• Hitchhiker

200,000,000th guest in DLP

On 12th of August at 11.00 o'clock DLRP got its 200,000,000th visitor since opening in 1992. Here're two official press pictures from EDL s.c.a. where you can see Vice President of EDL s.c.a. François Banon, the celebrated family from Provence with Mickey and Minnie.

Photos: (C) EDL s.c.a. press center
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Thumbs down Re: 200,000,000th guest in DLP

The family received a free Annual Passport to come and spend some more money for a year.They also got a free night stay at one of the Disney hotels, they didn't say wich one. But probably Santa Fé

• Pirate - G'har!

Re: 200,000,000th guest in DLP

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof View Post
    The family received a free Annual Passport to come and spend some more money for a year.They also got a free night stay at one of the Disney hotels, they didn't say wich one. But probably Santa Fé
    How cynical of you Kristof...but probably true hehe. If it had been someone from California, for whom DLRP was a lifetime trip, a free night's stay and Annual Passport wouldn't perhaps be the best possible prizes...but I guess that's just luck. Pretty bad if you already had an annual passport too...or were staying in the hotel NY and got a free night at the Sante Fe...this is a potential disaster...now I'm cynical...

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    How cynical of you Kristof...but probably true hehe. If it had been someone from California, for whom DLRP was a lifetime trip, a free night's stay and Annual Passport wouldn't perhaps be the best possible prizes...but I guess that's just luck. Pretty bad if you already had an annual passport too...or were staying in the hotel NY and got a free night at the Sante Fe...this is a potential disaster...now I'm cynical...
    It probably would not have been an American. As Anthony from MagicForum noted; they were probably not so much the exact 200,000,000th guests as the perfect French family to cross the turnstiles on a perfect sunny day nearest the 200,000,000th guest.

• Banned User

The only issue I have with these special announcements are the press value they have. Disney chooses whatever family comes thru the turnstyles that fit the "idea" of a clean cut Disney family and bestows on them this fake title, just to brag about the park for publicity. I wonder who the actual 200,000,000th poor guest really was.. who went totally unrecognized.

Why so cynical everybody? The family got to stay at the new Empire State Club at Hotel New York, the newest and most luxuriest place to stay at the resort.

And besides, this is great news and explains why the parks had a special offer during high season for passholders to bring friends along for just 15 euro's: getting to put out this press release is the perfect way to illustrate how well the parks are doing; Untill like about a year ago, the only news to be picked up by newspapers around Europe on the resort was negative, mostly about the financial state.

The start of the 15th anniversary marked the first positive-only news about the parks and with good financial reports and news like this, the positive articles just keep coming.

It's news-bits like these that might very well mean the difference between new rides or slow years...!

• Banned User

You are absolutely correct... but I personally wish these promotional stunts weren't so.. staged.

• Pirate - G'har!

I know what you mean, I understand why they've done it, but it does unsettle me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof View Post
    They only had an annual pass hum i thought they would have a Life Time Pass to DIsneyland Paris .

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Quote Originally Posted by michielv View Post
    Untill like about a year ago, the only news to be picked up by newspapers around Europe on the resort was negative, mostly about the financial state.

The start of the 15th anniversary marked the first positive-only news about the parks and with good financial reports and news like this, the positive articles just keep coming.
    You are absolutely right. Until a little more than a year ago most of the Dutch newspapers only brought negative news. Even a positive thing like for example the opening of Buzz would end up in the papers like: The themepark Euro Disney (), which is in great financial trouble since its opening in 1992, is about to open a new attraction. Etc, etc.

Somehow since the start of the 15th anniveray, the tone in the Dutch media has become more and more positive.

So although I doubt that this family is actually the real 200th mln. guest and it does feel a little staged, it is actually good publicity.

• Pirate - G'har!

All publicity is good publicity! Actually, in DLRP's case, maybe not...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I wonder who the actual 200,000,000th poor guest really was.. who went totally unrecognized.
    It was actually the week before. And the person was.... Fizzy!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I think I just might cry

• Banned User

I would sue instead.