Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Senior Minion

Re: Why didn't DLP never get a Splash Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by TaranOfPrydain View Post

Or Narnia and then in the Studios....
    Highly unlikely since Disney have just dumped Narnia (hooray!)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Highly unlikely since Disney have just dumped Narnia (hooray!)
    Ooh, have they? I'm happy about that as well. Sorry, Narnia fans.

I suppose that eliminates the possibility of a Narnia makeover for Armageddon at the Studios then.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Ooh, have they? I'm happy about that as well.
    See for yourself...

http://micechat.com/forums/movies/10...de-disney.html

Thoughtful of the poster 'not to want to ruin anyone's Christmas' wasn't it?!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Well as much as I love Splash, with the temps this last couple of weeks (-12C, 18F), I doubt I would ride it in winter (mind you I wouldn't even want to go to DLP in this cold)
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• De la Terre à la Luke

I still pine for this attraction in DLP every now and again... I enjoyed it so much at DL and MK. I've been trying to find the soundtrack to Splash Mountain, but it's not on iTunes

Does anyone know if it's on any CDs that are currently in print?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by luke7059 View Post

Does anyone know if it's on any CDs that are currently in print?
    No Disney fan should be without this....

A Musical History of Disneyland: Disney: Amazon.co.uk: Music

It's bloody brilliant and incudes a full ride-through of Splash (as well as many, many others)

Yes the Amazon price is a little steep but you can get it for £50 from one of their secondary sellers or try checking ebay. It really is a must-have!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• De la Terre à la Luke

That looks amazing Nathan! Thanks for posting

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I think that a Winnie the Pooh themed Splash Mountain could work since the stories all take place in the woods. Pooh has many stories and songs to create many show scenes throughout the attraction, there are also villains for the drop section. The Disneyland and Magic Kingdom versions aren't that good because they are so short, extending the stories could make a great attraction.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    I think that a Winnie the Pooh themed Splash Mountain could work since the stories all take place in the woods. Pooh has many stories and songs to create many show scenes throughout the attraction, there are also villains for the drop section. The Disneyland and Magic Kingdom versions aren't that good because they are so short, extending the stories could make a great attraction.
    Villains in the Pooh stories? Did I miss something? Heffalumps and woozles maybe but 'villains'? Plus Pooh is attractive to smaller kids - not really the type that Splash is aimed at.

The Jungle Book is the only way forward for a new theme for Splash (although I wouldn't complain if it remained SotS)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Meh, Pocahontas may not be the cornerstone of Disney animation but it is highly under appreciated.

But back to the topic, is there a place in Paris that could get a hybrid Splash / Matterhorn? Ice Mountain?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• De la Terre à la Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Meh, Pocahontas may not be the cornerstone of Disney animation but it is highly under appreciated.

But back to the topic, is there a place in Paris that could get a hybrid Splash / Matterhorn? Ice Mountain?
    There's space to put a Splash Mountain type attraction in either Frontierland or Adventureland...

In this pic of Fronterland, I've selected the possible land that could be used in green, with the Railroad station in red, Woody's Roundup Village in yellow, and the Chaparral Theatre in purple. The Railroad station was built so that it could be moved if needed, so in theory the station could be moved anywhere along this area to make room for a Splash Mountain or another attraction?

If there was to be an Adventureland setting for another attraction, there is plenty of space which I've selected as green, Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril is in red. There is always the possibility that new attractions could be placed partly outside the berm either by digging under the Railroad tracks, or building around them by forming tunnels. I think it's promising that DLP does have space to build on in the future, I'm not as optimistic to think it might be anytime soon, but the possibility is there!

It's funny you mention this. As I was driving in to work this morning listening to the music of Splash Mountain I was thinking how Song of the South was basically selected because of the ease of re-using all those America Sings animatronics and how they really could have done the same thing with Pooh characters. As I thought about it more, though, I realized that Pooh is targeted really young--much younger than is appropriate for a scary flume drop. I imagine that's why Pooh was never used in the first place.

I personally LOVE the Song of the South characters, but of all the possibilities out there, the animated films that make the most sense to me are Jungle Book, Tarzan and The Emperor's New Groove--but let's face it, the only one of these anyone has any positive attachment to is Jungle Book. I don't really see Pocahontas fitting well (although I do, in fact, think it was a decent flick--a solid mid-level feature).

I really think the best fit, though, might be a live-action connection or altogether unique idea. Western River Expedition-turned-Splash Mountain; something based on the upcoming Zorro or Prince of Persia flicks (if either are successful); something that could also be inserted into Beastly Kingdom at AK, such as a Dragon themed version---these are the ideas that seem the most interesting.

It will be very fun to see how it all develops!

Brer Dan

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post

Wink Re: Why didn't DLP never get a Splash Mountain?

Or maybe DLP never got a Splash Mountain because the Walt Disney Co. couldn't bare the thought of us Europeans donning our "skin ponchos" durning the warmer months in order to not get our clothes soaked. Just a thought...

actually if Disneyland Paris management wants to keep the attendance high they will have to built an E Ticket Attraction for Disneyland Park .

Toy Story Playland for the studios are under Construction Right now and it seems that they FINALLY understood and thanks TOT that with new ATTRACTIONS you get more visitors .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234