• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Talking Disney's Aulani begins taking reservations for 2011 on August 2nd, 2010

Attention all you tropical island lovers! Disney's newest resort: Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‛i (How about that for a long name?), will begin accepting reservations for hotel rooms and vacation packages on August 2, 2010.

Our travel agent, Fairy Godmother Travel, just forwarded the press release to me and I thought that I'd extract the best bits for you. Please note that although I have placed this in the DVC section, this new hotel DOES have regular hotel rooms for booking. So, you do NOT need to be a DVC member to stay at this remarkable new resort.

Aulani is scheduled to welcome its first guests on August 29, 2011.

“Aulani will represent a new way for every member of the family to enjoy a vacation in Hawaii,” said Djuan Rivers, Vice President of Aulani. “It is designed so that parents, children, guests of any age can find their own kind of fun and relaxation. Families will experience the island in ways they might never have discovered before.”
    Introductory room rates start as low as $399 per night.

The hotel is right on the beach at Ko Olina
    and features 359 hotel rooms and 481 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club villas. Rooms are housed in two 15-story towers with commanding views of the ocean, mountains and magnificent grounds. On-site are two restaurants, a wedding lawn, a conference center and extensive water activities, including a feature pool, 900-foot tube floating watercourse, wading pool, body slides, sunset-facing hot tubs, a quiet adult pool, a snorkel lagoon, and a conservation pool.

Aulani will also include a signature kids’ club – Aunty’s Beach House – where kids can explore Hawaiian culture through fun and games (including interactive touch table games) and arts and crafts. They can also enjoy the enchanted fireplace, “make it rain” in order to start movie time, and have many other experiences created just for them.

Aulani is located on the western side of Oahu, upon 21-acres of oceanfront property in the Ko Olina Resort & Marina development. The resort is located 17 miles from Honolulu International Airport and features convenient access to a 330-slip marina and a Ted Robinson-designed 18-hole championship golf course.

To make a reservation at Aulani, or to learn more about the resort, please contact
    Fairy Godmother Travel.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Re: Disney's Aulani begins taking reservations for 2011 on August 2nd, 2010

I am glad to know they will offer rooms for non-DVC members.. I would be tempted to book a trip here. (I say "here" because I am in Waikiki right now)

BTW.. I ran into the DVC kiosk at the Ala Moana Mall today... and the CM there told me that for those interested in visiting the resort, they offer tours from Ala Moana to the site, and back. Here is a photo of the kiosk taken today Oct 21st.

• Nutty guy from Canada

Our new Club Guide is based out of Hawaii now that the Grand California club is sold out. She called us a couple of weeks back to let us know, ask how we were enjoying the club so far and if we'd had a chance to use our membership yet (not yet, May of next year will be the first time) and if we had any plans to try out the resort in Hawaii eventually.

Was a nice pleasant chat and one that I appreciated.
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Planned Trips: DLR November 2014, WDW March 2017

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

• Jessie: exuberent & fun!!

OMG!!!!! What movies do they play!? I would LOVE to hear stuff like, "Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and, after Nov. 2, Toy Story 3!!!!!!!" PIXAR PEOPLE ARE A GODSENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jessie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is:
    Buzz: clears throat)
    I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
    Jessie: Well, aren't you the sweetest space toy I ever met!
    Buster: (barking)
    Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!
    Jessie: That critter needs help! (jumps on toy car) Yodle-ay-HEEE-HOOO!!!!!
    Buzz: (wings suddenly pop open)

Also, my fav part in 3 is:
    Jessie: turns on Spanish music)
    Buzz: involenterily starts dancing) I...I don't know what came over me!
    Jessie: goo-goo eyes) Just go with it, Buzz!
    (Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

Go to the EBHO threads!!! They need YOU!