DVC resort in HKDL?

I am just wondering what's the chance of Hong Kong Disneyland resort including some DVC villas when they build their next hotel. As they are seeing a steady growth in visitor numbers as the economic recovery continues, and expecting to turn profit this year, they are starting to consider building a 3rd hotel in the resort. To me it looks like DVC is trying to explore the Asian market. With the opening of the DVC sales office on TDR, it won't be long before they open a sales office in HKDL as well. To attract asian customes, they can't just rely on the DVC resorts currently located in the US. Since they don't own any part of the TDR, they probably won't be building any DVC resort on site there, but because Disney owns part of HKDL, that makes it more likely to have a DVC resort in HKDL. What do you guys think?

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

Re: DVC resort in HKDL?

I'd be a bit surprised if DVC announced a resort in HKDL. It's such a small park and I don't think people would stay as long as they do at other Disney parks.
    DVC Member: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Does anyone know how fraction ownership would work in HK? I am not sure what the tax liability would be too. Seems like an accounting nightmare, but if there is money to be made, I am sure a way would be found.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
    I'd be a bit surprised if DVC announced a resort in HKDL. It's such a small park and I don't think people would stay as long as they do at other Disney parks.
    But the Hawaii resort won't even have a theme park attached to it, maybe if they can build something like Aulani that has a mini water park that would make it more attractive.