Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: Disneyland Paris was Sold Out yesterday !

Personally I never understood why Peter Pan's Flight was so popular. It's alright, but not worth waiting more than 20 mins for. Then again I feel the same way about Crush Coaster.

As for the hours, honestly, DLP on a cold dark night can be miserable, it gets so cold, the park empties out. I think this is why the hours are shorter (as well as the economic reasons).
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I absolutely hate FastPass, its very difficult in a park the size of DLRP to organise anything for the day. You might be issued a FP for 12.30, but it doesn't help if you plan to see the 12.30 showing of the Lion King or have lunch reservations. Granted if your on a vacation you could always skip a show or attraction, but what about people visiting on a day trip.

• is satisfactual.

It is true that Peter Pan's Flight has a somewhat snug queue compared to "'small world." I wonder if they couldn't fix that somehow? Close it down for a while and give it a good overhaul, make it a bit longer and the queue a little roomier — in other words, make it into the E-ticket it's being treated as. I know that sounds a little extreme and a little '80s Disneyland, but it is a very, very popular ride in Paris.

I get it though. In what sort of world is "'small world" a top attraction? Who'd want to do that more than once per trip? Peter Pan however is charming, and quite enchanting (that "flying over London" bit never ceases to reinvigorate my faith in what a little plywood and glow-in-the-dark paint can do). Plus you get to ride in a flying ship, haha. It's just far too short to justify the wait.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 12-17-2008 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    It

I get it though. In what sort of world is "'small world" a top attraction?
    Different strokes. I have skipped PP on many trips, but IASW is a three times (min) a day attraction. Our record is 15 times in one day.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Different strokes. I have skipped PP on many trips, but IASW is a three times (min) a day attraction. Our record is 15 times in one day.
    Are you sure you don't just go on it as much as you do because it's forever a walk-on? But well, yes, different strokes I suppose.

Nope, I love all the attention to detail in IASW. My wife and I used to make dolls. And it was so much of a childhood favorite, I think that is a part of why I studied International Relations at UNI, and worked for the Department of Children Schools and Families as a Programme Director.

We only tend to go on PP during EMH and once a trip is enough for me. Then again, I have flown over the real London about 100 times or so, so maybe that is where it loses the alure? My kids prefer PotC, IASM, BTM, PM or even the Tea Cups and Carousel.

• Dancing through life

I like Its a Small World and Peter Pan.
    When I went on Peter Pan in November I noticed the cars on Tower Bridge are actually moving!

I would never queue more than a few minutes for either though. Unfortunatly Its a Small World was closed when I was there

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Lets not forget Its a Small World is a real crowd eater. Peter Pan's capacity each hour is much lower so this adds up in the wait times.

By the way does anyone else find the Peter Pan attraction at DLRP very jerky with the drops a bit more intense than other versions of the same attraction.

• Banned User

No, not really.

And davewasbaloo... I agree with you on IASW. I would only hope you get to see TDL's version, which is an exact replica of WDW... so you can see how WDW's version should really be maintained like! I also hope you get to ride HKDL's version and TDL's Xmas overlay. They are indeed the best versions up there... almost apar with DLP's.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I absolutely hate FastPass, its very difficult in a park the size of DLRP to organise anything for the day. You might be issued a FP for 12.30, but it doesn't help if you plan to see the 12.30 showing of the Lion King or have lunch reservations. Granted if your on a vacation you could always skip a show or attraction, but what about people visiting on a day trip.
    I don't remember having any problems using FastPasses beyond the printed return times. YMMV.

Discussed here.
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 12-19-2008 at 11:45 AM.
    --Jonathan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123