• Senior Minion

DLP's Biggest Thrill

Everyone takes something different away from a trip to DLP. And everyone goes for a different reason.

So what is the biggest thrill you get from a visit there?
    The ToT drop?
    BTM?
    PM?
    Meeting Mickey?
    Walking up Main Street?
    Or maybe just walking through the turnstiles!

Personally, my biggest single thrill came from visiting The Art of Animation and standing within touching distance of an original multiplane camera.

(BTM comes a close second!)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Hitchhiker

Re: DLP's Biggest Thrill

Euro Disney stock market

..and the second is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

The biggest thrill is the pure emersion into theme and the compulsion to be a kid again (and no, characters are not the motivation)
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

I'm kinda with Baloo on this. The biggest thrill comes every time you notice one of those incredible items of detail or theming that you've not noticed before. Of course the more you visit the less those thrills come but I'm still seeing new things.

For me that is what puts any Disney Park above what the competitors have to offer.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Of course the more you visit the less those thrills come but I'm still seeing new things.
    Thats for sure, despite visiting the park for years, I had no idea until today that the Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk can be spotted inside a shop in Fantasyland.

The biggest thrill for me is the overall experience, just walking down Main Street and seeing characters signing autographs, listening to the BGM and all the Main Street cars going pass hooting there horns. And those sort of expereinces follow you around the park.

• Banned User

The park's overall design and theme is what thrills me the most, which is why I love TDS so much as well, and reason why I was horribly disapppointed with WDS.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The park's overall design and theme is what thrills me the most, which is why I love TDS so much as well, and reason why I was horribly disapppointed with WDS.
    Well TDLFAN I don't think you will get into an argument over that. I think WDS has some interesting and compelling attractions but the overall design and theme was a disappointment. I first visited in rainy bleak November and the parks themeing did little to warm me up. Still that’s what you get for building a park on a budget and many might say they had little choice but that I think is a discussion for another thread.

• Hola Yola!

The biggest thrill I got on the last trip was when we were leaving at the end of the day and Mickey was waving down to everybody from the station with a little recorded spiel playing. I had no idea they did this, but the kids were going nuts and everyone was rushing over and waving up at him. It was a little like Beatle mania for kids, with shouts of "Mickey! Mickey", "hola Mickey!", "au revoir Mickey!" The whole thing was so funny and really the highlight of the day!

I even took a picture:

• Banned User

Some of you may even get a thrill at DLP this monday or tuesday since I am planning on being there.. so this is your chance to meet a real life disney villain in person.

• is not behind the current

My biggest thrill came on my trip in October..watching my 18 month old boy running accross to cuddle Mickey on the last day of the trip..the most amazing thing I have ever seen and always make me beam with pride when I think of it

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cap'njack View Post
    My biggest thrill came on my trip in October..watching my 18 month old boy running accross to cuddle Mickey on the last day of the trip..the most amazing thing I have ever seen and always make me beam with pride when I think of it
    Welcome to aboard MiceChat cap'n!

Indeed, my son's continued delighted reaction to the characters gives me great pleasure. On his first visit (just before his 2nd birthday), he took Gideon (from Pinocchio) by the hand and lead him on a 10 minute tour of Walt's - burbling nonsense the whole time! That Gideon allowed him to do this and that no other child tried to intervene amazes me to this day!
    And this seems to be the thrust of this thread - that however much money is poured into new attractions, it seems to be the details and atmosphere that offers the biggest thrills and fondest memories.*

*cue for studio audience to go 'awwwwww'!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011