• Banned User

DLP photos from my recent trip on Aug 29th.

Just got back from Paris after spending a few hours at the resort on Aug 29th.. While I always enjoy going to DLP, I honestly believe there is lots of room for improvement in some areas... Space Mountain Mission 2 was a bit disappointing to me as I expected more from this refurbishment (honestly I like what they did to DL's Space Mountain instead)
    I have some concerns about DLP's maintenance and mind you... I don't go into parks looking for bad things but when they are so apparent to the eye, I can't help but document them in hopes that some one in charge will see this and effect some positive change.
    Here are some pics I took last monday... call it the Good, the bad and the plain unsightly. Pains me terribly because DLP is one heck of a beautiful park... Mercifully the good still outweights the bad...but this is *Disney* and there has got to be a miminum standard..

I think DLP is going thru a Pressler/Harris era at this poin in time. maybe we should send Ouimett back there to fix this park??
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...&a=31881016&f=

Re: DLP photos from my recent trip on Aug 29th.

that's what i said a few months ago . Send Ouimett after his work at Disneyland in California to Disneyland Paris that would great for us .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Riding Big Thunder

IMO, the problems with DLRP aren't really the managment (although they could improve.) I think the problems are mainly with the many ignorant and rude guests at the resort.
    Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!

• Membre

Thanks for sharing your pics, they are great!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by riding_big_thunder
    IMO, the problems with DLRP aren't really the managment (although they could improve.) I think the problems are mainly with the many ignorant and rude guests at the resort.
    I will agree that guests do their part to destroy the park, but management also need to be blamed for not having enough CMs out there to enforce what should be commom sense. Also,, there seems to be this "princess" attitude among europeans that for some reason, they don't think it's their duty to return their trash to the proper garbage cans once they finish eating. This is prevalent in their habits and I see it done at WDW as well when they are here on a 'holiday'... It unnerves me to see them walk away leaving their tables trashed for other to enjoy. It would not be too bad if DLP management had enough CMs cleaning up on a constant basis but that didn't appear to tbe the case at most restaurants I visited. Some one needs to remind the euro guests...."your mom does not work here! Clean up after yourself!"

• Former Epcot CM

The guests of the resort could be the dirtiest people in the world - but management are there to make sure their trash is cleaned up. In no way whatsoever am I authorising litter dropping, it is a disgusting habit, but you cannot exactly change the guests the way you can change management.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

It sickens me to see this, i wanna scream at them, how dare they, its not like this here at DLR, ours, is always clean, there are cutodial workers EVERYWHERE, they even like company when you talk to them!!!!! anyways, the more i see DLP's castle the more it looks slanted, anyone else notice this? the tallest tower is crocked!!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

thanks for the pics TDL. I've never been to Euro Disney though. I talked to someone the other day who has been there, but i have not.

I see what you mean but before all Europeans are generalized I want to step in here. First of all it's high season, the parks are very busy and it's the management's cost cutting that probably causes the restaurants to run with fewer people. I think it's more than logical to have a CM taking care of an outside eating area and cleaning up tables. Not all Europeans are used to take away places and with the prices they pay I think most guests expect the staff to clean after them. The standing on the grass in intolerable but again: have CM's to take care of that. One good warning to the first to step onto them will warn the other visitors. This is typical 'herd behaviour' once some people are on them more are following.

Also: the parcs have had major rehab, they are still working on them. Much, much better than anything in the Pressler era, the rehabs almost look like the 50th celebration ones. Adventureland has had some major rehabs, Discoveryland was repainted, Mainstreet was. The Disneyland hotel is in the process of being repainted, the Sequoia Lodge's front, New Port Bayclub is at this moment and so on (a lot is going on). If you want people to behave good you need to have some kind of 'punishment', have a CM point it out and make people aware.

• Banned User

The Disneyland lights, mildew, and peeling paint problems are really bad! That is not acceptable for it being the most expensive hotel on property.