• Prepare for Blast Off!

Question Crowds for Weekend 19th-21st September

Hi everybody,

I'm a long time reader of MiceChat, and specially DLRP forums here (as this is my most frequently visited park being near home -Madrid-).

Next weekend 19th-21st September I'll be visiting for the first time with the whole family. I know the parks and resorts pretty well, but it'll be the first time for my parents and brothers. I would like to make some planning in order to maximize the visit as much as possible without making it stressful...

so, to the question... do any of you have an idea how crowdy the resort is expected to be in this 19th-21st weekend?.

thanks in advance for your help!!
    Rafa!

PS. any tip will be welcomed (as said above I've always been there with friends/couple... never with the family).

Re: Crowds for Weekend 19th-21st September

Busy especialy on Saturday because last weekend of the 2 Fer Tickets and Hotels fully booked and Cast Member Block Out on this weekend .

Make sure you grab a Fast Pass for Most E Tickets like Peter Pan first then Big Thunder and then Space Mtn .

Star Tours and Indy are linked together but separated from other attractions . Then Head to the Studios to ride TOT and RNRC and Cinemagique and hum i dont you ll figure once you re here.

• Prepare for Blast Off!

thanks for the info bopazot :-S.... looks like clever planning will be required...

may I ask an additional question?. It's about EMH... I'll be staying at Sequoia Lodge.... EMH right now is two hours ahead of official opening time... that is 08.00am, right?. But only Fantasyland is opened for EMH, isn't it?.

Will Peter Pan be opened from 08.00 to 10.00?. If yes, I can do this in the extra time (that I guess will be slightly less busy than rest of the day).

Also, what is the "CM Block Out"?.

thanks again for your help,

cheers!,
    Rafa!

Discoveryland should also be open as of 8am, so you can enjoy your first rides in Space Mountain before the long lines start to appear. I can tell from personal experience that there is hardly any line these mornings, you are in the train within minutes, even in the busy summer seasons. Also, don't be mad if you want to ride Space Mountain again and there is no-one standing at the station; out of safety precautions you will need to do the entire queue again...

Peter Pan should also be opened during the EMH, so my advice is to do this ride as well in the morning, since throughout the day there is always a long, looong queue.

And finally, CM Block Out means Cast Member Block Out day, which is a day where they predict it to be so busy that Cast Members are not allowed to visit the park with friends on their free passes.
    ex-DLRP Space Mountain CM!

• Banned User

I just wanted to say... "Hola Rafa!".

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    Busy especialy on Saturday because last weekend of the 2 Fer Tickets and Hotels fully booked and Cast Member Block Out on this weekend .
    Most hotels still have vacancy for weekend, NPBC and DLH being nearly full.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Prepare for Blast Off!

Talking Re: Crowds for Weekend 19th-21st September

Hi everybody,

first of all thanks for your replies and help...

@zarniwoop, if there's still vacancy for the weekend, then hopefully won't be as worst as I thought it may be...

@tdlfan, hola!, cool pictures of the parks in your dotphoto site... the HKDL ones remind me of the great time I spent there

@jorn, thanks for your clarifications on Disney terms.... I didn't know about the CM Block Out Days. I used to love Space Mountain, back in 1999 -my first visit to the park-.... but recently visits have proved the ride is lackluster to me (specially compared with the rest of SMs around the world). SM in Paris has potential to be the best, but it needs some serious fixes on the vekoma vehicles and the sound system (and bring back to old soundtrack and theme, pleeeeease . In any case my father (he loves Sci-Fi things, just like me) is willing to take a ride, so we'll go for one... and no more :P.

Thanks again folks!, If I have any additional question, or you have any additional tip for a "family oriented" trip I'll be all ears ).

cheers!,
    Rafa!

• Banned User

Los hombres espanoles son muy guapos.

Quote Originally Posted by imageneer View Post
    @jorn, thanks for your clarifications on Disney terms.... I didn't know about the CM Block Out Days. I used to love Space Mountain, back in 1999 -my first visit to the park-.... but recently visits have proved the ride is lackluster to me (specially compared with the rest of SMs around the world). SM in Paris has potential to be the best, but it needs some serious fixes on the vekoma vehicles and the sound system (and bring back to old soundtrack and theme, pleeeeease . In any case my father (he loves Sci-Fi things, just like me) is willing to take a ride, so we'll go for one... and no more :P.
    I understand!
    Too bad though, cause Space Mountain is really one of the greatest rides and if you know exactly when to keep your head away from the headrest (just after the looping), it's not so bad. But then again, I might be biased!

Another tip; if you visit the Studios as well: do Crush's Coaster OR right after opening at 10am OR go stand in line just 10 min before closing. The queue is looong the entire day, but if you manage to get in line just before 19h00, they have to finish the entire queue and you save valuable 'park opening time'! No Fastpasses though, besides the test now and then...
    ex-DLRP Space Mountain CM!

• Prepare for Blast Off!

Hi everybody,

thanks again for your help,

@jorn: yeah, vibrance in SM has never been SO annoying to me, but all people in my groups has always complained about how nasty it was... of course they're not such a crazy rollercoaster fan as I am... Most annoying thing for me is the lack of theme in the new SM:MII, the soundtrack, and all the failures in the sound systems. Thanks for the trip for Crush.... I really like this ride, but the queue is horrible (first time I visited I waited 45 minutes -last year-, this june I waited 75 minutes.... just too much for a 2 minutes ride).

@tdlfan: thanks!!!! :-)