Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Why didn't DLP never get a Splash Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    They already have kind of. Much of the last scene in Phantom Manor was taken from the concept art from WRE.
    Well, the real ride would of course have been something else...with a proper flume drop like Splash Mt. For benefit of those who don't know... was also a scene from WRE which was snuck into the (now gone) World of Motion at Epcot (the scene of the stagecoach being robbed). I read that WRE was pitched to Eisner while DLP was being designed, but he shot it down, opting for the more elaborate version of BTM instead.
    Down with the Hat

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    In regards to Paris... well, visiting the park in winter and seeing most fountains and waterfalls either turned off for the season or frozen solid, it only explains to me why Splash Mountain would not be a good addition to the park, or could be an operational nightmare and expense during the winter months. But I am only guessing on this.
    That is my theory too. Paris is farther north than Tokyo so they are more prone to colder weather. It would be hard for them to operate a mechanical outdoor water ride like Splash Mountain frequently without pipes freezing up and such.

Also explains why there is no Jungle Cruise in the Paris park either.

It would be interesting if DLP maybe took both rides and reinvent them to be all indoor water rides. A flume drop in the dark? That would be crazy cool.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    So does that mean that you hate a half of everybody or only hate half of the world's population? These questions need to be answered!
    Hi everyone

I’m not agree with you. French don’t hate everybody. I’m proud to be French.
    Let me tell you something. In Disneyland Paris, the cast members speak French, English, Spanish, Italian and German.
    Last week I was at Walt Disney World, and I realized that it's very difficult to speak with the cast members when the English is not perfect.
    Andre and Autumn, who work at Tower of Terror’s gift, laughed about me, because I asked them to repeat and to speak more slowly. I was really disappointed.

Splash Mountain is very fun, but the weather does not allow its installation.
    Here are some pictures of Adventureland in winter.

-----
    Last edited by Rystall; 12-26-2008 at 11:05 AM.
    My pictures of Disneyland Resort Paris : http://community.webshots.com/user/toupatou
    My pictures of The Hollywood Tower Hotel: http://family.webshots.com/album/558257160OBAWon
    ------

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

but if you have a Rivers of America. Why can't you have a jungle cruise?

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    but if you have a Rivers of America. Why can't you have a jungle cruise?
    I think that the animatronics could not resist freezing.
    My pictures of Disneyland Resort Paris : http://community.webshots.com/user/toupatou
    My pictures of The Hollywood Tower Hotel: http://family.webshots.com/album/558257160OBAWon
    ------

Well Disneyland Paris never had the chance to built Splash Mountain till now .
    When Euro Disney just opened they had financial problems and had to decide to Built a Big E Ticket . Euro Disney had to pick between Splash Mountain , Discovery Mountain or smaller different attractions .

Plans changed till then and they started Discovery Mountain constructions back in 1993 with the Indiana Jones Temple du Peril which was basically Temporary .

Euro Disney SCA had a HUGE Success with the Opening of Space Mountain and right after Space Mountain opened all projects were focused on the WDS Park .

Euro Disney SCA didnt had that much money to build that park . With all that money invested for the WDS they could built a Splash Mountain in adv instead .

Now ideas changed and everything that Euro Disney will invest for will be for WDS and not for DL Park . But i recently heard that Disneyland Park might get a great Birthday Gift for the 20th .

As we know for now is that WDS will have an Expansion because there is constructions behind the Tram Tour and the Forest as well.

Wait till January or February for an Official Announcement at the Annual General Shareholders Meeting witha Presentation from Philippe Gas .

The Jungle Cruise is not build in Paris because of the language problem. Splitting up groups in different languages has proven to be difficult for capacity with for example the Tram Tour, wich had many different languages, but now only has two I think.

That Paris is more to the north then Tokyo doesn't make much of a difference, it's the climate that does. From where do most of the time comes the wind, is it from over sea? over land? If it's from over sea, weather in Paris is +7 in winter, if it's from over land it could easily go under 0 C

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Besides the language issue, when DLP was being built, they decided there were already too many copies in Europe. Both Drayton Manor (in the UK) and Phantasialand in Germany had copied the famous Disney scenes almost identically.

Instead there was a concept for a while to integrate the Indy/Dinosaur EMV ride system with jungle scenes on the expansion pad near Indy.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Diva Extrodinaire

Maybe re=theme it to Pocahontas and have a drop in the beginning when she jumps off the cliff and have smaller ones later?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Maybe re=theme it to Pocahontas and have a drop in the beginning when she jumps off the cliff and have smaller ones later?
    That seems to be a popular idea. Having just seen Pocahontas again, I don't get that at all, personally. What an awful movie. I don't mean to sound like a bitchy smart-***, but goodness gracious, it's like a two-hour long Thanksgiving-themed after school special. And how would that fit into Frontierland anyway? The current land, let's face it, does nothing if not celebrate old-timey violence. And lo, say hello to the E-ticket that will teach us all a valuable lesson, haha.

(Edit: I can't believe we're not allowed to type a word that's allowed on prime-time television. Ah well.)

• Not here to help

no more jungles... lets hope for something new

• would love some pie

What about a Grand Canyon type water ride?
    KABLAM!

I have always thought that if they do decide to built a Splash Mountain, it should have a complete different theme. Maybe Bambi and put it in Fantasyland. Or a Kuzco-theme and put it in Adventureland. Or even Atlantis in Discoveryland....

Or Narnia and then in the Studios....

One problem they have right now with building a new Splash Mountain or even just any flume ride like it is that the company that either built the boats (DL) or the whole ride system (WDW, TDL possibly) does not exist anymore! Hopskin was a large water ride builder, but was purchased by a french company called Reverchon in early 2000 and Reverchon actually went under a few years ago. They just re emerged now and parks are not interested in doing business with them, because when they went bankrupt, they lost money and time.

Now, for a water ride, what do you do? You have 3 big companies right now building water rides. Mack Rides, which are german and are behind the Journey to Atlantis water coasters and Ripsaw Falls at IOA. Hafema is german as well and are big innovators! They designed a 3 drops rapid rides with two elevators for the rafts for a german park and they built this year the first US log flume since 1999 in Ohio. Intamin is the third choice. They have the perfect product for Disneyland Paris in their catalogue...

The Aquatrax. What is it? Imagine a log flume or water coaster... where the boats never touch the water. You can even include a launch if you wish to make it more exciting or save space. Here is the only model of its kind. Atlantis Adventure (Lotte World) . Now, set this ride in a mountain, hide the tracks and you got the perfect ride that will work year round.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    That seems to be a popular idea. Having just seen Pocahontas again, I don't get that at all, personally. What an awful movie. I don't mean to sound like a bitchy smart-***, but goodness gracious, it's like a two-hour long Thanksgiving-themed after school special. And how would that fit into Frontierland anyway? The current land, let's face it, does nothing if not celebrate old-timey violence. And lo, say hello to the E-ticket that will teach us all a valuable lesson, haha.

(Edit: I can't believe we're not allowed to type a word that's allowed on prime-time television. Ah well.)
    I think that the Pocahontas theme was only popular with Fizzy (what ever happened to him?). I still think my Jungle Book Splash Mountain idea has legs.

And yes, Pocahontas the movie is just awful.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast