• secure all cargo

Aulani photos from our stay

My wife and I traveled with another couple to the Aulani last week, so I thought I’d share some of our pictures. MiceChat - Vacationeering - Making Magical Vacation Memories - Blogs has several thorough blogs describing Aulani with a lot of really professional photos already, so I’ll try to stick to pictures of things not already there.

Bottom line – while a bit pricey this is a fantastic hotel and we really hope to return soon.

Name:  100.jpg
Views: 2667
Size:  86.4 KB

Name:  140.jpg
Views: 2584
Size:  77.2 KB
    Fountains in the Maka’ala Guest Services Lobby

Name:  145.jpg
Views: 2582
Size:  48.4 KB

Name:  156.jpg
Views: 2586
Size:  51.9 KB
    Inside Kalepa’s Store are 48 photos of actual Hawaiian rural general stores and their family owners. I thought this was a really cool touch.

Name:  157.jpg
Views: 2578
Size:  48.9 KB

Name:  158.jpg
Views: 2572
Size:  29.9 KB
    2 of the 3 pins available for non-DVC guests, 3 keychains sold as a package, and a magnet. Most of the adult Aulani souvenirs did not mention "Disney" anywhere on the merchandise.

Name:  163.jpg
Views: 2581
Size:  49.2 KB
    My first plate at Makahiki buffet for breakfast. Ricotta cheese blintz, loco moco, frittata, red potatoes, fish, cut of pork tenderloin, sweet bread w/ coconut, and pineapple juice.

Name:  164.jpg
Views: 2581
Size:  94.5 KB
    View from our table at Makahiki.

Name:  167.jpg
Views: 2578
Size:  61.6 KB
    The Olelo Room has all these boxes with koa wood carvings and the Hawaiian word for each object represented.

Name:  168.jpg
Views: 2573
Size:  37.9 KB
    Here was my favorite carving.

Name:  170.jpg
Views: 2573
Size:  25.7 KB
    There is a kids waiting area near the front desk and concierge. In the middle of the room there is a box with four peep holes. Here’s the view from one of the holes.

Name:  223.jpg
Views: 2576
Size:  55.8 KB
    View of part of Waikohole Stream from our 7th floor room.

Name:  222.jpg
Views: 2569
Size:  51.8 KB
    Another shot of Waikohole Stream. For this photo I was mainly interested in the number on the bridge.

Name:  231.jpg
Views: 2571
Size:  78.8 KB
    Pu’u Kilo Slides. You can see two people near the top of the volcano. The one in white is the lifeguard monitoring the entrance to both slides.

Name:  237.jpg
Views: 2571
Size:  68.4 KB
    Here is one of the animals carved into the side of the volcanic rocks around the pools.

Name:  242.jpg
Views: 2564
Size:  74.5 KB
    This is just outside the restrooms built into the Pu’u Kilo volcano structure.

More to follow...

• secure all cargo

Re: Aulani photos from our stay

Name:  411.jpg
Views: 2533
    This is a tray on the ottoman in our room. On the left is a room service menu. On the right is a magazine simply titled "Aulani" (volume 1, issue 1, published twice a year). If you look on the top of the photo, the rug pattern is taro leaves.

Name:  412.jpg
Views: 2569
Size:  32.3 KB
    The Daily 'Iwa with the resort's schedule of events for the day. There seems to be a lot going on, but other than dining and spa reservations we didn't keep track of much else and ended up missing a lot of things we initially thought we'd want to see.

Name:  400.jpg
Views: 2580
Size:  75.1 KB
    In the hallways outside the rooms is this carpet with a hidden Mickey pattern.

Name:  300.jpg
Views: 2531
Size:  39.8 KB
    The Mikimiki Fitness Center where my wife diligently spent her early mornings. Top of the line equipment.

Name:  310.jpg
Views: 2531
Size:  44.3 KB
    The Laniwai Spa lobby. This is a first rate spa with reasonable prices, relatively speaking of course. (Any spa is expensive but this was the one thing my wife and I considered not overpriced for what you get.) We were told this is the first Disney spa designed by Imagineers, and it is the only spa on Oahu to be partially outdoors. A cast member there said she went through a five level interview process to get hired.

Name:  312.jpg
Views: 2534
Size:  46.8 KB
    Hallway from the lobby to the spa, lobby in the background.

