• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Aulani Selling Fixed Week Schedules?

According to DVCNews, Aulani might be offering something a little more traditional than just the point system...35% of the rooms might be fixed week stays. Not only does that mean that you have that week only in Hawaii, but it apparently might also mean you can't use your week at other resorts like the point system.

Points would still be available (starting at $114 a night according to DVCNews) but another option for those only interested in Hawaii.

I'm sure at the presentations in DL and WDW we'll find out for sure, but an interesting rumor that I thought I would pass on...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Tonka's Skipper

Re: Aulani Selling Fixed Week Schedules?

I hope I am wrong, but this sounds like the begining of the DVC trying to prevent the members form using different resorts, or at least making it harder.
    It's thier best selling point and would be a big mistake.

(I can hear the bean counters thinking they are maximizing profit and not realizing it could be the death nell of the DVC in the short and long term)

AKK

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but this sounds like the begining of the DVC trying to prevent the members form using different resorts, or at least making it harder.
    It's thier best selling point and would be a big mistake.

(I can hear the bean counters thinking they are maximizing profit and not realizing it could be the death nell of the DVC in the short and long term)

AKK
    They are still selling points for Aulani (went on sale today in fact), so I don't think that's where we're going. My opinion is they figure for people who don't necessarily like Disney theme parks, this would be a way of drawing those people into buying. Have them only use it at the Hawaiian resort, and then those other DVC people can use their points as they see fit.

Again, just a rumor and my opinion, but I don't think they would get rid of the point any time soon...I hope.

• Seasick

Do you mean you'd have to choose a specific week, and stick with that week forever and ever?

That kind of archaic restriction would stop me from buying into any timeshare.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Do you mean you'd have to choose a specific week, and stick with that week forever and ever?

That kind of archaic restriction would stop me from buying into any timeshare.
    I agree, which is why DVC was what we bought. But, I assume there are people who always go the same year to the same place? Trying to tap that market for Hawaii, if there is one, might be a good move for Disney? I'm not sure, but really doesn't affect me either way as a DVC member already.

Either way, it's still just a rumor as far as I know...

I attended the first evening of the presentations at the Disneyland Hotel last night. They only discussed a points based system, no hint of a weeks based option. They are asking $114 per vacation point with a suggested minimum of 126 points for an initiation fee, and $690 for the 2012 annual fee. There were special incentives to purchase that night.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Destination D

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Found this in the member benefits guide online:

Quote Originally Posted by DVCMemberBenefits
    DVD is currently constructing Aulani, Disney Vacation Club® Villas, Ko Olina, Hawai`i (“Aulani” or “PreOpening Resort”) which is included in the PreOpening Program. DVC Members’ ability to make reservations at Aulani under the PreOpening Program may be limited as a result of Guaranteed Reservations made for Fixed Week Owners at Aulani. Below is a description of the accommodations at the resort. Also below is a description of the facilities available to Owners for their use pursuant to the resort specific documents.
    Seems they are still thinking of fixed week schedules?