Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's a Small World

Hi everyone

I recently created an album of "Itís a Small World". You are welcome to view my pictures. I hope you will enjoy.
    link to the album -->

Slideshow of pictures, photos, and videos, from webshots

---
    --
    My pictures of Disneyland Resort Paris : http://community.webshots.com/user/toupatou
    My pictures of The Hollywood Tower Hotel: http://family.webshots.com/album/558257160OBAWon
    ------

• Rock The World

Re: It's a Small World

Great album, Rystall. Thanks for sharing the pics. By the way, during my visit last week, I noticed that all references to France Telecom had been removed from the ride, including the post-show area. It seems the company is no longer sponsoring the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Hi! Thank you for your nice comments about my pictures. And thank you for this information. I couldnít go to Disneyland Paris this month. I wasnít in France. I will go on this Saturday. I will take some new pictures for you all.
    My pictures of Disneyland Resort Paris : http://community.webshots.com/user/toupatou
    My pictures of The Hollywood Tower Hotel: http://family.webshots.com/album/558257160OBAWon
    ------

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Oh, very nice! It's interesting to see a facade so much more colorful and different than ours here in Anaheim.

Merci!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Banned User

FYI.. ALL of the ISAW facades (except for the cheap set they built at WDW's) are more colorful than Anaheim's. Personally, Paris has the best ride version, but hands down, HKDL has the best facade, with the most impressive light show of them all at night.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    FYI.. ALL of the ISAW facades (except for the cheap set they built at WDW's) are more colorful than Anaheim's. Personally, Paris has the best ride version, but hands down, HKDL has the best facade, with the most impressive light show of them all at night.
    That's true. (C'est vrai!)

I like that all the facades are somewhat different. (I agree, I don't get why they put WDW's inside a building. Part of the magic of "iasw" is seeing the great fanciful OUTDOORS facade.)

I really enjoy Disneyland's though being all white with hints of gold -- it's very classy and elegant and makes our color show at night even that much more vibrant.

The others - such as HKDL's - are more colorful and more whimsical, which is a good thing. (Count me in as one who really enjoys the HKDL's "iasw" facade.)

I also - maybe this is because I'm a Disneyland native - enjoy our clock face better. The sun and moon concept is interesting, and I'm glad it's in the Paris version, but I just prefer the classic clock face. Our clock to me just looks more friendly and classy and more cheerier.

I've got to admit, though, after seeing the original poster's wonderful photos, Paris has one hell of an inside show. I love how the water channel is curvy and close to the sets - makes it look like a river.

Puts the Disneyland one - the one that was just refurbished! - to shame.
    (I also cannot help but chuckle at the fact at how big the Eiffel Tower is compared to the rest of the landmarks - at least it appears so!)

Don't worry - I'm not making fun of French people - I'm French myself.

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent Fan View Post

I've got to admit, though, after seeing the original poster's wonderful photos, Paris has one hell of an inside show. I love how the water channel is curvy and close to the sets - makes it look like a river.

Puts the Disneyland one - the one that was just refurbished! - to shame.
    (I also cannot help but chuckle at the fact at how big the Eiffel Tower is compared to the rest of the landmarks - at least it appears so!)
    Being a native Disneylander, I do have a soft spot for DL's, and I cannot yet comment on HKDL, but I do think DLP has the finest IASW in the world, like most of the e-tickets (also see PM, BTMRR, PotC, and Space Mountain)
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• is satisfactual.

Wonderful pictures as always.

I think it's great that they tried something new in Paris, and it truly is a lavish, wonderful version (one of only two where the boats go outside the building!), but to be honest I always do miss the mid-century style of Disneyland's version. The Disneyland Paris version of the ride is a very 1960s concept with a 1990s style plastered over it — which in my opinion doesn't quite work.

Not that you can blame the Imagineers for not having mastered time travel, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I would like to see an IASW with HKDL's facade and DLP's version. WDW should have this version.

• is satisfactual.

But isn't Hong Kong's facade just Disneyland's with LEDs..?

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    But isn't Hong Kong's facade just Disneyland's with LEDs..?
    Pretty much. However, it uses a much more colorful array of colors for its facade.

Disneyland's "iasw" - in its current form - is an elegant white with gold accents.

(Disneyland's use to be a soft palette of pink and blue hues but has since been changed to its current form for quite a few years now.)

HKDL's:

Disneyland's:

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Being a native Disneylander, I do have a soft spot for DL's, and I cannot yet comment on HKDL, but I do think DLP has the finest IASW in the world, like most of the e-tickets (also see PM, BTMRR, PotC, and Space Mountain)
    I agree, Phantom Manor looks absolutely awesome!

I can recall many a times where I went online just to check for details/facts (for hours on end) about Phantom Manor.

It's sad to hear, however, of its falling state (refurbishment-wise).

(I also wish they would have English tours of the Manor. I love French and the french language (I'm studying it currently), but it'd be nice to have it presented to tourists in a way they can understand - at least from America or Britain.)

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

• Banned User

Here is a photo of HKDL's IASW facade at night just as the clock parade ends...

• is satisfactual.

Hmmm, I don't know about Hong Kong, but I suppose I'm just a grumpy old Mary Blair purist.

It's like when you see one of those 1950s Tiki places that have now been repainted in bright colors and house laundromats. It's just not right.

• Banned User

I can appreciate DL's white and gold facade as well. But frankly, if all of the DL parks in the World were photocopies of each other, it would truly be boring and we would not have reason to go around the World visiting them. But beware of being a purist... as even Walt knew his park had to evolve over time. Things need to be kept fresh and in sync with the current technology.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast