Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New 3 Attractions for WDS Park

I have been calling on management ever since Tower of Terror opened that we needed to start on the next new project for 2010 asap as most major ne w attractions take 2 years to build and I was worried about not having anything to fill the void after Tower of Terror so much so that I wrote a letter to Lasseter explaining my concerns for the resort a few months ago. Now a rummor surfaced on a few french forums on Sunday that management are looking at 3 flat Funfair rides to include in the short term in WDS Park as a temp fix while a range of other projects are finalised. I hope this is not true as if this is true all the hard work in turning WDS fortunes around will have all been in vain.

• Banned User

Re: New 3 Attractions for WDS Park

On the contrary, I've heard the next 3 attractions will be Playhouse Disney- Live on Stage, Soarin', and a Ratatouille ride.

On the contary to what you have expressed in your post in the short term Sorrin is on hold due to our old friend James Rasulo this is in part why I felt the need to write to Lasseter who seems to have more clout over Rasulo if he feels the problem warrents his attention. Playhouse Disney as far as I am concerned is not a new attraction rather a new element in an existing attraction and will not encorage further Guest numbers in a big way such as a range of other projects would do and the Ratatouille attraction is approx 4-5 years away so I am focusing on 2009-2011/2012.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aladdin247 View Post
    Playhouse Disney as far as I am concerned is not a new attraction rather a new element in an existing attraction
    Um... It is a new attraction, just like Stitch Live is.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Um... It is a new attraction, just like Stitch Live is.
    It may be an attraction, but it's an A-ticket. The OP of this thread wants more D and E ticket attractions which I agree with. D and E ticket attractions are the ones that get people in the gates.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    It may be an attraction, but it's an A-ticket. The OP of this thread wants more D and E ticket attractions which I agree with. D and E ticket attractions are the ones that get people in the gates.
    Well of course, so do we all. But PD:LoS isn't an A-Ticket. It's a C-Ticket I'd say.

• On A Disney World Tour...

Quote Originally Posted by aladdin247 View Post
    On the contary to what you have expressed in your post in the short term Sorrin is on hold due to our old friend James Rasulo this is in part why I felt the need to write to Lasseter who seems to have more clout over Rasulo if he feels the problem warrents his attention. Playhouse Disney as far as I am concerned is not a new attraction rather a new element in an existing attraction and will not encorage further Guest numbers in a big way such as a range of other projects would do and the Ratatouille attraction is approx 4-5 years away so I am focusing on 2009-2011/2012.
    Can I question your credibility new member, you seem to be working for EuroDisney SCA, how so ?
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Senior Minion

This does sort of support what was concluded on this thread...

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ios-98216.html

... that we would get something on the same sort of level as Dino Land USA.

As far as I can see, Playhouse Disney is a definate but I am not holding my breath for Ratatouille and really could not be less interested in Soarin'.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Rock The World

Well, since the news is officially out over at www.disneytheque.com, I might as well spill a few beans here. We will indeed be seeing three new, lightly themed funfair rides at WDS next spring:

1. A "Jumping Jellyfish" style ride
    2. A "spinning surfboard", half-pipe style ride
    3. A traditional waltzer

They will officially form a temporary extension of the Toon Studio area, and you can expect to see a Toy Story theme for at least one of them. (The parachute tower will be themed to the green army men).

Now for the usual disclaimer - until these things are actually installed (I won't say "built"), then nothing is truly decided. I'm sure there are other proposals that may still get a look in.

And secondly, as cheap and cheerful as these additions are, I have to say that I understand te reasoning behind them. The park desperately needs additional capacity, and it needs it quickly and cheaply. From a business perspective, these rides fit the bill.

However, I am wary at the use of the word "temporary". The Pizza Planet restaurant has been "temporary" for years.

Oh, one last point - we will also be seeing some minor changes to Studio Tram Tour, but I'm not allowed to tell you what they are yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• is satisfactual.

When has anything been "temporary" in the past ten years. Wands, hats, celebrations... I'm surprised they found the willpower to take the Christmas tree down.

And somehow, I think these rides will look even worse at the WDS than they do at DCA and DAK. At DCA, they're at least located pleasantly next to a body of water, at DAK they're in a far corner of a huge, lavish park. At the WDS, they'll just occupy another part of the parking lot. Two shakes from the entrance and two shakes from the Tower of Terror.

/pessimistic rant

I really wish there was another way to improve capacity. I don't know, aim a projector on one of the sound stages and call it a drive-in theater, take people out on a scavenger hunt...

• Senior Minion

WDS has always lacked family friendly rides - Magic Carpets was it for a long time and now Cars and Crush have shown that a few cheap thrills for the kiddies may boost attendance (who'd have thunk eh?). These additions make sense in that respect but will bugger up any hopes that ToT and the Boulevard were the start of the theming turnaround for the park.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

So how does that work at DHS, then? I can't think of a single ride that fits that description. Except maybe the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground... I'd always assumed people with jumpy toddlers would just go over to the Magic Kingdom instead.

At DCA, they tried to solve the problem with A Bug's Land, which is at least a separate, immersive* area. I'd welcome that in a far corner of the WDS any day.

I just hope no one is fooled by this "temporary" thing. If this addition happens, it'll be here until we're all old enough to watch Columbo without knowing the outcome in the first twenty seconds.

*I promise I will stop using that word as soon as I find an alternative.

• Senior Minion

Pizza Planet (I'm assuming) is temporary in as much as in the far flung future, the land that it sits on will be ripe for an extension to the park. This is probably decades away which may be the time-scales we are looking at for WDS too.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    and really could not be less interested in Soarin'.
    Have you been on Soarin'?

• Hola Yola!

Hmm, it's two steps forward and one back for WDS I guess. They're going to stick Buzz on a director's chair with a megaphone next to the Green Army Men parachute drop and call it theming I guess?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast