Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Pirate - G'har!

Aug. 4th-9th Trip Report

*trumpet fanfare* it's trip report time. I tried and failed to remember the exact order I did stuff in so I'm gonna do it kinda half in chronological order and half sub-headingy, but it may have got slightly mixed up in my head, not that it really makes a difference if the important stuff's there... I didn't forget my camera but the photos aren't on my computer yet so I'll post those separately. Here we go.

First thing's first, the coach journey and hotel. Both were, well, fine. The rooms were basic, and the continental breakfast wasn't the tastiest thing I've ever eaten but for the price I couldn't complain. The coach took us to Disney at 9.15am each morning (10 minute drive) and picked us up at 10pm but we could stay later and get the RER back if we wanted. No complaints there then, we got to the parks for opening every day (in fact on the first day we got to Disney for 9am after setting off early).

We had a one park ticket for Day 1 and a 2-day HOPPER PASS for the other two days, which was an incredibly pleasant surprise as I had been told otherwise. Naturally, Day 1 was Disneyland Park, and knowing about its immense popularity we waited for Frontierland and thus BTM to open outside the gates and rushed to the entrance - broken down. Oh well, fastpasses it was and off to Adventureland for Indy and Pirates.

Indy

Yeah, ok, not the best first ride for a DLRP trip but we weren't first-timers so it was ok. The ride was, well, there's not much to say, a moderately thrilling rollercoaster beautifully themed and in dire need of some special effects.

Pirates

Ah, Pirates, I love it so, such a wonderful queue, such a wonderful ride...but not without its faults. We all know the good aspects of Pirates, and as with many trip reports, it becomes about the gripes. First off, and this is a very minor annoyance, in some places of the queue you could see the ceiling. It is probably (tough I don't know) impossible to light the end of the queue/station area adequately without also lighting up some of the warehouse ceiling, but it just kills it very slightly for me. In the ride, like PM, you don't really look up, but in the queue ya do (also, the cloud projections above the lift hill building entrance not only are a bit rubbish, but reveal the ceiling).

Next, and this isn't so much a complaint as a confusion, they've taken the wench for a bride auction (in French of course) sign down which I don't understand as it makes the situation a bit clearer (I'm presuming the audio in the ride is discernible to French folk). Also, I must admit, the AA swordfighting pirates looked absoloutely terrible, their swords being about 50ft away from each other but with swiping and clinking sounds playing loud and clear. It was almost funny!

And the final scene; I think the audio problem has gotten worse. The only, and that's the only pirate I could clearly hear singing the song was ahead of the backing track and it was painful, he was singing as though he was conducting, slightly ahead of the beat, but a conductor does it for a reason (and doesn't make any noise). For the record, it was the bearded one with the squeeze box in the little band. The flames on the torches were not working, in fact, the whole final scene was a bit of a shambles, and this makes me very sad. And a final thing, PLEASE Disney, don't put the movie stuff in there!

Big Thunder Mountain

Howdy folks! I like BTM a lot, but it is a hard ride to get on due to its populiarity, hence we did it only twice compared to, for instance, SM's 5 times. Despite the hellish queue (even the FP one isn't nice) BTM is the ultimate mine train ride, and probably the best in the world (it having that slight edge of underwater tunnels, extra speed and better cars over the US versions). It's wonderful, we know, so here come the gripes. Water splash. Not working. Spinning possums. One absent, one not working (the biggest one). TNT explosion, no evidence of any kind of event happening on that lift hill. Glow-in-the-dark bats, not moving. This can't continue, BTM is an incredible ride, but those little touches (and in the TNT lift hill case, important finale) are letting it down. Don't get me wrong, it's a great ride, but it's not what it could be.

The Fantasyland Dark Ride Trio

Ah, Fantasyland, our next stop - I'm sorry but WDW's Fantasyland is like Flamingoland compared to this. The dark rides, for me, went in this surprising order:

1. Pinocchio
    2. Peter Pan
    3. Snow White

Snow White is obviously the least impressive of the three, but I enjoyed Pinocchio alot more and thought it worked better. Peter Pan is cool cos you're suspended in a boat, but once you get over that, I don't think the ride is actually that good, and certainly not as good as Pinocchio. I think what makes the marionette's attraction the superior is that it has narrative drive, Jimeny Cricket appears at various points as you get into deeper and deeper waters, it feels like a progression, not an out of order ghost train (Snow White) or a gimmicky suspended ride (Peter Pan).

It's A Small World

One just has to ride it... I loved IASW, it was (mostly) in great shape and looked good, and as for the twin towers, firstly, you wouldn't really notice them unless you were looking (I was) and secondly, who cares?!

Star Tours

Discoveryland was next, (I always seem to end up travelling clockwise around the place), and FPs for Space Mountain were followed by a trip to Star Tours. And it was amazing! The queue was looking good, and we had a fantastic audience for the main ride, screams and all, so it was incredible fun (we were also sat on the edge so we felt the movement quite alot). All this ride really needs, I think, is a High-Def projection and a remastered movie. The queue is the ultimate Disney queue, no cattle-pen back and forward and amazing retro (well retro in 2008 anyway) queue theming which is entertaining and funny and feels like the Star Wars films (albeit being perhaps a little too clean compared to Lucas' 'used universe').

Ah, lunch. As I passed the menu for Buzz's Pizza Planet restaurant outside I saw 'Pizza Burger'. Inspired! I had to sample this amazing concept so in I went, having no idea what it was like inside. It's a strange path to get there to be sure, and the little lobby with the car and robot models is, frankly, disgraceful. The models are bad and it's just terrible. As for the inside, well, it's ok. It kind of feels like what Pizza Planet from Toy Story would actually be like in real life, tacky, cheap and loud (minus the cheap as everything is ridiculously expensive at DLRP, naturally). The Pizza burger was very nice, but it's time they demolished this ugly place for future development (Around the World in 80 Days Soarin' style, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, so much potential).

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience

TURN DOWN THE FRENCH AUDIO! Or at least put it on headphones too. It wouldn't be so bad if the French wasn't slightly ahead of the English. With a show that uses very old technology, it relies on the wit and the quality of the script, and not only do I not think that is very present anyway, any of that is lost since you can't hear what the heck's going on unless you're French. Demolish it! NOW!

Space Mountain: Mission 2

Here's a biggy. SM (hopefully one day that will mean Splash and M2 will mean space, but that's just hopefully) has a terrible queue now that the windows are gone (not saying they should be there as long as the new queue is good, which it isn't) and those strange, bare corridors and odd room with two pictures, nice light fittings and bathroom tiles. Oh well, the ride is still excellent. Rough, yes, visible track in places, yes, highly inferior musical 'score' (it's not really a score if it's done on someone's computer at home I say), yes, highly highly inferior theme, yes, but it's still a great and high quality ride that I enjoyed. And this time, the audio worked every time. That may have been luck, but I rode 5 times so maybe it's sorted.

We didn't do Buzz as the queue was always long and there were always better fastpasses to get, but from what I remember last year, it was, well, ok. When the evening came (I'm excising parts of Day 1 as I can't remember what exactly we did, but it involved at least one more ride on the highly addictive POTC), it was PM time.

Phantom Manor

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! But seriously, nice to see an actual queue for this ride; I think we waited about 15 minutes. The stretch-room ceiling was fixed (it had a hole in it last time), and you could see the Phantom and his hanging victim really well and clearly. As for the ride, I always have a bit of a gripe with the near-constant ghostly spooks that interrupt our tour, but I have to grin and bear it. PM is a brilliantly designed and spooky ride in dire need of some TLC. What it needs is a make-over in the style of DL's POTC make-over, as in new sound and lighting and all that (obviously without new characters). Fixed effects, phantom canyon restored to its former glory, a better final bride (as in not one that is clearly a skeleton on a pole hanging akwardly). Also, a clearer story would be nice, but language constraints restrict that a bit.

Okay, that's Part 1, and since I have to go now, Part 2 will be coming later, and it includes...Tower of Terror, mwahahahahaha. And if that's not enough to leave you wanting more, you will want to read about the two hour Crush queue catastrophe, an adventure in three volumes! Stay tuned!

• Hitchhiker

Re: Aug. 4th-9th Trip Report

Nice report so far, thank you. From experience I can imagine, what catasrophy Crush was. We queued three times and waited three hours to ride once.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Big Thunder Mountain

Howdy folks! I like BTM a lot, but it is a hard ride to get on due to its populiarity, hence we did it only twice compared to, for instance, SM's 5 times. Despite the hellish queue (even the FP one isn't nice) BTM is the ultimate mine train ride, and probably the best in the world (it having that slight edge of underwater tunnels, extra speed and better cars over the US versions). It's wonderful, we know, so here come the gripes. Water splash. Not working. Spinning possums. One absent, one not working (the biggest one). TNT explosion, no evidence of any kind of event happening on that lift hill. Glow-in-the-dark bats, not moving. This can't continue, BTM is an incredible ride, but those little touches (and in the TNT lift hill case, important finale) are letting it down. Don't get me wrong, it's a great ride, but it's not what it could be.
    The seeming lack of the mine climb explosion may have been due to where abouts on the train you were seated. This effect is completely missed by anyone sitting in the front half of the train. Or it may have been knackered.
    And as for the water splash - I don't think it has worked for about 4 or 5 years now in my experience.

Anyway, great report. Sounds like a great trip and I look forward to the next installment!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

The water splash worked on, I believe, both my trips last year, or certainly at least one. It's simple enough right? As for the rumble, you may be right, as there was some rumbling when I sat further back, but not to the usual extent, just one rock.

CRUSH: The 2 hour queueing catastrophe collision course to chaos...COMING SOON...IF YOU DARE...

• Empress of Randomness

Space Mountain: Mission 2

Here's a biggy. SM (hopefully one day that will mean Splash and M2 will mean space, but that's just hopefully) has a terrible queue now that the windows are gone (not saying they should be there as long as the new queue is good, which it isn't) and those strange, bare corridors and odd room with two pictures, nice light fittings and bathroom tiles. Oh well, the ride is still excellent. Rough, yes, visible track in places, yes, highly inferior musical 'score' (it's not really a score if it's done on someone's computer at home I say), yes, highly highly inferior theme, yes, but it's still a great and high quality ride that I enjoyed. And this time, the audio worked every time. That may have been luck, but I rode 5 times so maybe it's sorted.
    I was there almost the same time as you (Aug 6-9) and I found SM really really rough! No matter how hard I tried to keep my head pushed back into the head rest it kept getting thrown around...
    Last edited by Laura678; 08-10-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: sp

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I didn't find it too bad actually, but I was on the front row most of the time which is indeed smoother. But I think it kind of adds character. Heh, how optimistic is that...

• Empress of Randomness

I didn't find it too bad actually, but I was on the front row most of the time which is indeed smoother. But I think it kind of adds character. Heh, how optimistic is that...
    The front wasnt too bad I agree... Another thing i noticed was if I sat in the back of the carriage i guess you could call it, my knees got smacked off the back panel of the seats in front. This is something that hadn't happened on previous visits... Perhaps Im just getting taller!!!

Looking forward to the rest of your TR

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• is satisfactual.

Ah, Pirates, I love it so, such a wonderful queue, such a wonderful ride...but not without its faults. We all know the good aspects of Pirates, and as with many trip reports, it becomes about the gripes. First off, and this is a very minor annoyance, in some places of the queue you could see the ceiling. It is probably (tough I don't know) impossible to light the end of the queue/station area adequately without also lighting up some of the warehouse ceiling, but it just kills it very slightly for me. In the ride, like PM, you don't really look up, but in the queue ya do (also, the cloud projections above the lift hill building entrance not only are a bit rubbish, but reveal the ceiling).

Next, and this isn't so much a complaint as a confusion, they've taken the wench for a bride auction (in French of course) sign down which I don't understand as it makes the situation a bit clearer (I'm presuming the audio in the ride is discernible to French folk). Also, I must admit, the AA swordfighting pirates looked absoloutely terrible, their swords being about 50ft away from each other but with swiping and clinking sounds playing loud and clear. It was almost funny!
    I'm so glad you mentioned the visible ceiling. I thought I was the only one bothered by this. I understand that some glare and reflection is unavoidable, but it seems a lot less noticeable in Anaheim. The ceiling seems to be of the tiled type popular with offices all around the world, and you can really tell at certain points. When I was there in '93, I thought we were supposed to be in some sort of large cave. Granted, I wasn't the sort of child who got a lot of gold stars in class.

At the Blue Lagoon, you can't see the ceiling because there are lights directly above you, which cause you eyes to adjust to them, leaving anything behind it in utter blackness (kind of like how you can't see the audience when you're on a brightly lit stage). Perhaps that could fix it.

But I've gone off on a tangent again. Thanks for the report. Do post pictures (and make up for my inane trash can collection)! What hotel were you staying at again by the way?

PS -- Were the sword fighting animatronics ever any better? When the park opened, these figures were bragged about at every opportunity.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post

PS -- Were the sword fighting animatronics ever any better? When the park opened, these figures were bragged about at every opportunity.
    Am I the only one to actually like these sword fighters? Apart from the donkey, I consider them the best AAs on the ride.
    Yes, they may be miles apart but I think that their movement is very realistic.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Realistic movement, but comically unrealistic swordfights. I mean, I thought modern fencing was a bit rubbish cos there was no blood and you were in big suits, but this is just ridiculous...hehe

• No Jazz Hands?

Heh Heh, I thought I was the only one that thought modern fencing was rubbish. Maybe the ride would be better if the pirates randomly squirted fake blood into the boats, I know I'd pay more attention! Anyway, nice trip report Fizzy. I can call you that right, I'm new here see. I recently went there too and I thought SM to be rather rough too, but in a good way. When we got off I loved it but the family, they HATED it! They said it was worse than the ultimate at Thorpe Park, I don't if any of you have been on it but trust me, it was a low blow.

• Pirate - G'har!

The Ultimate at Thorpe Park? You mean Lightwater Valley? Hmm, in that case a low blow indeed. Welcome Mr.Phogg to the wonderful world of MiceChat, well, the DLRP forum is a wonderful world but I can't speak for the others! Part 2 coming in just a few minutes!

• Pirate - G'har!

And now for the moment a couple of you may have been waiting for...THE CONTINUATION! When I left you we were tired after a long day at Disneyland but ready, oh so ready, for WDS. Two pain au chocolats prepared me for the day, and where did we head first? You know where we headed first.

The TwilightZoneTower of Terror - POSSIBLE SPOILERS-ISH MAYBE

Joined the stand-by queue straight away, I think it was posted as 40m though I can't remember, but in the end we queued for about 20 (I was genuinely surpsied, throughout the whole trip, how short ToT's queues were). Nice to see some form of garden which I believe was absent from DCA's (though I don't know). Gorgeous lobby, but we all know that. We were lucky to have our first experience of the pre-show in English - how they stuck Rod Sterling in there was extremely clever, and the whole video felt just like the real show. A creepy atmosphere set, it was time to venture on.

At this point, I would like to mention that I had no experience of ToT before this first visit, and apart from the basic principle and some details of the ride, I didn't know too much what to expect...hence I was £%@&$£ myself. And also, does anyone else think the space between the library and the boiler room smells like mushrooms?!? Anyway...the boiler room was suitably creepy with a hint of UV paint that worked nicely. I was surpsied to see an upstairs but that show how much I know. We got the edge of the back row but I don't think it matters where you sit in any way, which is just another thing that makes this ride so special.

First surprise, we moved backwards. Not expecting that but a very welcome shock. The electric ghost effect, while, granted, not perfect, worked very well, though I perhaps feel it might have been better if the image had just disappeared, but meh, it didn't matter. The corridor worked so well, the effects were astonishing, the five people, the stars, it was flawless, no hint of trickery, it just felt like digital effects you'd see in a movie. And then...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Man those drops felt forceful, not like a ring-around-a-pole drop tower, really heavy. Fantastic, thrilling but not too thrilling if you get what I mean, and a great moment when you don't know whether you're up or down and when you decide you're down you drop, so weird, so wonderful. ToT was the best attraction I have ever experienced, thrilling, immersive, s**t scary. I would also like to commend all the cast members on the ride, but particularly this one guy we got four times; eventually he asked us where we were from. I only wish I had caught his name, but he was superb, and it wasn't like 'Oh it's him again, we know what he does', it was awlays new and creepy. Bravo, that guy.

