• Under that tree again!

Building the GF Villlas

Building the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Less Than a Minute

posted on October 21st, 2013 by Ryan March, Editor, Disney Vacation Club’s Disney Files Magazine

“Step in Time” takes on new meaning when applied to the speedy team that built the newest addition to the Disney Vacation Club neighborhood – The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Clearly fueled by more than just a “Spoonful of Sugar,” the crew in this video managed to construct the entire building in a remarkable 56 seconds!

Oh wait, it’s a time-lapse video. Why does that always trip me up? Still, what the team has created (at an average human speed) is nothing short of spectacular.
    Like its sister resort, the new building celebrates the gracious grandeur and casual elegance of a time in which families traveled to Florida by railroad. The villas (which include a variety of artistic salutes to the classic Disney film “Mary Poppins“) welcome families “home” to that bygone era with interior spaces masterfully Imagineered in a style that many of us here at Disney Vacation Club have taken to calling “Main Street modern,” elevating turn-of-the-20th-century living with decidedly 21st-century amenities.
    In the fall issue of Disney Files Magazine, Disney Vacation Club senior vice president and general manager Ken Potrock described the experience of exploring the villas as “walking right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A., with just a touch of Tomorrowland hiding around every corner.”
    As Ken made no mention of the speed with which the building came together in this video, I can only assume he understands time-lapse photography better than I do.
    The villas open this Wednesday, October 23.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Building the GF Villlas

And they're done.

Celebrating the Grand Opening of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on October 23rd, 2013 by Ken Potrock, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Disney Vacation Club

Today, we are delighted to open our 12th resort in the Disney Vacation Club family – The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This resort shares the Victorian elegance of its neighboring resort, with luxurious accommodations and a perfect setting right along the monorail system, within view of the Magic Kingdom Park.
    In fact, I like to say this is the second jewel in our monorail crown, following Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, just across the Seven Seas Lagoon.
    Our Members and guests will find accommodations suited to every vacationing party, from couples to young families to multi-generational groups. It’ll feel like you’re at home right here near the Magic Kingdom Park!

This morning, Mickey and Minnie Mouse were personally on hand to welcome families to this delightful resort in grand fashion.
    Gallery

Celebrating the Grand Opening of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at Walt Disney World Resort

The addition of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa represents an exciting new chapter for Disney Vacation Club – and provides even more vacation options, flexibility, affordability, and access for our guests to the special magic that only Disney can deliver.
    Welcome Home!
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

We loved our stay there a week ago!
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

Great idea.