Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DLRP Trip Report - 09/07 - 09/07/2008

We (my girlfriend Claudia and I) just returned from our recent trip to DLRP. It was my fourth trip to DLRP and our second Disney trip this year (WDW in January)
    We stayed at the Santa Fe Hotel for 6 nights with 5 days of park entry.We had a marvellous time, like always. Although we enjoyed every minute of our time in the parks, we figured out that four days are perfect for us, since we are more organized then. We really like the Santa Fe, but after three times in a row it’s really time for a change now. So for our next trip we plan to stay in the Sequoia Lodge.

So here we go with my trip report:

Arrival

We started our journey at 7:00am and after a looooong 10 hour drive we arrived finally at Disneyland. We checked in at the Santa Fe (Room was nice and clean as always) and then walked over to Disney Village, where we were happy about the improvements they made about it. Dinner was at Annette’s Diner, where we both ordered the veggie burger which was very tasty, although the portion was huge! After checking out the merchandise (imo so much nicer than in WDW) and a few drinks at the Sport’s Bar we walked back to the hotel and went to bed early.

Day 1 in the Parks

We woke up very early to make full use of the EMH. So we had breakfast at 7:00 which was nice and quiet. When we left the dining hall there was a huge queue outside so we were happy that we got the earliest breakfast slot.
    When we entered Disneyland Park we were so happy to be back in “our” park because we didn’t have the nice “Disney feeling” at the Magic Kingdom in WDW (which was the last Disney park we visited). It was so nice to be “home” again.
    After staring at the castle for a while we entered Discovery Land and went on Buzz Lightyear, and then on to Space Mountain, which we rode two times! Unfortunately our experience was very bumpy, I’m not sure if that’s just our personal impression, anyone else has noticed that too?
    After having a little snack in the Cable Car Bakeshop we went to the Guest Relations to make some reservations for restaurants. Unfortunately we were told that Walt’s was closed ALL WEEK LONG! NOOO! So we were a little disappointed by that since it’s our favorite restaurant. We headed over to the Studios, and were shocked by the huge queue in front of Crush’s Coaster that was all through the park back to Hollywood Boulevard. It wasn’t even open yet!
    Claudia didn’t feel very well that day so we decided to go back to the hotel so she could have a little nap. After that we returned to Disneyland Park and had lunch at the Pizzeria Bella Notte. We’ve never been to this restaurant, but the theming is so nice. I had the four cheese pizza and Claudia had the Pasta Neapolitana. We enjoyed a very quiet lunch since it was only 12:00.

In the afternoon we enjoyed our favorite rides: Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor (which was a little disappointing compared the updated version in WDW. Time for an update, folks!). Then we went over the Studios again and rode the Tower of Terror, which is just brilliant!!! We loved it. And the Cast Members were just amazing, they did such a good job – very creepy.

We had dinner at Au Chalet de la Marionette. We both had the salad with cheese, which was ok. One word of warning: Don’t try to sit outside (especially in the afternoon). They have some serious issues with the restrooms nearby, and so the wind brought over an awful smell. We escaped to the other side of Fantasyland.
    We watched Candlebration, but the show was disappointing, first of all you couldn’t see the lights at the Castle and they re-used the Parade Music and second it was very short. After leaving the park we had some drinks at the Sports Bar and then went back to the hotel.

Photos will follow later!!
    Last edited by Dagobert; 09-16-2008 at 07:52 AM.

Re: DLRP Trip Report - 09/07 - 09/07/2008

First day in the parks:

The Walt Disney Studios:

Back at Disneyland Park:

Back to WDSP:

This was the first day at DLRP. The next part will follow tomorrow.

• Membre

Great pics and report. I love Annette's too.
    Looks like you had a schön weather too.

• World Traveler

Wonderful pictures and report!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Lovely pictures... can't wait to see the rest!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Senior Minion

Great photos - you obviously did get to the parks quite early to get so few people in your pictures!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• future rockstar/imagineer

great TR! can't wait to see the rest!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Then we went over the Studios again and rode the Tower of Terror, which is just brilliant!!! We loved it. And the Cast Members were just amazing, they did such a good job – very creepy.

The French CMs do tend to be better at working at PM and ToT than anywhere else.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Second Day in the Park

We had breakfast again at 7:00am and headed over to the park just in time for the Extra Magic Hours. We enjoyed our favorite rides in Fantasyland – Tea Cups, it’s a small world, Pinocchio and Peter Pan. Then we went over to the Studios because we really wanted to ride Crush’s Coaster! So we were in line for 45min and then they told us that they had technical difficulties and that they wouldn’t open the ride. Arghh! We also had a really bad experience with another guest. A guy with his kid tried to get in line right in front of us. He just skipped half of the Crush line (which was again insanely long). Needless to say he wasn’t very successful in his attempt and ended up somewhere in the back. I can’t believe how rude some people are. Fortunatley, this was the only case of bad guest behavior we’ve seen during our stay.

After this disappointing experience at Crush’s we went back to Disneyland Park and had a little snack at the Salon Mickey, since I’m a new shareholder. Yay! Very nice.

Later we returned to the Studios and there was only a short queue in front of Crush (30 minutes). So we got in line and finally were able to enjoy this fun ride!! And then we rode it again! Whoohoo! Two time Crush’s Coaster in a row – I am really proud, haha!

We took a little break at the Hollywood boulevard. With all the new additions, this part of the park is now such a nice spot to sit down and relax a little. We tried the Perrier “Cocktails” which come in yummy flavors and very bright colors. And we met Goofy as Bellhopper! J

We returned to the Disneyland Park just in time for a late lunch at the Blue Lagoon. I was a little sceptical about this restaurant as it gets so many bad reviews. But we had an amazing time there, the service was excellent, the food was very yummy and you really can’t beat the setting!! I had the Mahi-Mahi fish and my girlfriend (who is a vegetarian, by the way) had the pasta. We shared the goat cheese as an appetizer and the Creme Brulée as a dessert. So good! If anyone is interested in food pics, I can post them.

After dinner we were a little tired and very full, so we just walked through the park and enjoyed the atmosphere. Then we walked over to Disney Village because we’ve found out that they have a Happy Hour at King Ludwig’s – two beers for the price of one! So we had to try that. After a nice evening in the village we went back to the hotel.

Pictures:

More to come!

Back in DLP:

Part three tomorrow!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report, can't wait to see the rest!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Don't mess with the duck!

Good report and pics! Looking forward to more.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Thank you for the great report and beautiful pictures!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

So here we go: Day 3

On our third day we were really tired and our feet were sore. We had an early breakfast and then made full use of the EMH. After the other lands opened we headed over to BTM and to our joy we discovered that Fuente del Oro was open! That was the first time I’ve seen this place open! We walked through Frontierland and suddenly saw Minnie Mouse at Woody’s Round-Up. And the queue was really short, so of course I had to get a picture with the two girls! We also took a picture with Woody.
    We had an early lunch at the Fuente del Oro, and it was very yummy. Everything was fresh and was a nicevarietyto the usual burgers and pizzas in the park.
    After lunch we rode the PotC and then just strolled around the park as we were so tired. We had some delicious Ben & Jerry’s ice cream (my favorite flavor is Cookie Dough, my girlfriend loves Phish Food).
    After a quick look at the Mary Poppin’s show and the picture with one of the cute penguins we walked to the Studios to our favorite attraction: The Tower, of course!
    We also rode Rock’n’Roller Coaster. It’s so sad that there are no people at this attraction, we basically always walked through. Also the pre-show seems shorter. But the ride is smoother than Space Mountain. We also watched Animagique, the cutest show ever.
    It was our first time to do the Art of Disney Animation, during the last trips we were just not interested in that. I have no idea why, it’s such a cute little exhibition and we loved the Animation Academy! We’ve drawn pretty nice Winnies and Mickeys. How fun!
    We headed back to Disneyland Park to watch the Parade (as you can see, we made full use of the Park Hopper Ticket). The floats that were in the Parade were really nice and we liked their smell, but we didn’t like the music so much.
    We had an early dinner at Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, and tried the really good Omelette Burger. Then we walked back to the hotel, had a nap and a shower and then we went back to the Disney Village for a nice evening.

Pics:

More to come!

Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade:

Day 4 will follow tomorrow.

Thanks for all replies and compliments.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast