• Vehicle rotating backward

Business is good

France 24 | No crisis for French Disneyland | France 24

No crisis for French Disneyland

Tuesday 21 October 2008
    France's Euro Disney announced a record number of visits this year, with 15.3 million people coming to theme park despite the international crisis. In September, its sales rose 9 per cent to reach 1.33 billion euros.
    I wonder at what point when DLP is making the mothership more money than any of the US parks. That'll reach the peak of irony.

• Banned User

Re: Business is good

OFF topic... TDR also had a very good year with a 7% increase in attandance. One of their best years so far, and all thanks to the 25th anniversary that most people found lacking. If only the powers that run WDW realized how good annniversary celebrations are to the bottom line...

• Pirate - G'har!

Oh of course, TDR must be doing well with it's perfect cast members and flawless theming where everyone gets a free ferrari with their hotel room and a free personal butler.

Great news about DLRP!

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    I wonder at what point when DLP is making the mothership more money than any of the US parks. That'll reach the peak of irony.
    While business is good at the moment, the real challenge will be keeping these results up in the next few years. It will be interesting to re visit this thread next year and see if attendance has dropped or not. If it remains steady I think it will be a cause for a celebration, but right now not really, as the Resort has opened a ton of new attractions so the results should be good.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Hola Yola!

Who knows, maybe the economic downturn will see many Europeans who would've headed further afield opt for DLRP and business will end up being very solid. At this point in time the central Paris location and connection by rail to a large part of Europe may really benefit the resort as people look for somewhere that's easy and relatively cheap to spend their vacation.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    Who knows, maybe the economic downturn will see many Europeans who would've headed further afield opt for DLRP and business will end up being very solid. At this point in time the central Paris location and connection by rail to a large part of Europe may really benefit the resort as people look for somewhere that's easy and relatively cheap to spend their vacation.
    Exactly no one expects this recession that we are heading into to last, so I don't think its going to put people off going on vacation, although people may perfer going on cheaper and shorter vacations like DLRP, than big holidays like WDW.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Exactly no one expects this recession that we are heading into to last, so I don't think its going to put people off going on vacation, although people may perfer going on cheaper and shorter vacations like DLRP, than big holidays like WDW.
    If the recession ends, then the US dollar starts heading back up again hopefully, assuming the fed hasn't done too much damage. A strong Euro and a weak dollar combined led to a lot of WDW bargains but the Euro end of that fell a bit and an increase of the dollar would just burn the candle from the other end.

A better financial atmosphere doesn't necessarily mean DLP becomes a ghost town again.

TWDC does not earn a lot at the moment from DLRP, that's because in the financial restructeringplan from a couple of years ago it was agreed that TWDC would agree with a cut on the percentage they have on many things like managementfees, copyright fees, etc

However, here is the catch. TWDC did not do this for free or out of generosity. No. All theses cuts in costs are put in a new loan that EDL has to pay to TWDC in I think two years from now.

At that time, that loan on posponed management fees and usage rights from disney movie charachters etc will be around 200 million euro's.

• Banned User

Maybe they should keep the 15th anniversary going until the 18th?