• Membre

DLRP 2009-2010 : The party goes on!

More information www.disneygazette.fr on the upcoming events at Disneyland Resort Paris.

- "It's Dance Time in Discoveryland" with Stitch (that doesn't sound too good to me)
    - Party Time with Mickey & Friends : new show at Central Plaza stage.
    - Minnie's Party Train (I already saw this train before... )
    - Disney's Stars 'n' cars (formerly known as "Disney's stars and motor cars parade", I hope it won't be an ultra diet version of the original)

More + Pictures :
    http://www.disneygazette.fr/nouveaut...9-news-23.html

Image : http://www.disneygazette.fr/
    Last edited by Olivier; 09-15-2008 at 06:31 AM.

• is satisfactual.

Re: DLRP 2009-2010 : The party goes on!

That Stars 'N' Cars artwork looks great! Very different from what Euro Disney usually churns out. As for the actual events... Yes, they don't look or sound too spectacular. And I am already dreading the Central Plaza stages. But we'll see.

• Geoff London

The Stars & Cars parade is the worst I've ever seen at Disney MGM Studios (now Hollywood Studios) so I can't imagine it's going to be any better at W D Studios. It needs to be beefed up otherwise it's just characters sitting in stylised cars - plain and simple. It's no where near as glitzy as that poster makes it out to be and there are certainly no fireworks. Just not one of my favourite parades.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    The Stars & Cars parade is the worst I've ever seen at Disney MGM Studios (now Hollywood Studios) so I can't imagine it's going to be any better at W D Studios. It needs to be beefed up otherwise it's just characters sitting in stylised cars - plain and simple. It's no where near as glitzy as that poster makes it out to be and there are certainly no fireworks. Just not one of my favourite parades.
    It is just characters sitting in stylized cars, but it's not awful as a low key parade, is it?

But I always think surroundings are a huge part of a parade, and while Florida's Hollywood Boulevard is a perfectly pleasant little environment, I'm not sure how it would look at (most of) the Walt Disney Studios.

Which brings me to my reasoning why this particular parade might actually be a good fit the the Walt Disney Studios it's different enough from the Once Upon a Dream Parade to not look ridiculously inferior to it. It would have looked a lot more pathetic if they'd created a "Once Upon a Hollywood Dream" parade or similar.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

The Stars & Cars parade is the worst I've ever seen at Disney MGM Studios (now Hollywood Studios) so I can't imagine it's going to be any better at W D Studios
    Stars N Cars will not be a parade, but instead a meet and greet very similar to the Good Morning WDS cavalcade.

While non of these additions sound amazing, I still must praise the Resort for coming up with something new for next year, instead of just rolling out the usual entertainment offerings. I don't expect much from Mickey's Magical Celebration, but I'm still probarely going to make the special trip out to Paris just to see this, and is that not the whole point to this celebration, an excuse to come back.

• i heart plunging v-necks

if the stitch dance party is going to replace the lion king show i'll be really sad.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Banned User

All these news are only inducing a huge YAWN from me... Maybe they should keep celebrating the 15th until the 20th comes around....

• Senior Minion

The artwork for all of these posters is good but the actual content is hardly earth-shattering. The appearance of Timon and Rafiki on the Mickey and Friends poster does suggest that The Legend of The Lion King may be coming to an end and being replaced by a Stitch-based fiasco.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    if the stitch dance party is going to replace the lion king show i'll be really sad.
    Its expected to return later on down the line. Lets face it Stitch Dance Party is only going to be a tempory addition anyway, so we shouldn't be expecting much from this show. I would much rather see this type of show in the Videopolis than the Lion King anyway, as the venue is better suited. Lion King is a first class production and its an insult for it to be set in what is really best described as a fast food restaurant like Mcdonalds.

• Prepare for Blast Off!

hi,

the new events don't look quite spectacular...

what has dancing to do with Discoveryland?????. Damn, it's horrible!!!. Who decides all this stuff?. Do they have any background in Disney, theme parks, etc...?

I agree with previous opinions that the artwork for Stars'n'Cars looks great... I wouldn't mind having one of those at home .

cheers!,
    Rafa!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by imageneer View Post

what has dancing to do with Discoveryland?????. !
    Nothing, except that is where their best performance venue is situated. (Although by all accounts Jules Verne could cut a mean rug!)

Stitch's Dance Party is likely to little more than Mickey's Musical Fiasco (perhaps not its actual title) that preceded LotLK. CMs singing Disney standards and rubberheads prancing about to backing tracks. Doubt they will need to distribute tickets for that one.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

I do hope next summerseasson there is going to be a little show before the (enchanted) fireworks, something with mickey and something with lights and projections on the castle, since the show departement is at his best at the moment

actually, I thought I would never say this, but I feel sad that candelebration (or whatever!) will be gone next year

• Banned User

The only thing that looks somewhat exciting is Stars 'n Cars.