Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Enchanted Fireworks now less Enchanting

News out of Paris over the past week has revealed that the new Enchanted fireworks has seen a cut in the types of shells used during the show.

Readers who knows about Disneyland Paris' firework show understand that when the new show launched it was very loud for Paris using louder than normally used shells to try and inject a bit of wow factor into the show. Now it seems the villages around DLRP have struck again and forced DLRP to make changes to the show in order to reduce the noise.

How do you guys feel about it? Have some of you seen the new reduced show?

Here is a video of the new quieter show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

Compare that to the show before the changes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

• is satisfactual.

Re: Enchanted Fireworks now less Enchanting

If you time the videos right and compare them, you'll see that it isn't all that different. The only fireworks missing from the new version are a few noisy ones during the finale. The newer video is just darker and therefore seems a lot gloomier.

But even if this is just about a second's worth of fireworks -- I don't get these villagers. So every weekend in the summer there is a bit of whistling and crackling going on. My family used to live next to people who liked to play Hasidic reggae on a ghetto blaster 'til daylight come and never once did we complain.

• Banned User

Well.. the previous version is clearly more exciting and noisy for sure. I can see why the villagers behind the park were upset. Was this going on nightly?

On the other hand.. I wish TDL did as much as they do in the less-noisy version, but that is a different opinion altogether.

I do have one issue.. this show's bland musical score. It's generic symphonic pop. Not one Disney tune in there. As a Disney fan, I can not relate to it. Why does Paris always drop the ball in this respect and usually go anti-Disney in everything they do? This is the reason why DLP feels "less Disney" than all of the other Disney resorts in the USA, HK and Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I do have one issue.. this show's bland musical score. It's generic symphonic pop. Not one Disney tune in there. As a Disney fan, I can not relate to it. Why does Paris always drop the ball in this respect and usually go anti-Disney in everything they do? This is the reason why DLP feels "less Disney" than all of the other Disney resorts in the USA, HK and Japan.
    The music is straight from the movie 'Enchanted' (as you you can probably figure out if you look at the name of the show) so you can't really call it 'anti-Disney'. Whether the music is actually any good, well, that's another question...

Yeah the show is going on nightly until the end of this month. I still think it's a mighty shame that they have cut the show back, they should had the foresight and gone with the quieter show from the start as many fans will be looking forward to the show that has been getting rave reviews and can be seen all over YouTube.

Still a good show, but now less enchanted as I stated.

I am going back with a friend in a week or so and will post a trip report then. It will be my first visit to the resort in the summer.

I was very impressed by the resort during my first visit earlier this year and I posted a report then. Since Paris is the closest resort to me, I really want Paris to carry on moving forward since many have said over the past two years the resort has really moved in the right direction, but granted still has a long way to go.

• Senior Minion

Fizzy is due back in a day or two. Let's hope he caught it while he was there.

And yes. Enchanted is indeed a Disney film - hence Disney music.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Really? I like it so much that they didn't use the same disney-melodies again for their music... this is something unique..

• Hitchhiker

I do have one issue.. this show's bland musical score. It's generic symphonic pop. Not one Disney tune in there.
    Go tell Alan Menken, the Disney composer. He wrote this song and it got three Oscar nomination! The Enchanted- fireworks is using the original soundtrack - they've just edited it a little. You obviously haven't seen Enchanted, the best Disney (non-Pixar) movie last year!?? And you call yourself a Disney fan?

Enchanted music got
    - 3 Oscar nomination
    - 1 Golden Globe nomination, Best Original Song
    - Won Best music award, Academy of Science Fiction and Fantasy
    - Won Best Song and Best Composer awards, Broadcast Film Critics Association

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0461770/awards
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Fleeting Inspiration

The music for Enchanted, and thus the music for this show, was written by Alan Menken. You know... the guy who also composed The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin (as well as a number of other Disney films and Broadway Musicals, both Disney and non-Disney). I don't think you can get much more Disney than that, unless you're the Sherman Brothers.

Edit: Oops, Zarniwoop beat me to it.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post

Enchanted music got
    - 3 Oscar nomination
    - 1 Golden Globe nomination, Best Original Song
    Should have won too.

And Mr Menken can also be credited with Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pocahontas and Home on the Range.

Wow TDLFan, you really dropped the ball on that one!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

ORWEN: I was going to say the same thing about the music from ENCHANTED obviously being Disney music. It's also some of the best music to come out of a Disney movie in quite a long time. So, to say it's not Disney music is just wrong. It's just NEW Disney music. And I like that Disneyland Paris is using it. Just wish the OTHER Disney theme parks would use it, too!

i would say Welcome to DIsneyland Paris the world of Budget Cuts . WDW is also doing Budget cuts for Fantasmic in Sept so DLRP is not alone now .

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Joonas View Post
    The music is straight from the movie 'Enchanted' (as you you can probably figure out if you look at the name of the show) so you can't really call it 'anti-Disney'. Whether the music is actually any good, well, that's another question...
    OH really?? I never saw that movie, so I would not know. I guess I dropped the ball. Still... I wonder how many guests at DLP (besides the super Disney geeks) would actually know where the music come...
    But thanks for setting my gayly forward.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    i would say Welcome to DIsneyland Paris the world of Budget Cuts . WDW is also doing Budget cuts for Fantasmic in Sept so DLRP is not alone now .
    You of all people would know... especially since it was the WDW who trained DLP's back in the early 90s. But to add injury... even TDR is now copying the same budget cut tactics from the USA..and is reason why even TDR is loosing some of it's near perfection status.

• Minion

ORDDU: Why, TDLFAN! I'm surprised that you haven't seen ENCHANTED yet! It's the next best thing to seeing Mary Poppins! In fact, there is even a former Mary Poppins dancer in the film. You owe it to yourself to become uplifted by such an outstanding Disney musical. It truly is enchanting and you need to let yourself become as enchanted by it as the rest of us, dear. You won't regret it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast