Old Key West resorts, but guests had no idea she was using a device to steal their credit card information.

Investigators say the woman was found with at least 15 skimming devices and prosecutors say the Disney worker is responsible for $83,000 in losses.The employee admitted she stole the credit card numbers, but claims she never made any purchases; she just sold the information. She signed a plea agreement last Thursday that will send her to jail.

Disney is changing the way it watches its employees after the worker was caught stealing credit card information from guests for months. Ana Rosa worked as a hotel receptionist at both the Saratoga Springs and Old Key West resorts. Detectives say she had stolen credit card numbers from 173 guests in a four-month period last year.

Disney Employee Caught Stealing From Guests - County By County News Story - WFTV Orlando
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: Disney Employee Skims Credit Card Numbers Skimmed from SSR and OKW Resorts

I just had this happen two weeks ago. Two days after I booked a vacation (not to Disney) someone was using my credit card. The charges showed up more than 100 miles from where I live.

• DVC owner and loving it !

Re: Disney Employee Skims Credit Card Numbers from SSR and OKW Resorts

Wow that stinks. Especially since Saratoga is my DVC home. I guess you need to check CC purchases anytime you go anywhere, I think you can check online depending on which CC you have. They were doing it at a local gas station near my home.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

The employee admitted she stole the credit card numbers, but claims she never made any purchases; she just sold the information.
    And this is suppose to make it ok? You're still a low life thief!!! You still need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!!

Scary.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Sheesh. Sad that this happens even at a Disney park.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I had someone try to use my credit card number online while I was on a Disney World vacation back in 2005. I had to get a new card. It was inconvenient, but I am just thankful that they didn't actually charge anything. As soon as someone got suspicious they put a stop on the card. That's one reason I travel with more than one credit card. My Capital One card was a lifesaver, when I could no longer use my Disney Visa.