Name:  314.jpg
Views: 2568
Size:  58.0 KB
    I wish I’d paid more attention to the host’s explanation of the symbolism of this fountain. Just outside the lobby you're directed to a basket with stones that each have printed on it a word for various desirable qualities, like peace, or strength for example. You pick a stone with the quality that stands out to you and then place it in the fountain and I think he said this action symbolized the reciprocal exchange of that quality between you and the islands.

Name:  315.jpg
Size:  38.0 KB

Name:  316.jpg
Views: 2568
    Here’s part of the outdoor amenities.

Name:  317.jpg
Size:  32.1 KB
    Therapy room.

A few more left...

• secure all cargo

Name:  440.jpg
Views: 2563
Size:  84.0 KB
    Menehune statues are hiding throughout the resort. We wanted to do the Menehune Adventure Trail, but the entire technology was shut down much of the time we were there as a lot of the effects were not working properly. Still working out the bugs I guess. But you can still see the statues everywhere. And on the Waikohole Stream every once in a while you can hear them laughing or making strange noises.

Name:  441.jpg
Views: 2583
Size:  38.4 KB

Name:  442.jpg
Views: 2560
Size:  53.4 KB
    Under the wooden bridge over the Waikohole Stream

Name:  443.jpg
Views: 2551
Size:  22.0 KB

Name:  450.jpg
Views: 2555
Size:  36.5 KB
    The view from our table at the 'AMA 'AMA at around 7:30pm.

Name:  452.jpg
Views: 2548
Size:  18.9 KB
    The fountain in the 'AMA 'AMA lobby. Behind the fountain there's a drop of several feet, so the two guys peeking out just above the fountain are standing on that level about 20 feet back.

Name:  477.jpg
Views: 2552
Size:  46.7 KB

Name:  485.jpg
Views: 2609
Size:  63.7 KB
    View from our room. Notice there are no room lights on in the tower. That is because they are still unoccupied. Only something like a third of the rooms in the entire resort are currently open. The next third will open next month, and the rest in January 2012. This is likely the least crowded you will ever see this resort. Other than the Sunday we arrived, on the week days only about half the pool chairs were ever occupied, there was never a wait for the slides, and the Makahiki always had plenty of tables available.

Name:  487.jpg
Views: 2515
Size:  60.8 KB
    Another view from our room.

Name:  500.jpg
Views: 2512
Size:  30.7 KB
    Turndown service.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Wow, amazing report! I so want to check this out for my own but it might be awhile.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• secure all cargo

Thanks Coheteboy, and I hear you. I hope you get there sooner than later.

• Minion

Cant wait until my stay i wanna take one day of my trip and just photograph everything

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

What accommodations did you get? Studio? 1 bedroom? 2?
    So many questions! Haha.

• secure all cargo

posted by PaperCutter92
    What accommodations did you get? Studio? 1 bedroom? 2?
    So many questions! Haha.
    We got a standard ocean view room. We are not DVC members so no suite for us. There's a lot of high-end stuff in these rooms. The mattress is really soft. Bath can switch between rainfall and handheld massage shower heads which we thought was cool. The thermostat is the kind that makes hardly any noise at all. They have the most comfortable bathrobes with the Aulani logo embroidered on it. The soaps, hair products, & lotion are all by H2O which I'm told is usually an expensive brand - all I know is that they were noticeably better than standard hotel toiletries. We tried room service for breakfast once, which was light on portions but tasted pretty good. I ordered the Japanese breakfast which comes with tamago, miso soup, fish, rice, pickles, and tea or coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    We tried room service for breakfast once, which was light on portions but tasted pretty good. I ordered the Japanese breakfast which comes with tamago, miso soup, fish, rice, pickles, and tea or coffee.
    Oh dang..that sounds SO good!
    If only the airfare weren't so expensive!

• MiceChat Travel Partner

Wow your pictures are amazing! The Menehune make me smile

Can't wait to see it all in person!!

Thanks for sharing!
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

• secure all cargo

Thanks, Fairy Godmother Travel. I still go back to your blog to look at your pictures. Hope you guys have a great time in June.

Love all of the pictures! Just booked a five-night stay in April for my wife and I for her 29th birthday. We're very excited, and it'll be my first time ever in Hawaii. We found cheap airfare (under $400 RT per person) on Hawaiian Airlines, so we're going to use two years worth of our meager DVC allotment to go spend a few days in paradise.

• secure all cargo

Hope you have a great time SuperRob!

• Mkcoastie

soooo beautiful, I am so going one day. Thanks for the pics. (i'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who takes pictures of carpets in Disney resorts)

• Minion

wow it looks amzing i might make over thir after i go to walt disney world frist then i might save for aulini
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr