Angry BLT Trip=Waste of Time

I am really MAD !!!! I just came back from 3 days of Hell I will keep this short but within 3 days we went through 5 different rooms. From not being clean, to smelling like smoke and not being a lake view, to being a Wheel Chair room, another room with no view ,and then to have a room with no AC and Finally being charged double points for a 1BD since there were no more studios and getting no form of compensation. The managers who were on duty were complete jerks [3] the Final manage then tells me and my mom that my Guide is over selling us and that Membership is not for us which is not true over the last year I have spent 40+ nights at a DVC resort what a jerk. After him there were other DVC Members who we saw getting treated the same way.

The Staff at the Contemporary Needs to be more respectful to DVC Members instead of shafting us.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: BLT Trip=Waste of Time

Wow,that is too bad.

When I stayed there, my rooms were great and all the staff was wonderful. Sorry you had such a bad time. :\
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

The funny thing is that we love the resort but when this happens and you are treated that way and you have lots of money invested and you get the shaft you start to think that at that resort members don't come first compared to someone paying cash for 5 days vs someone paying for the next 50 years.

I will say this again I love the Resort they have a BIG problem with the way they treat members.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW FAN 88 View Post
    I am really MAD !!!! I just came back from 3 days of Hell I will keep this short but within 3 days we went through 5 different rooms. From not being clean, to smelling like smoke and not being a lake view, to being a Wheel Chair room, another room with no view ,and then to have a room with no AC and Finally being charged double points for a 1BD since there were no more studios and getting no form of compensation. The managers who were on duty were complete jerks [3] the Final manage then tells me and my mom that my Guide is over selling us and that Membership is not for us which is not true over the last year I have spent 40+ nights at a DVC resort what a jerk. After him there were other DVC Members who we saw getting treated the same way.

The Staff at the Contemporary Needs to be more respectful to DVC Members instead of shafting us.
    DVC Satisfaction Team Email
    [email protected]
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Thanks for the E-Mail Address I spoke with my Guide and she was not to happy with what went down. I'm heading back to WDW next week and staying at SSR I will take a walk over to DVC and voice my opinion again thanks for the E-mail.

WDW FAN 88

• WDW CM & HM fan

I've only been a member for 4 years but have stayed at various resorts, but never with the problem you described. I stayed in BLT last September and felt my MK view studio was not a MK view (u had to go out onto the balcony to actually see the mk), but the room was clean (it was actually empty for a week, due to the schedule from the week before on the table).

Sorry you had a bad experience.
    AKA doombuggy
    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani

Sad Re: BLT Trip=Waste of Time

I tried the DVC email given in the link & got back that it is permanently unavailable. As a DVC member I'm so frustrated that people going for week are getting a free meal plan & members do not. Even a good percentage discount would be better than nothing! Does anyone have an alternate satisfaction email?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Well, I'm sorry to say but you won't be getting the meal plan for free. That is a perk when you cash book a room. Being able to save so much on a room is the only guaranteed "perk." All others are subject to change. They want to entice people to pay money for the rooms, and they do that by offering the meal plan. Staying in DVC on points, there is no incentive to offer you free meals. Sorry :\
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

Just came back from 3 days AKL / 4 days BLT - both with 2 BR. No problems. Only complaint is DDP & price with 4A & 2C. As a DVC member since 96 with 450 points, we should be treated better with dining resevations. We tried to make some 5 months out & were shut out. If you staying in that hotel, they should have some blocked out for members. This has been a problem past few years.

• keh!

what's BLT?

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    what's BLT?
    Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World - my favorite DVC resort!
    DVC Member: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

Quote Originally Posted by robbienice View Post
    I tried the DVC email given in the link & got back that it is permanently unavailable. As a DVC member I'm so frustrated that people going for week are getting a free meal plan & members do not. Even a good percentage discount would be better than nothing! Does anyone have an alternate satisfaction email?
    And just because they call it "free dining" doesn't mean that it is. As others have said, you have to pay full price for the room to add the dining plan for free.
    Although we are DVC members, we are paying cash for a 10 night stay in December and for that trip, the free dining plan would only cost a little more than $1500! The cash rate we are using (AP 42% discount) equates to around $15 per point, including tax and internet. -- Suzanne

• Banned User

That BL Tower looks like a building in the projects .. ghetto. You people realize you are paying for the *location* and not the quality, right?

Next time, try going to a real Disney resort where dreams DO come true: Tokyo Disney Resort.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

I am paying for quality and location, thanks.

Toyko isn't a yearly option form sot people. What was the point of this post?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Contemporary Resort is my favorite resort at Walt Disney World. I do in fact love the fact that it is right next door, almost, to the Magic Kingdom. I visited WDW the first time in 1997, and so when I finally made a trip back to Disney World I really wanted to stay in the Contemporary. There was no BLT then. It was not built yet.

Now normally, we always arrive at Disney World in the middle of the afternoon. Back in 2003, we had a later flight, and we arrived at the Contemporary about 9 p.m. at nght. I had researched a lot before that trip, and so I knew that the fireworks were probably going off just about the time we checked in.

When we got to our room, it was dark, and so I pulled open the curtains to see what our view was. We were only in one of the garden wing buidings, but we were facing the Magic Kingdom. There we stood in our room late in the evening, and we watched the castle turning colors. No, we couldn't see the fireworks, but we watched the castle go through it's rainbow of colors, pink, blue, purple, yellow, green, and we were definitely impressed. I can still feel the magic now that I felt then. It's those little "unplanned" moments sometimes that make a person's dreams come true.

So don't tell me that every single day at Disney World, somebody isn't living their dream. We all have a different history with the parks. We all have different dreams. Many of mine have come true there.