What a ride! And the new are was good too, though perhaps not quite to ToT's standard. The view exiting Studio 1 is excellent and photos don't do it justice. From inside S1, the hollywood hills seem so in the distance, it's great (though as I've mentioned before, seeing two Hollywood signs at th same time is a problem - change Studio 1 - it's easily adaptable). The buildings were purdy, a shame they only held seating and no actual eatery, but hey, I didn't mind, hopefully there's expansion yet to be done. While I loved the area, I didn't feel big enough really, I was never fully immersed, but I think they plan for the rest of production courtyard (hopefully not including the television studios which should perhaps be put in with the Backlot, maybe to be Action Studios, list, as it is more at odds with '30s Hollywood than action sequences). Cinemagique would work great as a Hollywood cinema thing, and with a relocated partners statue (it kind of hinders the view I think) a big immersive environment could be created.

Speaking of Cinemagique, no need for a full review, not as enjoyable as first time, obviously, but witty and fun, a quality Disney attraction. Now, we ventured towards the R'n'RC, which never has long queues, never. I don't get it, I don't get it at all, just like ToT. But anyhoo, not doing a full review for that either, not much to complain about apart from the ugly exterior (hopefully to be changed, eventually). Didn't do the stunt show due to its long running time, heavy waiting around and that we'd already done it, so Armageddon was next up.

Armageddon

Liked this alot more this time, the pre-show, though still kind of akwardly structured and too long, didn't feel quite as unbearable, and the main show did indeed scare me alot, but then I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to such things. Armageddon is good, even great, if you don't expect something life changing. It's good, a li'l bit scary and fun, it's just the pre-show. It would be better if just MCD's bit was shown, maybe even as part of an extended indoor queue in stead of an akward multi-lingual full CM thing.

After a surprisingly enjoyable Armageddon, Crush was posted at some ridiculous time so we bypassed it and did the tram tour. Ugh, the tram tour...

Studio Tram Tour

DESTROY THE TRAM TOUR! Ok, a little harsh maybe, but come on, it's awful it's just awful. They must have cut the video just before Jeremy Irons said "Right, do I get paid now?". Dinotopia? Reign of Fire? Huh?! Even catastrophe canyon seemed diminished somewhat and somehow, and there's no excuse for random fire in stead of a dragon AA. This is an easily changeable ride, SO CHANGE IT! Keep Reign of Fire but downplay the movie connection, keep the canyon, but relocate the station, change the route, axe the costume building (no one there again) and the stupid propyards, and add some good stuff, stuff people wanna queue FLIPPIN' 35 MINUTES FOR! Rant over. For now.

I think that covers the studios as far as the report is conerned, oh, apart from one thing...

THE 2-HOUR CRUSH'S COASTER CHAOTIC QUEUEING CATASTROPHE...3D

Ok, it's not 3D but I thought that might entice you. This actually happened on Day 3, when we thought, 'what the heck, we wanna do Crush' and joined the aparrently 75 minute queue. I promised an adventure in 3 volumes so you'll get it.

Volume 1 - Fizzog Jones and the Temple of Gloom

And it was gloomy, we burned in the sun before we even got to the turnstiles (which promised an entrance that didn't come for a while after passing through them). We were practically on the flying carpets in the massive queue. In fairness, when it moved it moved, at least until the turnstiles. The akward, on-the-side sheltered queue offered little in the way of visual pleasure and went back and forth frustratingly. The queues for this ride will probably not go down, so they need to fix this rubbish queue, which is rubbish from the flying carpets entrance to the indoor entrance. Not pleasant. Bearable, but not pleasant.

Volume 2 - The Lord of the Fizzogs : The Two Breakdowns

We reached the inside; things were looking hopeful. We could see the cars, we were up the stairs, and then, and then...rain. Incredibly heavy rain. And because of one little measley bit of outdoor track, the entire thing stopped. Disaster. A 75 minute queue had just gotten longer. The main lights illuminated the station area, gone were the warm pinks of the sunset harbour, in with the bright warehouse lights. Music stopped. People groaned. A long, I'd say at least 20 minutes later and I started a round of applause and a cheer as the ride came back online (I love starting stuff like that). We were so ready to ride, we went up and down the stairs listening to the spiel to many times, and as we reached the bottom of the stairs, excited...drip......drop.....drip...drop..drip.dro p*splatter*splatter*. More intense rain. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! One lousy bit of the ride. We all despaired. A shorter period of no action, ok, but perhaps more horrible. One advantage, and it was a crappy one, was that we could take some better snaps with brighter lights. Big deal. Anyhoo, the ride started again, less enthuasiastic cheers. We were ready to ride. Boy, were we ready to ride.

Volume 3 - Crush Wars Episode III : A *Phew* Hope

Finally, on the ride. And now for the review. Crush is a great ride I think, an E-Ticket no question. The only thing I would say is that I wanted the jellyfish/angler fish to, well, do something in stead of hang there like museum exhibits, whereas Bruce worked well despite a lack of movement, though it would have been nice. There was less of a wait on the brake run this time so, unlike before, not too much of the coaster-in-a-dark-warehouse-obviously was revealed. Nothing is 2 hours good, but at least it gave some sweet satisfaction at the end of a hellish queue. Thank goodness I had my mini-fan.

Right, just the final things now as Day 3 was doing everything we wanted again., though we dined at Planet Hollywood on Day 3, and I have to say, while the food wa good, the place was horrendous. And I mean horrendous. Not dirty, not horrible staff, just ugly. I was expecting this whole glamorous thing with movie props and hollywood magic, but it was like a bad overblown diner with hideous colours and minimal recognizable props. The wall of stars was outdated and faded, and the same goes for the outside. Not only hideous but stuck in the past, this place needs a serious looking at. I was kinda gutted. But oh well. Life goes on!

Day 3 also was nighttime parade/fireworks time...and what an improvement! The bloated Candlebration was mercifully shortened to a brief intro, then the lighting then straight into the fireworks, which it was nice to see some pops and crackles in though aparrently not as many as there was meant to have been :S. I preferred the weak but present 'narrative drive' of Wishes to the seeming just-a-firework-show-ness of Enchanted, and ultimate I reckon I preferred the previous show, if only for the wonderful shooting star effect, but a combination of Wishes great concept and Enchanted's actually good and impressive fireworks they could be onto a winner. And Fantillusion. Well, mixed feelings. It is spectacular and colourful, yes, but I have to faults. One, the second float doesn't do anything. It's an oval-shaped gazebo with tinsel curtains and nothing happens. No doubt some Tokyo Disneyland lover will step in informing me that something did happen in Japan but we've been through all that. Second, I was thrilled to get a great view of the Maleficent float when it stopped, only to be envious of Jafar's snake just up the road as our float did nothing. She descended, there was dramatic music, she ascended. I'd be saying, "Sorry, sorry about that..." if I was her. This really shouldn't happen, I'm sure most peope were utterly bemused and let down. What a shame. But then again, the stops in this parade were always akward, and I'm sure they were akward in Tokyo though I'll probably be stoned for saying that. Still, mixed feelings for a parade that, well, doesn't quite work. I miss the MSEP!

Well that's it I think, if there's anything else I can remember I'll post it, but I hope you've enjoyed this report (said with a Colbert-style silent 't' in honour of him I've decided), and any questions or anything etc. Oh, and the hotel was the Kyriad in Torcy.

• Empress of Randomness

Really good trip report!
    The queues for Crush were indeed crazy!

The TwilightZoneTower of Terror - POSSIBLE SPOILERS-ISH MAYBE

I would also like to commend all the cast members on the ride, but particularly this one guy we got four times; eventually he asked us where we were from. I only wish I had caught his name, but he was superb, and it wasn't like 'Oh it's him again, we know what he does', it was awlays new and creepy. Bravo, that guy.
    Was this guy tall and thin with dark hair and when he was saying keep your arms hands legs and feet inside the elevator at all times did he point to them all??

• Hola Yola!

I'm so glad you mentioned the visible ceiling. I thought I was the only one bothered by this. I understand that some glare and reflection is unavoidable, but it seems a lot less noticeable in Anaheim. The ceiling seems to be of the tiled type popular with offices all around the world, and you can really tell at certain points. When I was there in '93, I thought we were supposed to be in some sort of large cave. Granted, I wasn't the sort of child who got a lot of gold stars in class.
    YES! Add me to the "I'm so glad you mentioned this" list!

When I was there in May I noticed the light reflecting quite clearing off the ceiling a few times and wondered if they couldn't cover that up a bit better. It's not a massive thing, but it does really break any kind of illusion when you look up and see black industrial roofing above you.

I'd also be interesting to know about this. I'd heard so much about them over the years, but to be honest they looked a little cheesy as they clearly weren't even coming close to touching swords.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast