• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

DLP with the Baloos Day 2

Well after the late night it was up the next morning, with a day at WDSP, swimming and Buffalo Bill's Wild West show followed by a romantic view of the fireworks from our room!!!!

The Studios were really busy, and the waits for Crush were silly. At least they weren't trying anything silly like Fastpass for it (sadly later in the week they did, and if ever I saw a reason to get ride of fastpass, that was it!!!!).

We really enjoyed the shows as always, and the new enhancements of the park shows that things are getting better and better. Tower has really made a positive difference.

I wonder if I actually prefer WDSP to DLP. Ok, maybe not quite, but wow, it is becoming a great little park.

We had a great day, and then dressed up in our Western Gear for Buffalo Bills (they made a few noticeable cutbacks for regulars, but nothing virgins would recognise). We met a huge family from the States and they loved it (they were a little cynical before the show, coming from Atlanta and Orange County Ca, but they loved it). And the French family next to us gave the show a stand ovation. The kids loved it too.

And me, I can't watch it without the darned ending bringing a little tear to my eye!

Into the Village, we were terribly disappointed with the generic merchandise in the Western Store, a sign they want to kill what used to be the resort's best themed store.

We had a couple of Mojito's and children's virgin cocktails in our hotel bar with souvenir glasses. Bit of sticker shock though - 39 Euro (32, $64). But they were good and the glasses are lovely.

But watching the fireworks from our room was sublime.

Here are more details and pics:
    http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/I.jsp?...localeid=en_GB
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• second star to the right

Re: DLP with the Baloos Day 2

My friends are off to Disneyland Paris soon, silly question ... but is the Buffalo Bill show in English or French?

They don't speak a word of French, how difficult - or easy, will it be to navigate themselves for a week in the park?

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell1962 View Post
    My friends are off to Disneyland Paris soon, silly question ... but is the Buffalo Bill show in English or French?

They don't speak a word of French, how difficult - or easy, will it be to navigate themselves for a week in the park?
    As far as I can remember, Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show is pretty much in English, with French translations thrown in here and there.

But it's always a good idea to memorize a few basic words and phrases, especially outside the Resort. Not just because it's polite, but the French have a way of suddenly not understanding a word of English when approached by stereotypically loud and rude Americans ("I WANT TO USE LE TELEPHONE").

Buffalo Bill's is in both english and french, but is one of the things where mainly english is used.

As for the rest of the resort, it is fine for non french speakers. All written material is bi-lingual, maps can be obtained in English, most cast members speak English, and the shows/attractions either tend to be bi-lingual or they will post different showtimes dependent on the language (Lion King/Stitch Live). Sometimes music is used to help tell the story instead (e.g. we do not have a ghost host in Phantom Manor but an orchestral score instead). some things are all in English, others all in French.

And attractions like Animation and Honey I Shrunk the Audience have headsets for translation.

I know many people who do not speak French and have a blast. Personally I speak some French, fluent German, a little Spanish and a smidge of Italian, so I like practicing when I go.

I have to admit, just starting with "parler vous anglais?" will really make a huge difference.

They are very well seasoned and kind (and have a ton of common sense) when they travel and have the basics down pat like where ... is the bathroom, telephone, please, thank you, etc. They are not "ugly" Americans when overseas.

They were just wondering about the park itself. They spend a lot of time in Anaheim and were wondering about the shows and attractions and how bilingual things actually were. She figured the maps and menus would have translations. They speak Spanish fluently and I'm sure when in doubt they can transition over to Spanish if needed.

BTW, Dave I just LOVE your latest trip reports!! Your kids are adorable - I too worried about my kids not keeping the "Disney Magic" as they get older. They are now 14 and 15 and the Magic is alive and well!!!

Spanish is spoken by a few, but it it is Castillian spanish which is quite different than North and South American spanish. But I am sure they will be fine.

As frequent DLers, I am sure they will love the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell1962 View Post
    BTW, Dave I just LOVE your latest trip reports!! Your kids are adorable - I too worried about my kids not keeping the "Disney Magic" as they get older. They are now 14 and 15 and the Magic is alive and well!!!
    thank you for the very kind words. I am being cautious, because my 17 y o brother hates everything associated with Disney without exception.

My 15 y o brother won't even mention the D word.

and my 12 y o brother is embarrassed to admit he likes disney

My 15 year old daughter still wears some Disney t-shirts (along with black eyeliner!!) and my fashion-eee-sta 14 year old with the black & red colored hair and a lip piercing still loves Disneyland. Once in a great while they'll even change the radio stations from the alternative rock stuff to Radio Disney!!

I figure as long as they go to school, get good grades *both AP/honor students* keep out of trouble and still go to Disneyland with me, I don't fight with them on hair color and piercings. Those things can be changed and removed. Better than having a probation officer!

• Banned User

I have not seen the Buffalo Bill show since November 1992... time to go back! I remember they had the best chili I had ever had!! I wonder if that is still the case..

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I have not seen the Buffalo Bill show since November 1992... time to go back! I remember they had the best chili I had ever had!! I wonder if that is still the case..
    The Chilli and corn bread is still very good, just slightly smaller quantities.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice pictures!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey