View Poll Results: Should DLP get Splash ountain as soon as possibe?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 38.89%
  • Certainly

5 9.26%
  • Definately

9 16.67%
  • Positively

3 5.56%
  • Assuredly

1 1.85%
  • Unquestionably

3 5.56%
  • Emphatically

12 22.22%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Senior Minion

Re: Should DLP get Splash Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Huh?

Anyway, I don't think an Indy water ride could go amiss. Say your plane crashed and you had to use an orange emergency boat and try and get out of the deep jungle and you encounter a temple etc. etc. Big splash at the end, no more than one 'mountain' per land, popular tie-in, nice compliment to Temple du Peril. Anyone?
    You have mentioned this idea before but as I pointed out then, a ride that features a plane crash may not be too suitable in a park where a good percentage of the guests have just touched down at CdeG!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I probably have mentioned it before actually, but I don't think that would be too much of a problem, I mean a high percentage of guests travel by mine carts and space ships but there's no problem there.

• jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post

Disneyland Paris' Frontierland is very roomy. If Splash were to be built on the site of what is currently Frontierland Depot (as originally planned), it wouldn't interfere with anything. In fact, it would enrich the area's themeing by a landslide and give Frontierland another distinct section, just as the other lands have theirs. Compare this to the situation at Disneyland, where the ride sits next to the Haunted Mansion.

They should have no problem finding a suitable place for Splash.
    I believe you. But isn't Frontierland part of one giant "story" in Disneyland Paris?? Splash Mountain probably wouldn't fit with that. It dosn't really matter too much to me. But it jsut seems like Fantasyland has a shotness of E-ticket status rides...

• Senior Minion

Fantasyland has never been about E tickets. It's - you know - for the kids.

But it would seem to Splash would spoil the DLP Frontierland storyline. The easy solution is to create 'Le Country de les Critters'.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Dutch Dreamer

the ride has been designed, adapted and approved allready for DLRP... even the construction was approved by the covernment... but again due to financial problems it got shelved many years ago.

the ride was (IS still????) planned to go over the train station in frontierland, with the station moved to the right to make place for it... the part of frontierland it was going to be placed in (from the roll-out of BTM to the outer edge of the park) was to be converted into critter country (hence the two entrances to adventureland in frontierland).

The final part after the drop was going to extend to the current "puddle" next to the cowboy cookout bbq.

I have the arial-plan somewhere... will look it up.

(on a side note... an internal source at the resort even mentioned plans to open Toon Town somewhere in the near future, which would be accesible from Critter Country, and that they were looking in to the possiblity to have an actual gate between toon-studio and toon town, to make park-hopping easier... but those are just rumors for now)

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I say yes? Heated water during Winter anyone?

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by richboi117 View Post
    I believe you. But isn't Frontierland part of one giant "story" in Disneyland Paris?? Splash Mountain probably wouldn't fit with that. It dosn't really matter too much to me. But it jsut seems like Fantasyland has a shotness of E-ticket status rides...
    I'm not sure how or if Cottonwood Creek relates to Thunder Mesa in any sense deeper than geographically. Maybe someone else does? I'm sure it has a nine-page back story involving jilted brides and cursed gold-seekers.

But while the story of the Thunder Mesa area speaks for itself, and any observant guest can connect the dots to a certain extent, the back of the land just isn't well enough developed to allow that.

And let's not forget that "a Splash Mountain-style attraction" was planned to go there from day one. Those savvy 1992 Imagineers surely thought of something clever and fitting. This wouldn't be a case of blasphemous shoehorning a la Buzz Lightyear.

• Pirate - G'har!

I don't see the need to create Critter Country, just a different area of Frontierland away from the main lake (which Splash's potential future location would be). I think even if they did SotS, which, ok ok, wouldn't be a massive disaster, just a bit of a shame, it would work well without it's own land, or maybe Frontierland could be split into Thunder Mesa and another area round the back where Splash and the canoes and everything would be. I always thought it would be nice on park maps to have Adventureland split into 'Arabia' 'The Caribbean' and 'Indian Jungle' or better names and have the attractions listed under the different areas. This would also save the akwardness of having two big mountains on the same land list.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456