Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WDS : marks near Tram Tour on the grass ! Constructions To Begin ?

New wood Sticks has been seen and painted in green on the grass and there is a whole bunch of them and they go beyon the Tram Route .

It is Exactly at the same spot that the New Kiddie Attractions are supposed to be build .

Now the thing is that gonna be the that project or the Ratatouille project .

Re: WDS : marks near Tram Tour on the grass ! Constructions To Begin ?

Last edited by NeverNeverland; 11-12-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed. Hotlinking not allowed.

• Cool Yule

Certainly looks like they're at least surveying the land.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Also don't forget the news that Photo Magiques broke regarding the permits to remove part of the forest. It looks like expansion is going ahead, and it makes sense to start soon with the Recession on the way, cost for building materials should be lower, and it will keep people in work, and prove to investors the company is thinking ahead to the future.

This is good news but excuse my pesimisum have these green stakes and The permission to cut trees been awarded before the Credit Crunch hit hard. I am a shareholder and like many fans I feel that if this happens it can only be good news for the whole resort, but being as Disney is so secretive with regard to any new project it does not excite the market to invest in Eurodisney SCA or current shareholders to enhance their current portfolio.

• Senior Minion

Wait and see.. tomorrow those sticks may have 'do not walk on the grass' signs nailed to them!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Blog Entries

I don't know much about Paris's parks. Where does this tram tour goes. That almost looks like park land more than it does theme park land. Is that land outside of the berm? What exactly does this tour show? Just trying to figure out where things are in the park?

• Cool Yule

That bottom picture is heading towards the Boneyard (iirc), you can just see one of the Armageddon shuttles sticking out (centre of image).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I don't know much about Paris's parks. Where does this tram tour goes. That almost looks like park land more than it does theme park land. Is that land outside of the berm? What exactly does this tour show? Just trying to figure out where things are in the park?
    The tour is pathetic in Paris... but to answer part of your question.. the last time I took this tour, it went thru an open area of props from different Disney related movie productions, the set used in that dinosaur tv series...something like Dino Utopia... can't remember. You also went thru Catastrophy Canyon, just like the one in FL, and then you went thru another set of the movie "Reign of Fire", which was cool but only featured a fire torch that we were supposed to believe it was the dragon featured in the movie (we never see the dragon, but just the fire) however, the set of a destroyed London city was impressive.

And that was about it.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The tour is pathetic in Paris... but to answer part of your question.. the last time I took this tour, it went thru an open area of props from different Disney related movie productions, the set used in that dinosaur tv series...something like Dino Utopia... can't remember. You also went thru Catastrophy Canyon, just like the one in FL, and then you went thru another set of the movie "Reign of Fire", which was cool but only featured a fire torch that we were supposed to believe it was the dragon featured in the movie (we never see the dragon, but just the fire) however, the set of a destroyed London city was impressive.

And that was about it.
    A harsh but fair assessment.

To answer a bit more of your question, kcnole, the Tram Tour route effectively cuts off the top of the park (making further expansion impossible until they re-reoute the thing) before plunging into a large area of woodland, with Catastrophe Canyon on the far side. It's a terrible layout, and I'm glad it looks as though this will be changed soon.

I'm told the direction in which the trams travel around the circuit will also be switched. Instead of departing from left to right, they will travel right to left, visiting the Reign of Fire set first, and culminating in Cat. Canyon as the finale. This was the plan all along, of course, but they built the trams with the doors on the wrong side.

(Yes, seriously).
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

However, I now sadly find the WDSP tour superior to the WDW one (although WDW has a better queue for it).
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Blog Entries

Thanks for the answers. I greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Baloo; 11-12-2008 at 10:20 AM.

• Cool Yule

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    This was the plan all along, of course, but they built the trams with the doors on the wrong side.

(Yes, seriously).
    Why am I not surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    However, I now sadly find the WDSP tour superior to the WDW one (although WDW has a better queue for it).
    Given the way the Studio's version has been watered down, I can understand that.

The Original Tour was much better.. and longer.

I believe so yes. The tram is literally about to go by the Bone yard to its left.

Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Why am I not surprised?
    Given the way the Studio's version has been watered down, I can understand that.
    I have been on the Florida one and seen videos of the one in Paris...neither one seems much better than the other...Florida has the water effects show and Paris has the London set as unique elements. At least if rumors are true, the Orlando one will get replaced by Pixar Place expansion in the next few years, which I think will be a change for the better in terms of attractions, although it takes the park even further away from its original theme.
    Down with the Hat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast