Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1

    • The Darkness to Light
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,557

    The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    Was getting into the Halloween mood by watching some of the old videos of attractions from overseas, and remembered that there was a "ride-thru mix" of Phantom Manor narrated by the late and great Vincent Price.

    The thing is, I can't find it anymore. I found video using it, but I cannot find a CD or (gasp) a MP3 of it anywhere.

    Is that track gone forever? I know his narration was replaced, leaving just his trademark laugh in the ride, but I'm just curious as to his narration recording.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Was getting into the Halloween mood by watching some of the old videos of attractions from overseas, and remembered that there was a "ride-thru mix" of Phantom Manor narrated by the late and great Vincent Price.

    The thing is, I can't find it anymore. I found video using it, but I cannot find a CD or (gasp) a MP3 of it anywhere.

    Is that track gone forever? I know his narration was replaced, leaving just his trademark laugh in the ride, but I'm just curious as to his narration recording.
    On the Haunted Mansion CD available at DL and WDW, this narration is one of the tracks.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    I only got to hear the Vincent Price narration the first time I rode Phantom Manor.. Greatly missed, but I do enjoy the french ghost host as well...

  4. #4

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    Wasn't it on that Haunted Mansion fan site? Doombuggies.com I believe?

  5. #5

    • The Darkness to Light
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,557

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Wasn't it on that Haunted Mansion fan site? Doombuggies.com I believe?
    It is/was. They have a 20 minute "walk thru" mix similar to the track that is used for the Haunted Mansion track on the DLR 50th box set. I'd love to have that track, but the quality of it is compressed to where you can't appreciate the richness of the orchistration of the music and the macab tone in Price's laugh.

    yoyoflamingo, I'll check out the CD you mentioned and see if it is actually on it. I haven't had much luck finding this track, but hopefully that CD will have at least one of the versions I'm looking for.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

  6. #6

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    yoyoflamingo, I'll check out the CD you mentioned and see if it is actually on it. I haven't had much luck finding this track, but hopefully that CD will have at least one of the versions I'm looking for.
    It is on it, as I have the CD and listened to it many times.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    front seat on a Roller Coaster !
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    vincent price narration in Phantom Manor is gone forever because french people would complain a lot .

    But for those of you who rode Tower of Terror the Bellhop can switch the Preshow and Main Show from French to English and English to French .

  8. #8

    • The Darkness to Light
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,557

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    It is on it, as I have the CD and listened to it many times.
    Which version: the Ride-Thru mix or the longer Walk-Thru mix?

    And what online seller do you suggest I look at? Amazon.com doesn't have any of the current park CDs listed (as usual).
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

  9. #9

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    68

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    There are two versions of the Haunted Mansion CD. As far as I know the latest one is without the Vincent Price narration.
    I have the first version with the VP narration and I wanted to buy the new one too, just in case of, but on the tracklist there was no sign of the VP narration.

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    vincent price narration in Phantom Manor is gone forever because french people would complain a lot .

    But for those of you who rode Tower of Terror the Bellhop can switch the Preshow and Main Show from French to English and English to French .
    How would they know which one to play? Or is it random?

  11. #11

    • Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Live in the Uk, born in California
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    They ask you in french (how many of you speak french). If there are a minority of hands raised in the room/elevator, the narration is english (I got to ride in English first time). If there are more hands, then it is in French (the way my wife experienced it 1st time).
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!





  12. #12

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bloody miles away
    Posts
    6,904

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    It is/was. They have a 20 minute "walk thru" mix similar to the track that is used for the Haunted Mansion track on the DLR 50th box set.
    That is indeed an excellent recording as is the HMH track featuring Jack and co.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011





  13. #13

    • The Darkness to Light
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,557

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiana View Post
    There are two versions of the Haunted Mansion CD. As far as I know the latest one is without the Vincent Price narration.
    I have the first version with the VP narration and I wanted to buy the new one too, just in case of, but on the tracklist there was no sign of the VP narration.
    News of that is making me even more worried now that I'll not be able to find it now.

    So I should be looking for the older version of the Haunted Mansion CD, right? Again, any sellers you recommend?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

  14. #14

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Which version: the Ride-Thru mix or the longer Walk-Thru mix?

    And what online seller do you suggest I look at? Amazon.com doesn't have any of the current park CDs listed (as usual).
    I'm not sure which one was on the CD, but the one I have is 12:48.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    News of that is making me even more worried now that I'll not be able to find it now.

    So I should be looking for the older version of the Haunted Mansion CD, right? Again, any sellers you recommend?
    I didn't even realize that the newer version didn't have the Vincent Price narration. I bought my 30th anniversary CD from ebay, and now that I know the newer CD lacks this track, am glad I ponied up the dough for it. Good luck!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  15. #15

    • The Darkness to Light
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,557

    Re: The Vincent Price Recording of Phantom Manor - Gone forever?

    I don't like eBay after a bad experiance with it.

    But I did find this while I was looking for vendors: https://01508f4.netsolstores.com/ind...el=&strCompare=

    Has anyone ordered off of ExtinctAttractions.com before? I never heard of it until now, but it looks like they have a nice collection of rare audio.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Vincent Price Phantom Manor Laugh in HM
    By RegionsBeyond in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 05:57 PM
  2. Phantom Manor
    By Scorchio in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 01:26 AM
  3. Phantom Manor video with Vincent Price
    By tito in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 09:30 AM
  4. Phantom Manor
    By A Disney Dreamer in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 09:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •